2.9

2012 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 300:

2012 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Dec 182013

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Defuniak Springs, FL, USA

Feb 202015

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part was not available for the recall remedy. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gary, IN, USA

Feb 172015

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The brake warning light and engine warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the speedometer needle fluttered, the wipers activated independently, and the trunk lid failed to open. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 35,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 012014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Waynesville, NC, USA

Nov 122014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Redlands, CA, USA

Dec 042014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/14/15

- Hillsboro, TX, USA

Jan 312015

300 6-cyl

First my car displayed "battery saver mode", next the radio shuts off, the ABS, ebs, and check engine light comes on, then the car automatically and completely shuts off with no other warning.

- Dededo, GU, USA

Oct 012014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the alternator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Nov 012014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Jan 112015

300 6-cyl

I had just left my house and was approximately a quarter mile from home when my son and I noticed a strong smell of something burning. Then the radio turned off. I looked down and the message center said "battery saving mode". I had just put a new battery on less than 4 months ago. Then I heard a whirring noise under the hood and the vehicle would not accelerate up a hill. The red outline of a battery appeared on the dash. I took the car back home and parked it -- then had to have a new alternator installed the next day. Mechanic said there was definite evidence of the alternator burning up. After picking up the vehicle with the new alternator -- my heat would not blow out the front vents. Turns out the actuator had gone out. I am still trying to determine if this was caused by the electrical system or just a really strange coincidence. I am still afraid to drive the car when I get on the interstate even with the new alternator because I was told it could happen again at anytime without knowing the cause of the problem.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jan 092015

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The specifics of the failure were not available. The failure mileage was 159,000.

- San Diego , CA, USA

Jan 032015

300 6-cyl

Two recent issues with this vehicle. ABS/ecs warning light began coming on intermittently then over one weeks time it stayed on for longer periods. Light now stays on constantly after starting and moving the vehicle a short distance. Recently was driving at about 30 mph and the car hesitated, check engine light came on and service transmission warning appeared on dash display. The vehicle drove like it was in low gear engine RPM 2000 and moving under 20 mph. Pulled the vehicle into a safe spot tried to put the vehicle in park. Worked the shift lever however the car would not go into park nor could I turn the vehicle off. Eventually was able to get the car into park, not sure exactly how I did it, but was able to shut the vehicle off. Contact Chrysler road side assistance and they dispatched a tow truck to service the vehicle at a local dealer. The dealer service shop is back-up and will be a couple of days before they can examine the vehicle. Spoke to Chrysler technical support they conformed the vehicle has no existing recall notices.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 022015

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 3/13/15 updated 03/17/15

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 222014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact was notified of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 212014

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was restarted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician stated that the vehicle was functioning as designed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated the VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 14,999. Updated 02/24/15 the consumer stated the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. Updated 6/10/2015

- Park Hills, MO, USA

Dec 122014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the parts needed to do the repair were unavailable. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue.

- New Britain, CT, USA

Dec 042014

300 6-cyl

This is in regards to Chrysler recall P60/NHTSA 14V-634 I received recall notice on thurs, Dec 4, 2014. I drove the vehicle to the don jackson dealership in union city, ga where it was purchased and presented the recall notice. I was told there are no parts available to correct the problem and no date as to when parts will be available. I called Chrysler 800 - 853-1403 number and provided recall notice info. I was told there are no parts to correct the problem and no date as to when parts will be available. I have explained that I work 50 miles from where I live and that I am driving thru 8 lanes of traffic 5 days a week. In addition, I have explained that this car is scheduled for a long 428 mile one way trip for xmas. Still no date as to when parts will be available. I was then told that this car is safe to drive. I wonder about this since the notice claims possible failure of electrical system and loss of anti-lock brakes. No one seems to care about my safety. So what about the 8 lanes of drivers and cars around me. Does anyone care about the possible impact to drivers who have nothing to do with this problem. They should not be harmed !!! I am making payments on this vehicle and feel that I should receive greater consideration. If this car is deemed to be possibly "not safe, " I strongly recommend that Chrysler find me one which is safe. Again, safercar -- what happens to the drivers around me if the systems in this Chrysler 300 should fail and I lose brake control in 8 lanes of traffic" any ideas" the folks who built it appear to be clueless !!!

- Peachtree City, GA, USA

Nov 162014

300

Was driving down the road and car started making a noise. Pulled over and popped the hood and smelled burning of plastic. Alternator was smoking. Had to have towed home.

- Smiths, AL, USA

Nov 062014

300 6-cyl

I was going 30mph when I noticed my radio turned off, few seconds later center console went off, afterwards all the warning lights appeared on my instrument panel. The lights were going on and off the wind shield wipers turned on. 10 seconds later I lost brake control and the vehicle was stuck on the drive gear, power steering was off as well. I ran through a red light I managed to use the emergency break to stop, once I was stopped the car was still stuck on drive, the engine was shaking and making noise it took 30 mins for the engine to turn off. The vehicle interior and exterior lights were going crazy. The car got towed now the dealer is charging me 1,020 to replace the alternator and battery. That's how Chrysler thanks me for almost crashing.

- Detroit , MI, USA

Oct 302014

300 6-cyl

I was driving along the street going about my normal day and while I was driving my radio shut off then all my lights on the dashboard start coming on the ABS light, sudden movement light. All lights in car start blinking off and on. Message popped up on computer screen that it was in power saving mode. Windshield wipers came on.steering locked.car screen went blank and car shut off. This is very dangerous. I was on a busy street and the only thing that saved me was that a policeman happened to be behind me.I took it to the dealership and it is getting checked out. They said that it is possible that my alternator went out. This could cause some one to lose their life.

- Dallas, TX, USA