1999 Chrysler 300M engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chrysler 300M:

1999 Chrysler 300M Owner Comments

Apr 222015

300M

It doesn't matter how short of a drive or how long of one, if I go somewhere, I better pan on being there at least a half hour extra. It'll start fine the first time, but if I have to stop at the store to grab something before work or on my way home, go to start and it won't. It cranks over but won't finish turning over. Have to sit and wait anywhere between 15-45 minutes of trying to start it better it FINALLY starts! THEN it will either start right up as if it never had a problem, or it'll shake and rumble for the first mile of driving.

My dad who is a mechanic has tried like crazy to figure it out for the last 7 months, has tried replacing different modules even with no lasting result. It also doesn't matter what the temperature is outside either, unlike my old car. Cannot find any solution online, dad has talked to other mechanics, nothing.

This is the first and LAST Chrysler I'll ever own!! Can't keep trying to fix a car that doesn't give any codes or warnings, especially with having a newborn and needing to get from place to place in decent time and the car decides to not start and it happens to be a blizzard outside with negative wind chill. I hate this car, I wish I never wasted my money on it, will NEVER recommend it to anyone!!

- , Binghamton, NY, USA