CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.

8.0

1. total replacement (2 reports)
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Jun 142015

PT Cruiser Limited Edition

I took my car to be looked at and when I returned to hear the news, I found out the engine cradle has rusted so bad that it is a hazard to drive. The price to fix it, which would include replacing suspensions was way over $2,000.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA

Dec 182014

PT Cruiser Limited 2.4L

I had the car looked at by the Chrysler dealer, who were very helpful but the company itself was not helpful at all. The engine cradle under the car is rusted out and it needs to be fixed. When I submitted the claim to Chrysler, they decided to tell me too bad because it doesn't fall into their guidelines. I tried to reason with them but they do not care and will not fix the problem. I need this car fixed and Chrysler needs to fix it. This is a KNOWN problem. I have seen many complaints about it. They have fix it before but claim my car is too old.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA