2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Nov 082005

PT Cruiser Touring

I was driving to work and starred hearing a sound similar to someone kicking a tin can. I was in traffic so I wasn't sure it was me, so I turned down the radio. I took my foot off the gas and the noise slowed down the I pressed the gas and the sound sped up. Then I pulled over and walked around the car to see where it was coming from. It was under the hood. I got back in the car and continued to drive. In less than one minute the battery light came on. Does anyone know what in the world this could be and how much it will cost to fix. I quit driving my car and have started geting rides from other people.

- , Riverside, CA, USA