Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 032014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driver side headlamp has gone out due to a total intergrated power module failure.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Had to replace the alternator.the charging light was coming the head lights are not working replaced bulbs still not working not getting power tipm issue.

- Evart, MI, USA

Aug 062014

The drivers side headlight is out. The bulb was replaced and it still does not work. I was told that the tipm needed to be replaced. I was told that this is not a safety issue. It is a safety issue for only having one head light. I guess when I receive a citation for only one headlight then the citation will be mailed to Dodge for reimbursement.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

Jun 032014

Caliber 4-cyl

My drivers side driving light was out so I bought a new bulb. That didn't fix the problem so I looked online and saw everyone was having the same problem and it seems to be the tipm which is around $1000 to fix. If we are all having the same problem I would think it's something that Dodge should be taking care of not the consumer!

- Hanover, PA, USA

Aug 282013

My car started making a noise and idling high last year. It started cutting itself off and eventually it wouldn't start. I replaced the alternator and battery. Now less than a year later 2014, the low lights don't work and it is starting to make the same noise and cut itself off. Now I'm being told its the total integrated power module.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

May 262014

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way to work and turned on my signal light to make a turn. When I turned my signal light on I noticed that the interior overhead light went on. I found it strange and thought my door may have been opened. A few days later on my way to work the signal lights were no longer working. This is where my serious concerns began. I have a 30 minute commute to work and switch lanes or make turns quite often en route. It gets worse. After a long day at work I ran out to my vehicle to avoid gettin soaked in the rain and when I attempted to turn on my wipers I was infuriated to find out they were no longer working either. Needless to say the vehicle is parked in my driveway. Fog lights don't work, turn signals, wipers and highbeams are no longer working.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Nov 012013

Caliber 4-cyl

Water got into tail light, froze and made right turn signal inoperable.

- Burien, WA, USA

Jan 132014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated when the lights are turned on the driver side lights fail to illuminate. The high beams are the only functional lights whenever the failure occurred. The drivers side head light also malfunctioned. This failure continued to occur for the past two months. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who indicated that a T.I.M.P. part needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,055.

- Zanesville, OH, USA

Mar 082014

Caliber 4-cyl

Head light went out, after checking the bulb and found it good. Did some research and found I need to invest $1200 to replace the tipm. Head lights are a required service on any automobile to drive on public highway. When is Dodge going to take responsibility and issue a recall and solution to fix this problem before any loss of life is incurred. By their knowing this problem exists they are open a large law suit when an injury occurs.

- Rexburg, ID, USA

Dec 202013

Caliber 4-cyl

I was driving and my passenger low-beam headlight went out, so I went and bought a new headlight, upon installing it, it still didn't work, but the high beam did. Took it to Dodge to see if they could figure it out and was told it's a known issue with Calibers and certain Jeep, the tipm went bad on it and it would be almost $1000 to repair it, for a known issue that Dodge knows about but hasn't been recalled! 2 weeks later, my highbeam even went out on the passenger side, so now the car is sitting parked, unable to drive with improper lighting & tipm problems!

- Dillonvale, OH, USA

Feb 042014

Caliber 4-cyl

The low beam headlights went out and both bulbs are known good. Its the tipm total integrated power module that's the culprit and it costs $900 to replace. I'm demanding a total recall on all Dodge Calibers.

- Norristown, PA, USA

Jun 072013

The vehicle had numerous throttle issues and air conditioning issues that numerous auto service shops were not able to fully take care of. When the vehicle was at a stop and the accelerator was pressed, lightly and normally the car would accelerate inappropriately and kind of jerk forward. In addition, when turning and the accelerator is pressed normally the car would seem to lose power and seem to glide into the turn and then jerk forward. These throttle issues were never fully explained or fixed. After a while the car dash started flashing a red electrical bolt and the car would shutter and shake and lose all power. Initially, when this occurred I was able to just turn the car off and wait and then turn it back on and it would function for a while. Also, if the car was idling at a stoplight or parked the electrical bolt would flash and the car would start to shake. After some time the vehicle's left low beam headlight went out. When replaced it still did not work. The vehicle's alternator and battery were checked and found to be functional. Within a week after this occurrence the vehicle could not be started without a "jump" and even so would lose power once parked and could not be started again. I returned the car to the auto mechanic, specifically an auto electrician, and was told it was the totally integrated power module that needs to be replaced at a cost of $700 plus labor. In response to this I researched the part and came across numerous people with the same problem and the same eventual diagnosis. The car has been essentially undrivable and unsafe. There was the constant worry that the electrical problem would happen while on the expressway and cause very unsafe conditions for myself and others on the road. It is my opinion a recall needs to be issued for this problem.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Jan 082014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that after purchasing the vehicle, the headlights malfunctioned and only the high beams would function. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer, who stated that the integrated power module was defective and needed to be replaced. The contact did not have the integrated power module replaced. The failure mileage was 139,000.

- Troy, NY, USA

Dec 312013

Caliber 4-cyl

Passenger side headlight on low beam will not come on high beam works, replaced bulb to see if this was the problem and it was not. Seems a lot of other Caliber owners are experiencing this same problem! why wont they recall the faulty integrated control module for this vehicle! this is a safety issue!!

- Marshall, TX, USA

Nov 122013

We've been told we need a fuse box at a cost of $1025. I see many other people are having this same problem. Why isn't Chrysler fixing this? we're on social security, we can't afford this.

- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA

Oct 262013

I noticed that my left (driver side) headlight was out. So I replaced the bulb, which would be the obvious reason for the light not working. However, this did not fix the issue. After further inspection and discussion with a mechanic, it turns out it's the timp that is bad and causing the driver side headlight not to work. In addition, after doing more research online it appears that this issue is more than common with the 2007 Dodge Caliber. I can't see how a recall has not already been filed for this issue given it is a huge safety hazard if one's headlights don't work at night. In addition, it causes someone to be pulled over.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Dec 052013

While driving on the highway in the dark both of my low beam lights went out leaving me with high beams only. Have found out like numerous other Caliber owners that my tipm needs replaced due to corrosion and that all the wiring needs checked for corrosion as well. Have been told this is a common occurrence with the Dodge Caliber and there is no recall. Since I do not have any warranty left on my vehicle I will be paying for this on my own if I choose to fix it. Since I drive approximately 100 miles round trip to work 5 days a week and am having health issues that require me to travel to the doctor frequently, I will have to find a way to get the money to fix this issue as it is not safe to drive on the highway with no low beam and I can't adjust my work schedule to be able to only drive in the day light. I was wondering how I was going to afford to have any christmas for my family before this due to having serious health issues and now I have to figure out how to pay for a part that should be recalled on top of that.

- Holabird, SD, USA

Nov 042013

Caliber 4-cyl

I first lost the low beam on my driver side head light. I replaced the bulb only to have the same problem. Later that day I was stopped at a red light, my car then stalled out. I put it in park and restarted it. The check engine light started to flash there was little to no power. I managed to pull my car off the road put it into park then restart it again. The check engine light stayed on but was not flashing. I got my car home. I count my blessing that my car didn't die while going at highway speeds. Or lose all the lights and cause an crash. I'm worried to drive it now but I have no choice if I want to keep working. This is a very common issue from what I have read. The totally integrated power module needs to be recalled before it kills people. It is unsafe and causes the car the become a death trap for the driver and all the people around it.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Feb 012013

Caliber 4-cyl

Driverside headlight went out have replaced bulb, mechanic look at it and noone knows the issue. It will only work on high beam.

- Trenton, TN, USA

Oct 172013

Caliber 4-cyl

My car drive side light is not working and the brakes keep having problems.

- Gainesville, FL, USA