CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jan 052008

Caliber

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The vehicle came equipped with Firestone firehawk gta-02 tires, size P215/55R18. All four of the tires are completely worn and the vehicle failed inspection. When depressing the brake pedal at any speed, the steering pulls to the right. The dealer stated that the steering torque was the cause of the failure. Based on the tires, the dealer also stated that the suspension could be the possible cause of failure, and replacing the tires would correct the issue. The vehicle current mileage was 15,593 and failure mileage was 15,398. The tire failure mileage was 12,000.

- Levitt Town, PA, USA

Apr 162007

Caliber 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle veered slightly to the left. The contact attempted to correct the steering and the vehicle overturned. The vehicle was destroyed and the cause of failure has not been determined. The current and failure mileages were 1,400.

- Mount Pleasant, IA, USA

Mar 302006

Caliber 4-cyl

Copy of complaint letter attached: October 25, 2006 daimler Chrysler motors corporation customer center po box 21-8004 auburn hills, mi 48321-8004, purchase date: March 25, 2006, dealership name: Manassas Dodge Kia Subaru to whom it may concern: After consulting with my attorney, Mr. Thomas F. hennessy of vienna, va, I was advised to make one last attempt to reconcile my problems with my 2007 Dodge Caliber before taking legal action. As of today my car has been seen by Dodge dealerships six times for the same problem (see attached repair orders). The problem I am having is a bad vibration in the steering wheel once I have reached 60 miles an hour and above. This problem persists 90% of the time when driving. I view this as a serious safety defect or at the least a significant impairment. Each time the vehicle was brought into the dealership I was told it was repaired or they could not find a problem. I have owned many cars and never had a car perform this poorly. I kept bringing this car back to the dealership because I was concerned about my safety and still feel this way. I bought this vehicle for the sleek styling and performance qualities. I am very disappointed. I am now requesting that you get very much involved in the problem because I no longer have the time or the patience to deal with this any longer. I expect to have a response from you within ten days of your receiving this letter.

- Marshall, VA, USA