2008 Dodge Caliber body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Caliber:

2008 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 172015

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While the vehicle was being serviced by an independent mechanic, it was discovered that the frame was severely rusted and the subframe needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 107,000.

- Owego, NY, USA

Jul 222015

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. The contact discovered a hole had developed in the frame under the vehicle due to corrosion. The vehicle was taken to a independent mechanic, where it diagnosed that the K member frame needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 51,000.

- Rochester , MI, USA

Jun 082015

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While inspecting the vehicle during routine maintenance, it was discovered that there was extensive rust and corrosion causing holes on the framing of the vehicle. In addition, the sub frame, the front suspension cross member and the entire underbody framing deteriorated prematurely and might fracture. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 108,000. Updated 09/14/15

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Apr 052015

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While having maintenance performed at the dealer, the technician diagnosed that the engine cradle was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Deerfield, NY, USA

Dec 312014

Caliber 4-cyl

A noise was heard that seemed to come from the front suspension while driving. Inspection later showed that the front crossmember was badly rusted and has holes in it. Both the front and rear crossmembers on this vehicle are badly rusted. The rest of the car is rust free. This seems to be a very common problem on this car. The 2007 Dodge Caliber has a service bulletin to replace these parts if they have holes in them under warranty, however I was told this does not apply to the 2008 model year. The dealer and Chrysler customer service were contacted and would not help. If this issue is not found and repaired it could result in a crash.

- Leonard, MI, USA

May 032014

Caliber 4-cyl

I've had sooo many issues with my 2008 Dodge Caliber that I've lost count. The most recent ones are really bothering me, as I have one more payment and the car is paid off. About two months ago, my etc light came on and I just knew it had to be an error because I had it totally replaced in 2011 and paid over $500. So I did some research and found that a whole lot of people has had the same issue so I emailed Dodge to let them know this and to see if there was a recall on the etc. Of course they didn't really address the issue and they told me there was nothing they can do. So I ended up paying over $500 to have it replaced again. Now, I have an issue with my driver door, the spring has popped out and now it won't close! I took it in and they said it's going to cost between $1200-$1400 to have it fixed because I need a new door! again, I did some research and find out that this has also happened to a lot of people with this same car! and both of these issues poses extreme safety risks, as with the etc, the car automatically stops accelerating. Then with the door, if the spring is just popping out at any given moment, I feel that the door could easily swing open while you are driving. I'm a single mother with two children and now I have no car since the door can't close.this is extremely frustrating and unfair! how can these cars be so defective and no one is addressing it? this is in addition to countless other issues I've had over the years. I would like for Dodge to be held accountable for the cost of my repairs. This just isn't right. And I can see if this was an isolated incident with a few people, but in researching and finding out how many people has had the same issue, both of these issues, is extremely alarming. It's probably one of the reasons they no longer make this car! I truly believe it's a lemon!!

- Naperville, IL, USA

Jan 282014

Caliber 4-cyl

Traveling on highway in winter road conditions. Driver lost control on black ice. Hit highway guardrail head on, then on the pax front side, then on driver front side. Major damage to front costing approx $6000 in damage. Air bag did not deploy even thought lights on dash were activated as deployed. With seat belt on passenger was thrown forward hitting steering wheel and knees to lower dashboard. Sever concussion as result, bruising and soreness. Vehicle was purchased in 2011 from enterprise/national car rental with 31K miles on it.

- Midway, UT, USA

Jun 202008

Caliber

The exhaust pipe protrudes too far from the rear of the vehicle making it possible for small children to receive injury when the vehicle is hot. A small child in our home received a second degree burn when walking around the vehicle to ask a question. In merely walking by, the child was able to come into contact with the vehicle's exhaust pipe causing a burn.

- Aurora, IL, USA