2008 Dodge Caliber body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Caliber:

2008 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 212016

Caliber

Driving and steering got lose.pulled into work and was turning the wheel heard crunching nose.got out at looked steering gear box was moving on frame and all kinds of rust was falling off.I have taken my car to Chrysler dealer ship and waiting on to see if the subframe being rusted out is covered in any way.this seems to be a consistent problem with this car. This car is driven about 24 miles a day and keeped in a garage and washed.this was a problem in 2007 model Dodge Calibers.

- Oswego, IL, USA

Oct 292016

Caliber

Car started making popping and creaking sounds when making a right hand turn. We have replaced everything there is as far as tie rods even to the point of motor mounts. Last night I get a call and the car had done something I had never heard of. The harmonic balance pulley had flown off and the car had to be towed home. I also have the same problem as it seems cazillion other people have posted online. This car leaks. It has leaked since day one and the dealership in conroe, tx said if you get a car with a sunroof, its gonna leak. They are full of crap. This car's headliner looks as if it has been trodden on with muddy boots. It leaked so bad that carpeting would get wet then it was leaking down into the dash which caused the lights to do weird things. I can't even get rid of it because I would feel guilty for endangering someone else's life.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

Oct 042016

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While the vehicle was at the dealer for routine maintenance, it was diagnosed that the cross member was rusted. The manufacturer was notified, but the vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 81,000.

- Mount Vernon, OH, USA

Oct 102016

Went to inspect and front cradle rotted at 76000 miles

- Mexico, NY, USA

Oct 042016

Caliber

My car started making a clunking noise from the front end. The noise happened when turning left and right, then happened just driving the car at all. Mechanic showed me that the subframe is completely rusted through prematurely. Very dangerous to drive! mileage is 114,000. I called Chrysler to see if the recall they had out for 2005-2007 Calibers on the same part would cover mine. They extended the warranty for 10 more years on those year cars.they refused to add the 2008 models even though there are plenty of complaints.this is going to cost me close to $1600 and a week in the repair shop.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Sep 172016

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While the vehicle was undergoing a state inspection, it failed because the cross member was rusted. The manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000.

- Eerie, PA, USA

Sep 192016

Caliber

Front end cradle completely rotted. Took it in for inspection and was told it was completely rotted..had noticed a noise in front. Ridiculous that a car of this year would be rortted out this soon. Have only 78,923 miles on it. Completely un safe to drive!

- Clearfield, PA, USA

Aug 112016

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While the vehicle was undergoing a routine oil change, the independent mechanic observed that the subframe was severely corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 75,000.

- Sharon, MA, USA

Aug 022016

Caliber

Took in my 2008 Caliber for an inspection and it wouldn't pass due to a corroded, rusted subframe. The rust has occurred because the ac drips onto sub frame. Called dealership and Chrysler and they are refusing to do anything about this issue. I have 65,000 on this vehicle. It is well cared for also

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Jun 202016

Caliber

Subframe rusted in two. Garage said it was unsafe to drive. Engine could have fallen out.

- Mansfield, OH, USA

Jul 062016

Caliber

I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber garage kept 49000 miles with a rusted busted frame. Didn't realize until knocking in front end. Always done repairs and recalls and this is dangerous. Called to request Chrysler to be accountable and they basically told me its my problem. Where do you go from here in liability.

- Homer Glen, IL, USA

Jul 062016

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While driving 50 mph, the vehicle independently veered left and a loud clanking sound was heard. The failure occurred constantly. The contact inspected the vehicle and diagnosed that the front subframe was severely rusted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Homer Glen, IL, USA

Jun 292016

Caliber

I have a Dodge calibur that is 8 years old & the undercarriage is rotted through. Took it to get new tires and they refused to work on the car and said it is a safety hazard to drive.

- Shepherd, MI, USA

Jun 242016

Caliber

Took vehicle to a reputable shop for required yearly state inspection. Shop found dangerously corroded front and rear sub frame assemblies. Research revealed that 2007 model year cars are being treated under an extended warranty for this identical problem, but 2008 cars are not covered. Both our dealer and the Chrysler customer assistance center have been informed, and refused to extend the coverage to our vehicle.

- Newport Center, VT, USA

Jun 212016

Caliber

My 2008 Dodge Caliber is garage kept and has 92,000 miles. It is well maintained and taken care of. I took it for an oil change and the service man told me that the subframe is rotted through and it is dangerous to drive. I was totally surprised and took it to tyson Dodge in shorewood Illinois. They informed me that this is not covered. They told me to call Chrysler. I called them and they said that even though it's unusual for that part to rust quickly, there was a recall on that part for the 2007 Caliber and not 2008. They could not help me. Tyson Dodge also said I need a right control arm. Total to fix it-$1700. Unbelievable! saw many complaints on line!

- Lockport, IL, USA

Apr 222016

Caliber

The engine cradle rusted out, will not pass nys safety inspection. I believe the 2008 Caliber should have the same bulletin as the 2007's, #10055914.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Mar 012016

Caliber

While driving car I heard a loud noise coming from beneath the car. I looked under car and saw that the drivers side connection of the sway bar had come loose from the front cross member. This was caused by the cross member being in a severe state of rust and corrosion. I brought the car to a local Dodge dealership and the service dept. Verified the rusted cross member and recommended immediate replacement.

- Lombard, IL, USA

Feb 052016

Caliber

Rotten subframe - my control arm separated from the frame and my tire/wheel went sideways causing me to screech to a stop, luckily I was coming to a stop anyway but it easily could have happened at a high speed and killed myself and others

- N. Waterford, ME, USA

Jan 102016

Caliber

My car is 8 years old under 90,000 miles and has serious amount of rust on the subframe (K frame) and damage that is making the car deemed unsafe. This part should be recalled seeing how the 07 models are in the same defect and has a recall

- Burlington, NC, USA

Apr 102014

Caliber

Front subframe rotted, has holes big enough to stick your hand in. Unsafe to drive. Chrysler recalled the 2007 model, not the 2008.

- Holly, MI, USA