2.2

2006 Dodge Charger steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Apr 152010

Charger

The vehicle described in this form has had the right tie rod ends replaced twice within a year by a certified Dodge dealership using mopar parts. 4/15/2010 the right tie rod end was replaced with tie rod end part number 52013468-ac and hex nut part number 6505623-aa with only 29,458 miles on the vehicle. 12/16/2010 the right tie rod end was replaced with tie rod end part number 52013468-ad and hex nut part number 6505623-aa with only 38,954 miles on the vehicle. The defective right tie rod ends were found during routine maintenance performed prior to a front end alignment.

- Groton, MA, USA

Sep 122010

Charger

2006 Charger rt front end I have replaced inner and outer tie rod ends and a wheel bearing over 61K miles. The front end wobbles badly at high speed. Parts (tension struts) are national back order etc etc. Any dealer and/or local service station will tell you that there front ends are very weak and not durable. The components last for just about the min warrant (3/36) period.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Aug 062010

Charger

I have a Dodge Charger rt 06. I took it to the dealership a year ago to replace a part on the front end. There was a noise coming from the front end. Now recently, I almost got into an accident because brakes almost didn't stop me in time and I wasn't speeding. Before all of this, when I speed up, the front end and steering wheel shakes or wobbles and this has me worried. If by chance I encounter bad weather, because I do live in Michigan, I hope something on the Charger doesn't fail when I need it the most. To of my friends have also experience problems with 300 C's and Chargers.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Dec 022009

Charger

1. we have been experiencing steering and driving problems such as making a right turn the steering wheel locks up or wants to go straight(this being the worst so far).over the past 2 months the cars front end has been gradually been getting worse.

- Oakley, CA, USA

Mar 212009

Charger

Dodge Charger. Rotor/brake trouble. Squeaking during 5-15mph, and violent vehicle shaking when stopping during 30+mph.

- Eustis, FL, USA

Aug 072009

Charger

I have a 2006 Dodge daytona Charger R/T. 28881 miles 3 yrs and 3 months old. Just replaced passenger side outside tie rod end and need to replace tension strut also on passenger side. Now I need to check other tie rod ends because I think there going bad also. Also passenger side shock is leaking. This should not be happening to a vehicle at 3 yrs old and 28881 miles. Car is not driven hard.

- Lorain, OH, USA

Sep 302005

Charger

I have taken my car to the dealership 5 times to have issues fixed. Each time I got the car back, it was worse. I had 13 issues originally with the car. I ended up suing, and got a very small settlement- Dodge refused to cooperate. I still have each and every problem, and do not know what else to do. My car dies while in reverse, the brakes malfunction constantly, the window panel remains broken due to their inept work, the radio cuts off, the dash lights die @ night, etc. I would truly appreciate it if someone could actually help me. I do not know what else to do. I love my car dearly, but something needs to be done. The date I put as date of incident is when this all started.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 212006

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The current mileage on the vehicle is 15,500. When driving 60 mph or higher the entire vehicle vibrates. The vehicle had been taken to the dealer for this reason; however the dealer had been unable to duplicate the problem. The contact did not want to guess the failure mileage.

- Chambersburg, PA, USA

Aug 242005

Charger 8-cyl

I am about to file a lemon law complaint because Dodge has been "unable to duplicate" the most serious problems that have plagued my vehicle, a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, since day four of my ownership. I have owned this car for 68 days and of those, I have only been able to drive the functioning car for 19 days. They have fixed a number of minor issues and notified me that they would be unable to fix or do not know how to fix at this time, some minor issues including the air conditioning compressor problems (which they say they have also been "unable to duplicate". the serious issues that are occurring when it idles, when it accelerates and with what seems to be the suspension and possibly both the engine and transmission. Of those 68 days, they have come to pick up my car on three different occasions to try and fix it, the last time (which continues currently) they have had my car for four weeks. I happen to know (upon researching after the prolonged period they have had the car) that tsb's or technical service bulletins have been issued for every problem that is occurring with my car. Additionally, I have taken my car to two different mechanics (one Dodge dealership and one independent mechanic) that have witnessed these malfunctions. I would like to know what my options are legally for getting some kind of resolution.

- Groesbeck, TX, USA