2007 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Charger:

2007 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jul 022016

Charger

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Charger. While the vehicle was parked, smoke emitted from the front passenger side wheel. The vehicle later caught fire. A fire report was filed and the fire department extinguished the fire. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 240,000. Updated 08/31/16

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 302015

Charger

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. While driving at various speeds, the ABS warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ABS electronic control module may have failed and would need to be reprogrammed. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V493000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 202015

Charger

The rear brakes are going through routers and brake pads extensively. The reason why this is happening is still unknown. Wanted to make you aware of this issue, and make sure this problem has nothing to do with the ABS recall.

- Lewisburg, TN, USA

Oct 022015

Charger

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 45 mph, the ABS warning light illuminated intermittently. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V493000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 152015

Charger

Ive had issues that I am reporting to thus site. Dealership said my VIN didn't match. My esp, ABS, and bas lights have been on for 2 years. I went to dealership to inquire on ECU flash with new software by recall, but the dealership said only police package vehicles were included in that recall. Ive researched countless hours to find very many people who have this same problem. Now I am needing to bring my car in for the airbag recall. From what it states on this website, my recall was ordered back in may, 2015. From the information that I read, there was supposed to be a 60 day time span within which the dealership was supposed to fix my airbag issue, and the fact that my vehicle VIN number falls under this recall order, I believe that I was previously misled by Chrysler Dodge Jeep about the issues pertaining to my ABS, bas, and esp issues which regard a wheel speed sensor, from my understanding, that causes me to lose traction, trouble braking in moist to wet weather, and my cruise control option has not worked since the ABS, bas, and esp lights first came on 2 years ago, when my wheels lost traction while pulling into a gravel driveway at about 5 miles an hour.I drove off road accidentally twice in the passed year: The first time was caused by a lack of ABS and a braking assistance system which caused only minor damage to front bumper. The second time was due to loss of tire traction while pulling away from a stop sign while it was raining, causing me to spin out into a 180 degrees turn to which my tires caught traction and I acceled through a white picket fence on the corner of the street while my foot firmly jammed on the brake pedal to try and prevent personal or external damage. Still damaging passenger fender and front grille. I'm close to request of a depreciated financial reimbursement on vehiclal. My safety, security, and trust has become compromised.

- Addis, LA, USA

Jan 072015

Charger 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while starting the vehicle, the ABS warning light illuminated and the vehicle was unable to be driven. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ABS module control needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 06V493000 (service brakes, hydraulic), but the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 50,000. Updated 03/04/15 updated 10/8/15

- Clinton, NC, USA

May 262014

Charger 6-cyl

The first incident happened after I was driving on the freeway for about 30 miles I parked the car with the car on so I can have the air on. I had to move my car and the car wouldn't move. The shifter would move but it didn't seem to change into gear. I had it towed to a transmission shop thinking it was a transmission problem. The shop looked it over and found nothing wrong with the transmission they said it was the brakes that were locked up so they unplugged the ABS and that seemed to fix the problem.the second incident happened when I was driving home from work and came to a stop at an intersection when I pulled away from the light the car hadn't switched gears and wouldn't accelerate. When I parked the car there was a heavy smell of the brakes burning.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Oct 242013

Charger

While traveling at 40+ mph I attempted to accelerate by pressing the accelerator pedal all the way, the Dodge Charger rt(5.7L V8) did not react and kept accelerating at the normal rate before I pressed the accelerator. Since it was not reacting to my input, I took my foot completely off the accelerator but the vehicle kept accelerating at a constant rate. Then after two seconds, the vehicle accelerated at full throttle, in automatic, downshifted, and continued to speed up at full throttle. Brakes were pressed but seemed to have zero effect on the vehicle's uncontrolled acceleration. Finally I decided to shift into neutral and the engine resumed normal operation. I then shifted into drive again from neutral, and operation of the vehicle resumed to normal. First time this has happened and is extremely unsafe, luckily, no car was in front of me and I had time to control the car before I came to the upcoming red light/intersection.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jul 092013

Charger 8-cyl

Was driving down road and car started to slow down and became extremely difficult to operate. Car slowed pretty much to a stop and I had to use all my strength to get it to turn so I could pull over to a safe place. The car completely shut off and locked up on me. I put the car in park and took the key out, put the key back in to restart the car and it started right back up. I have been researching since this has happened and there are tons of complaints about this exact thing. I have two small children and now I am afraid to drive my car and it is my only vehicle. I just purchased this Charger about 3 months ago. This is the first time it's happened. This problem needs to be addressed and it needs to be fixed before people start to die from horrific crashes from no fault of their own! I'm so disappointed about this and would have never bought this car if I would have known I was putting mine, my kids or others life at danger! absolutely ridiculous!

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Mar 232013

Charger 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the brake pedal was engaged and the vehicle pulled to the left. A noise could be heard from when the brakes were applied. The vehicle failed to decelerate until after several attempts. The vehicle was taken to both an independent mechanic and authorized dealer. The dealer replaced the ABS module. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 06V4930000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 48,248. Updated 6/14/13 updated 07/11/2013

- Coosada, AL, USA

Aug 132012

Charger 6-cyl

I was leaving work, and entering I-285 off exit ramp, I saw a vehicle that was stopped ahead of me approx. A quarter of a mile up ahead of me, so I began to apply brakes to prepare to stop ahead...and I realized that my brake pedal would not move or give in to even apply pressure to brake. I was going approx. 45 to 50mph...and I crashed and rear ended a car full force without any brakes at all. Both airbags deployed...it was awful and the scariest thing that I have ever experienced. It resulted in a 4 car accident. I suffered a broken ankle in two places, torn foot ligaments, and burns from airbags. I am angry, because I found out about several recalls that are out with my cat that I was unaware of. I have had my car serviced with Dodge on three different occassions prior to this happening within the past 6/7 months. Something will be done about this...I could have died!!!!!

- Hampton, GA, USA