2007 Dodge Charger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Charger:

2007 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Apr 202016

I've had many issues wrong with my car. The first complaint I would like to express is how the car shuts off on me without warning. While driving on the freeway and on busy streets, my car will shut off, but it will start right back up. This is a dangerous hazard and safety concern. I've taken my car to the gresham Dodge (on ne burnside) dealership to address this issue (503-666-2277). I was told "if it happens again, bring it back" there was no concern with Dodge that they were sending a dangerous vehicle back out on the road, that could potentially cause an accident. This was an issue that needed to be addressed now, not later. Dodge never solved that issue. Furthermore, my car was stuck in the park position on the eve of 4-18-16. I tried to get it into gear, without any success. I had to call for a tow truck. While waiting for a tow, I decided to google Dodge Chargers stuck in park. On youtube, there were so many others with the same issue. They had video of how to get the car out of park. You had to pry the covering off of the shifting unit. Stick a pen inside to move a wire around, in order to get the car into gear. It worries me that Dodge is aware of transmission issues and other issues with their vehicles, yet nothing is being done to fix it. I could of seriously been hurt or seriously hurt someone else while being on the freeway and my car just shutting off. They should be concerned enough to want to look into this issue and fix it. As I stated before, there are numerous videos on youtube with other people experiencing the very same issues. I did file a complaint on the BBB website, along with everyone else. My main objective for this site is to bring out how dangerous it is to operate my car under these conditions, that Dodge did not seem to care about. Sounds as if there are transmission and or engine issues with the car that needs immediate attention.

- Gresham, OR, USA

Aug 202011

Charger 6-cyl

Had vehicle six years and had to replace the front ( left and right) tension struts four times. Major flaw in vehicle where tension struts fail after a few months and need to be replaced. Loud clunking noise is heard every time vehicle encounters a bump or imperfection in the road. Sounds like vehicle is falling apart. Believe Chrysler's engineers should redesign part and have it replaced on vehicles experiencing this problem.

- Strongsville, OH, USA

Nov 012011

Charger 6-cyl

Premature busing and control arms failure, leading to loss of steering control and premature tire wear, harsh noise and poor absorption of road hazards ( uneven roads, or pots holes lead to abrupt steering movement).

- Parsippany, NJ, USA