2.8

2011 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Charger:

2011 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 022014

Charger 6-cyl

Battery saver mode code message came on. Radio shut off. ABS light flashed. Steering became rigid. Took to shop, alternator and battery needed replaced.

- Elizabethtown, PA, USA

Aug 202014

Charger

While driving the battery saver mode came on, after that the ABS warning light came on. Then power to the radio was cut out and the ac fan speed started jumping sporadically until shutting down as well. Then the speedometer fell to 0 even though I was traveling at a constant rate. Once stopped in a parking lot the car went completely dead and I was unable to restart the vehicle and had to have it towed. There was a burning smell coming from under the hood and also a whining noise could be heard from inside the cabin prior to the failure. The alternator did have to be replaced.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Aug 072014

Charger 6-cyl

I was driving on the H-3 honolulu-bound and on my way, the battery indicator light illuminated in the dash display panel, then the ABS and traction lights lit up. Immediately after that, the car lost acceleration and there was no power steering. I knew I had to pull over to avoid an accident and when I attempted to do so, I had a difficult time maneuvering the car. To top it off, the anti-brake system was not working. My wife and I were not physically injured, but there could have been a fatality with cars traveling at 60 mph. I had the vehicle towed to the dealer's service area as after "google"-ing, it seemed like this is a known problem and the comments shared that the dealer is the only one who carries the necessary part. Total paid: $957.26 not a happy Dodge owner.

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Jul 252014

Charger 6-cyl

I have a 2011 Dodge Charger V6 SE. Well the first thing that happened was that the car went dead on my wife and 2 small children. I took it to a dealership as requested by Dodge representative. They told me I had a bad alternator however I could not pay for the alternator so I requested to just pick up my vehicle. Before leaving I got the mechanic to test my battery. Turns out I had a bad battery. Problem solved but he still told me I had a bad alternator.. this was 5 months ago. Well about a month ago my tire pressure sensor light came on, then my ABS and traction control lights came on and I cannot use cruise control. Was told I was eligible for a recall but I would have to pay for diagnosis and possibly repair if the problem was deemed not under recall. I am currently unemployed and cannot afford for the dealership to give me the run around again. Well yesterday my wife was driving our 2 small children around and everything started cutting off while she was going down the road. She pulled off the highway thankfully just as the car cut off. I jumped the car off and used a voltmeter to check the battery as the car was running. The battery voltage was steadily declining as the car ran indicating the alternator has gone bad. After talking to Dodge representative again they said I may be eligible for a reduced bill from the dealership but I would have to take it to them for them to diagnose. This car has been nothing but trouble since I got it and it has left me and my family stranded numerous times. Very unhappy with Dodge and the dealership. I see where you are investigating the alternator failures and I would really appreciate any help you can incur.

- Sumrall, MS, USA

Jul 202014

Charger 6-cyl

While driving on Sunday evening around 8:30 pm about 2 miles from my home going to get some cold medicines my car all of a sudden the radio stop working and it started stalling and my ABS brakes light and traction control lights came on and was about to cut off and everything just stop working was able to get it off the road. Remember smelling something that was burning no smoke or fire have done research on the internet and there are several complaints about people having the same problem with the same amount of mileage as my car or lesser. Did call Dodge and they had no complaints they claim of this problem but it could have happen due to a recent recall they call a M10. No other assistance from the maker of this car but it needs to be investigated period.if it is the alternator and battery it is costing over $1000 to get the repairs done and this is bad when the warranty just went out on it. Not including car note and car insurance.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jun 132011

Charger 6-cyl

Within one month of purchasing my vehicle the passenger air bag light stays on and after bringing the vehicle into the dealer 3 times it has still not been repaired. Then my emergency brake light and my ABS light randomly started coming on. I brought it into the dealer again and they said they had to order a part. They "think it is electrical" and would call me when the part came in. Two months later...no phone call from the dealer. My car would not start two times since the last visit to the dealership. I walked into the dealer to show them that this large light with an electrical sign and battery flashed on and my vehicle would not start just 15 minutes ago. The service manager went out to my vehicle and said my ABS is not working. I brought my vehicle in to the dealer this morning. Among the above issues there is now a headlight safety issue. It is not safe to drive me and my family. I want it fixed or replaced. I bought the vehicle with 50 miles on it and it has had nothing but major safety issues. I do not want to wait until someone dies with this vehicle on the road. Something needs to be done now!!!!

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA

Sep 272013

Charger 6-cyl

On my daily routine home, out of the blue, my ESC light comes on. Immediately im concerned and notice some loss of power. No less than a minute later my ABS light comes on as well! so I pull over and shut off the car and then cut it back on, no luck. The car starts but the engine won't cut on and both lights are still on. So I cut it off again and wait a few then attempt to cut it on again and it gets worse! the car reads "no key detected" and then completely shuts off. So I immediately assume the battery is dead and call my brother for a jump. He comes and jumps me and no success. The driver info still reads "no key detected". so now im left wondering what's gone wrong. I had it towed to the dealership for service and notice that this vehicle has already been serviced for an ESC/ABS light recall back in may of 2012. So this leads me to believe that this is a serious electrical issue. Like some other owners I too also have a burnt out passenger side headlights wiring and definitely expressed my concerns if that could be causing an uneven power distribution. Its so disappointing. This is the second time in 3 months my car has been brought in for major service. Frankly I no longer feel confident behind the wheel of my vehicle. Winter is fast approaching and don't want to get stuck on the side of the road with no power and no heat. Minor issues are one thing but major issues on a late model car is alarming. Im certainly not happy and really am at the tipping point of surrendering this vehicle. At this point what else am I to do?!

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA

Oct 112012

Charger 8-cyl

This is the third time that all the idiot lights on the dashboard come on and then we proceed to lose the power steering and brakes. Chrysler's lemon law division states that they will fix it and that my issue is not a lemon law case. I simply have requested them to take the car back and have their engineering department take it apart to find out what is going on with I and to give me a new vehicle. Each of the three times this has occurred, we have been extremely fortunate to be in a parking lot only traveling a couple miles per hour. This issue was suppose to have been resolved already and has not apparently. I no longer trust my safety and life nor the safety and well being of others on the road if I were to drive this car again. The only remedies that are acceptable to me are to remove all the electrical wiring and computers and replace them with new or to exchange the vehicle. I fear for my safety with this car. Please note that I also have a 2011 Chrysler 300C that has been fine with no major issues.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

May 202011

Charger

First issue(s) occured in may of 2011 and have continued to date. Over 25 visits to 2 dealerships for fixes, and no one can get a fix on it. First, it was the passive entry door handles, which have occurred 5 times and 5 fixes since last year. Second issue was the power shutdown for the car, 3 dead batteries, and several issues concerning the uconnect system shutting down during driving. There has been a relentless amount of suspension and braking issues occurring. The issues include having to replace warped rotors, uneven balding tires(twice now), ABS failing and traction control failing, uneven door seams, flaking and chipping paint(especially between body panels), and now brakes again grinding sideways in the calipers. There has been so many issues, that I had to contact a lawyer, which is now presently on it's 97th day of submittal to get this vehicle rectified. I've also had the vehicle in the Chrysler star customer satisifaction program since Jan. Of 2012 at 8,012 miles and they were not able to warranty the rotor issue, which has forced us to have the rotors changed it at another service, not being a Dodge dealer. The car is currently being looked at for bad sway bar link bushings and several other bushings showing dry rot prematurely. I've also experienced the trunk poping open in mid driving, which has been the only thing besides the 5th door handle replacement that has worked since purchasing it. Recently, the cars transmission would not shift out of 2nd gear and was forced to pull over and restart it on a major highway.

- Trafford, PA, USA