2011 Dodge Charger lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Charger:

2011 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Dec 212014

Charger 8-cyl

The hid light on the passenger side has gone out again, I have replaced the bulb 3 times, this is the 4th time it has gone out, last replacement date is 06/19/2014..

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Sep 272013

Charger

Hi we need your help to warn and let the public know what Dodge is doing to there customers. About 3 months ago my 4 month pregnant girl was driving our 2011 dodger to work, she was on the high way on the center lane when the car with a warning just completely shut down. She had no control of the car, luckily the traffic was not bad that she mange to walk a cross the highway and call her father. He went to get her and pushed the car to the breakdown lane. We had the car towed to a mechanic and he said our alternator was completely burned and he said he never seen one that bad. We contacted Dodge and they told us they was not aware of any problems, but on the Dodge forum online hundreds of Dodge Charger owners was having the same problem. We been contacting Dodge for 3 months now while spending money on rental and they finally told us its been recalled, but they don't have a preminent fix for it all they can do is a temporary fix and it can burn out again.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Jun 302014

Charger 6-cyl

While im driving home around approx. 10:30 pm. I was going uphill on a bridge in a curve when my headlights went completely out on my vehicle causing me to crash to the opposite side of the bridge in the on-coming traffic lane. There also were a couple vehicles approaching a couple hundred yards away in front of me. So I had to stop my vehicle in the middle of the road. I had to leave my vehicle on the side of the road for the remainder of the night because my headlights didn't come back on at all. I really feared for my life that night.

- Jackson, LA, USA

Oct 152014

Charger 8-cyl

Mil light came on starting flashes lost power while I'm driving took it the dealership they can't find what's wrong... light will go away and come back repeat the same exact thing...both fog lights are completely out change the bulbs still out have to be wiring over heating.

- Barnwell, SC, USA

Jun 232014

Charger 6-cyl

A safety recall (P08) was issued starting 5/9/14. Took car to dealership for wiring harness insepction on 6/25/14 because right side headlight had just gone out. Dealership inspected, but did not have the parts in stock to replace bad harness. Was put on a waiting list for parts as dealership states they only get one set of parts per week from Chrysler for this recall. As of today, 9/2/14, I am still on the waiting list. In the meantime, I have been pulled over and ticketed for a non-working headlight. My concern is driving at night and worrying what would happen if the other headlight goes out. This is a safety recall and I can't get my car fixed because Chrysler isn't sending enough parts to dealerships. Is it going to take a crash with injuries or fatalities in order for parts to become available? I will refuse to pay another ticket and I don't have the option to not drive this vehicle at night. Contacted chrylser recall center on 9/2/14. They are trying to expedite parts to my local dealership, but there is no time frame when the parts will be received. In the meantime I will drive around with one headlight and hope the other does not fail.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Aug 012014

Charger 6-cyl

I am not really sensing an issue with the vehicle. However, two lights turned on one is ABS and the other one is a car with squiggly lines behind it. I am not sure if this is something to do with the recalls. But, would like to know before I take to the dealership and have to pay to have this fixed when I haven't had the vehicle for too long. Also, I am not sure if it's safe to drive it like that. I also hear like a cracking noise under the dashboard it comes and goes not sure what that could be either.

- Humble, TX, USA

Aug 172014

Charger 6-cyl

At the red light the car shut off, did not have any power, and would not start. After jump starting the car it drove for about 30 minutes more, then all of a sudden the car started malfunctioning. The radio turned off, indicator lights started blinking, steering wheel begin to lock up, and the car began jerking uncontrollably. I then called a tow truck to jumpstart the car and proceeded to go home, the car never stopped jerking and was in power saver mode. I purchased a new battery the next day. Soon after the car begin to do all the same things, jerking, indicator lights, etc. My car has absolutely no power after completely charging the battery. It cannot get towed because I am unable to place the car in neutral due to no power. This has to be a manufacturers problem with the electrical system.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Aug 052014

Charger

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver's side headlight failed. The contact received NHTSA campaign id number 14V101000 (exterior lighting). The vehicle was taken to a dealer but the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- Horizon City, TX, USA

May 072014

Charger

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the headlights failed without warning. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V101000 (exterior lighting) however, the dealer stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle under the recall. The dealer was uncertain of when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Wayne, OK, USA

Jun 272014

Charger 6-cyl

First, the passenger side headlight wiring melts. I take my vehicle to the dealership only to find out their is recall on the headlights and it going to take 14 weeks for me to get my vehicle repaired. Second, the battery saver mode message appears. I take it to the shop and they check the battery and it was dead, so I bought a new battery only to have my vehicle to stop on me again. This time I'm told it's the alternator but none are in stock anywhere! I also find out this is an issue with many 2011 Dodge Chargers. What does Chrysler do about it - nothing, sad.

- Greenville, MS, USA

Jun 242014

Charger

TL * the contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V101000 (exterior lighting). The contact stated that the dealer was contacted who did not have an idea of when the parts would become available for the repairs. The repair was not taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. The contact was experiencing a failure. The manufacturer has not been contacted.

- Camp Pendleton, CA, USA

Dec 012012

Charger 6-cyl

2011 Dodge Charger. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle electrical issues and consumer states unsatisfactory customer service at dealership. The consumer stated 10 hours after picking the vehicle up from the dealer, he noticed the same headlight was out. The consumer stated he experienced a problem, with the headlight before. The headlight issue, was a recalled component.

- Columbus, OH, USA

May 232014

Charger

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated while driving approximately 45 mph with the headlights actived, there was a sudden loss in the illumination of the low beam headlights. The contact engaged the high beams and continued to drive. There was a recall related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 14V101000 (exterior lighting, visibility) however, the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 64,712.

- Litchfield, AZ, USA

May 122014

Charger

The contact owns 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver's side headlight failed to work. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the wiring harness connector needed to be replaced in order to repair the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received a recall notice related to NHTSA campaign id number 14V101000(headlights). The contact stated that the vehicle was not repaired in a reasonable amount of time. The dealer indicated that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was not notified of the parts delay or the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Apr 012014

Charger

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that she attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V101000 (lighting) but was informed that her vehicle could not be repaired until mid June 2014. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in March of 2014, there should have been a remedy available before may of 2014. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable time for the repair. The contact had experienced both headlights failing intermittently while driving various speeds. The approximate failure mileage was 68,000.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Mar 102014

Charger 6-cyl

My driver's side headlight would go out. It would come back on in a couple of days & then go out again. Finally it wouldn't come back on. Dodge dealer said it was just the lamp. Had it replaced & a month later it went out again. I found a recall on NHTSA's website about this issue & my car was built in that date range, but Chrysler currently refuses to acknowledge the recall. I was told to keep my repair receipts in case they start to acknowledge it. My wife has the same car & had the same problem a couple of years ago.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Apr 242014

Charger 6-cyl

My headlight on the driver side goes out for a few days and then comes back on. This last happen on 4/23 but it has happen 3 times since November of 2013. I called the dealership since there is a recall on this issue NHTSA campaign number: 14V-101, but Dodge refuses to fix the issue. When the light goes out I am forced to drive on my high beams or have loss of visibility. They have not been helpful they will not even let me speak to a manager.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 032014

Charger 6-cyl

The headlight goes off and on, the head light harness is melting and Dodge will not put this VIN under recall. Other Dodge Chargers have a recall but not this one. And we are a little afraid our niece's 2009 Dodge Charger caught on fire and was totaled out.

- Manvel, TX, USA

Apr 172014

Charger

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the headlights failed. In addition, the ABS and ESC warning lights illuminated. There was a recall related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 12V042000 (electrical system, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic) but the VIN was not included. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Winberley, TX, USA

Sep 032012

Charger

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the low beam headlights sporadically failed. The contact had the bulb replaced more than twice but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer more than once and the failure was not able to be replicated. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 14V101000 (loss of low beam headlights) but had experienced the failure on multiple occasions. The vehicle was to be diagnosed and repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38000.

- Missouri City, TX, USA