3.3

2012 Dodge Charger lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Charger:

2012 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 312014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver's side low beam heads failed without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the light bulb overheated and the wiring harness had melted. As a result, both the headlight and the wiring harness needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 14V101000 (lighting). The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 40,300 and the current mileage was 40,450.

- Farmindale , NY, USA

Mar 102014

Charger 6-cyl

My 2012 Dodge Charger is having the same problem as the recall but come to find out my VIN # is not on the recall list.I went to the part store to purchase a light bulb when the guy told me to take my car to the dealer because the wire harness had melted the dealer pull up my vehicle VIN# and stated my car is not under a recall and that I had to pay to get my car fix. Why is my car having the same problem as the recall but not on a recall list I really would like an answer to my complaints. Thank you.

- Newberry, SC, USA

Feb 052014

Charger 6-cyl

While driving the vehicle, the low beam headlights will go brighter, then dimmer. Then the headlights went out all together. The high beam lights still worked. While changing the bulbs, it was noticed that the wiring to the low beam lights was melted causing a short.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Dec 202013

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the head lights failed to activate. The contact mentioned that after inspecting the vehicle, he noticed that the wiring harness connector was melted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician verified the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V042000 (electrical system, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 45,000 and the current mileage was 47,000.

- Universal City, TX, USA

Dec 202013

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver's side low beam headlight failed intermittently because the connection was melted. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign number: 12V042000 (electrical system, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic) that could have been related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Clovis, NM, USA

Dec 012013

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the headlights intermittently failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the wiring harness had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and about the failure. The failure mileage was 60,026.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Nov 202013

Charger

Passenger side headlight went out. I was able to tap on it for a few days to make it come back on thinking it was just a loose wire, but one night it completely went out. I brought it to pepboys and upon a closer observation they found that the socket was melted and had caused the headlight to burn out as well.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Nov 112013

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver and passenger's side headlights failed. The contact replaced the bulbs and noticed a melted connector. The failure recurred and the contact called the dealer however, no further repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacturer was contacted but only referred the contact back to the dealer. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 12V042000 (electrical system, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic) but did not confirm if the vehicle was included in the recall. The failure mileage was 61,850. The VIN was not available.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 252013

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver's side headlight failed. The contact replaced the bulb but continued to experience the failure. The contact inspected the vehicle and noticed that the low beam headlight wiring connector was melted. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 12V042000 (electrical system, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic) however, the recall only included those models that were being used as police vehicles. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- Sewell, NJ, USA

Oct 152013

Charger 6-cyl

The drivers side low beam headlight went out while driving. Thinking it was the bulb, I took the car apart to replace it and the connector was melted. I found that there was a recall regarding the wiring and power distribution and called the dealer and scheduled an appt for repair. A few days later, the other headlight went out, at night, while driving home from work. This is a very dangerous safety issue for me as well as other drivers. The dealer replaced the recalled parts but the low beam harness bulb connector is not included in the recall. I currently only have one working headlight again and I have no choice but to pay for repairs myself at this point because I can't risk both lights going out again. Something needs to be done.

- Carterville, IL, USA

Jul 042013

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the headlights intermittently failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated all of the headlight components needed to be replaced. The contact was also informed that failure to correct the problem may result in a thermal event. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 31,000. Updated 01/07/14

- Long Beach, MS, USA

Nov 022013

Charger 6-cyl

Head light harness melting, low beams not working, ABS/ESC lights on constantly and vehicle not stopping properly because of ABS/ESC issues, spoke with Dodge and were advised that our VIN# was not on the list to be repaired for known recalls resulting in these issues - see this link for related recalls www.motortrend.com/cars/2012/Dodge/Charger/recalls/.

- Dade City , FL, USA

Oct 302013

Charger

Vehicle driver side head light went out 2 weeks ago. Smelled like burnt plastic. Replaced the bulb with oem spec bulb. Same bulb went out, noticed part of the connector is melted. Have had the car for only a year. Called Chrysler, they stated that my VIN was not part of the recall. Chrysler stated it was my responsibility to fix. 10,000 police edition Chargers were recalled for the same problem. Halloween night almost hit 2 pedestrians turning left, because I couldn't see them.

- Tualatin, OR, USA

Oct 072013

Charger 6-cyl

In a matter of two and a half weeks, I've had a major issue with my vehicle. The wire harness connector for my headlights in my 2012 Dodge Charger were burnt out, causing my headlights to go out. This has happened twice. There has been a previous recall on 2011-2012 Dodge Chargers for this issue but upon contacting Chrysler, they said they were unable to help me due to my VIN number not being directly effected even though it is the same issue. As a first responder it is vital that I can see the road ahead of me, and people can see me alike. How many more times is this going to have to happen before some action is going to take place? I've talked to several other people who have 2012 Dodge Chargers and they've had the same issue. This clearly isn't just with my car, it is with the make, model and year.

- Lansing, IL, USA

Jul 042013

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that driver's side headlight was replaced three times and there was a recall (NHTSA campaign id number: 12V042000-electrical system), but the dealer informed her that the VIN was not included. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the mechanic stated that the wire connector was burned and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 44,000. The current mileage was 47,500...updated 12-05-13

- Farmerville, LA, USA

Jun 262013

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the low beam headlights failed. The contact spoke with the manufacturer regarding NHTSA campaign id number:12V042000(exterior lighting), but was told that recall was for police vehicles only. The failure mileage was 40,000 and the current mileage was 42,000.

- Whitakers, NC, USA

Jul 142013

Charger 6-cyl

2012 Dodge Charger low beam headlight on the driver side continues to go out. I have a melted/fried harness and exposed wiring. Has been going out for several months. I have to replace bulbs continuously both oem and after market bulbs. There are other owners experiencing the same issue, especially on the driver side. There is a recall for the police version, but none for the SE models, however, the issues seem to be the same. I have filed a complaint with Chrysler. Visiting the dealer tomorrow to attempt remedy.

- Lithonia, GA, USA