3.3

2012 Dodge Charger lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Charger:

2012 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 112016

Charger

I own a 2012 Dodge Charger R/T. my passenger side headlight was turning itself off and once I turn the switch to the headlights off inside the vehicle and back on, the headlight comes on for a while. Now the headlight do not come on at all. This was last week, now at this time the driver side headlight is doing the same thing. I did contact the manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. I am driving along at 35 miles a hour when I get pulled over by the police and states my headlights are not on.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Apr 012016

Charger

The led lights around the truck lid of the car. Are burning out on there own. No phsical damage to truck lid or cracks in plastic casing. How do you replace these lamps.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Feb 292016

Charger

Takata recall on Saturday February 27 my car radio began to turn off and on the display screen it said battery saver mode. I assumed my battery needed to charge but later that night it started and within minutes it did it again but the auto shops were closed. I was unable to take it the next day and today Monday February 29 as I drove to work my radio turned off again. After work I decided to drive to the auto zone to get the battery checked. As I drove my screen began turning off and on, my A/C kept turning up and down but blowing hot air, as if the heater was on, and the display screen where it shows speed turned white and started blinking on and off, all the indexes on the dash went crazy and maybe two minutes later my car shut off while driving and I struggled to turn as the steering locked. I was lucky to be near the auto zone already and away from traffic. My son was with me it was a horrible experience. They were able to check it and it was the alternator. My headlight on the passenger side is out as well. I have heard of recalls with all these parts but apparently mine is not on the list. Same problems. This really needs to be addressed.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Nov 232015

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the vehicle headlights, rear driver side door dome light actuator, and stereo failed to operate when the vehicle was started. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that there was an electrical short in the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000.

- Gwynn Oak, MD, USA

Jun 152015

Charger

Low beam headlights turn off without warning while driving on city roads or highway. Usual one or the other, but sometimes both at the same time causing an extremely dangerous situation. This issue started in June of 2015 and happens now every time this vehicle is driven. This has been a problem for Dodge Chargers. There seems to be an earlier safety recall to fix this safety issue.

- Fitchburg, MA, USA

Oct 012014

Charger

Drivers side headlight continues to go out even after changing the bulb 4 times. Looks like a harness melting problem that has been recalled for the same model year except only in police vehicles. It is clearly a problem for other types than just police cars.

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 282015

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While driving at approximately 60 mph, the driver side headlight dimmed and both headlights failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 51,426.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 202015

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While driving approximately 75 mph, the front headlights failed without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000.

- Macon, GA, USA

May 132015

Charger

Connector at passenger low beam headlamp overheated and melted. Replaced connector. Vehicle had been previously inspected under recall 12V-042 and they did not find a problem.

- Mcminnville, OR, USA

May 282015

Charger

Recall 12V-042 was completed and they did not find a problem. Shortly after the recall was completed we have had continued failure of the passenger low beam headlight and found the connector has been overheated.

- Mcminnville, OR, USA

Mar 132015

Charger 8-cyl

The A/C and defroster became inoperable. A check of the fuse box panel underneath the hood of the vehicle revealed that the fuse that directly controls or is associated with the performance/operation of the A/C and defroster was melted resulting in a hole being burnt through the bottom of the box. The fuse was the original fuse for the vehicle. It appears that the entire fuse box needs replacing as a result of the damage caused by the burned fuse. Additionally, the head lights of the vehicle look as if they are shattered internally. It appears that the bulbs, which are also original/factory get too hot and cause the plastic fixtures to appear cracked or shattered.

- Pine Bluff, AR, USA

Jan 112015

Charger 6-cyl

P60 - recall / NHTSA 14V-634 (alternator) on Sunday 01/11/14 at 7:00pm at night my 2012 Dodge Charger with only 39,000 plus miles, (basically brand new) completely shut down in san andreas California on a back country road in the middle of the road at night, with my fiance driving and our two minor children in the back seat. All electrical systems shut down completely and the car actually put itself into park in the middle of the road at a stop sign and busy intersection. No hazard lights were available or working and this became an extremely dangerous situation.. chp was dispatched right away. (evidently by a passing driver who called 911 emergency). Chp arrived at the site, parked their patrol car behind our car and used its hazard lights to warn oncoming drivers of this hazard. Chp immediately called aaa, (for an emergency hazard situation), to remove our car off the road and out of traffic. Chp stated our car, being in the middle of the road with no hazard light capability, was an immediate life threatening danger to my fiance and our two children and all other passing motorists. Aaa arrived right away and towed our car approx. 40 feet off to the side of the road and immediately charged us a $200 hazard vehicle towing fee. Aaa dispatched another tow truck as this tow truck driver was off duty and he only responded due to the emergency of the situation, (the call by the chp for a hazard vehicle).we had no alternative but to have the car towed to our residence in columbia California. The next morning, Monday, 1/12/14, century service extended warranty administration requested the car towed to a full Dodge dealership. I had the car towed from columbia California to modesto California Dodge Chrysler for $110. (the closest full Dodge Chrysler dealership). The dealer diagnosed the car. The alternator had gone out and shut down all electrical on the car.

- Columbia, CA, USA

Dec 152014

Charger 6-cyl

My vehicle stalled luckily as I was getting on to the 91 eastbound euclid St on ramp. My vehicle could have stalled in the carpool lane. Also I had just dropped off my 7 month old daughter at my mother's house.

- Pico Rivera , CA, USA

May 012014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V101000 (exterior lighting); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Dec 012014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V101000 (exterior lighting); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

May 132014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V101000 (exterior lighting). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 202014

Charger

A module went bad in my 2012 Dodge Charger. The wiper blades were stuck on high, full speed, even with the control set in the off position. The night time lights would stay on, even with the dial set to auto, in the middle of the day. I was told by my dealership, that the part was on "national back order and that there was no eta on when the part would be in." My dealership has left me stranded, with no loaner vehicle and no solutions.

- Lewiston, NY, USA

Jun 242014

Charger 6-cyl

One of my low beam headlights has been out for two weeks. I set up a service appointment with local dealer over a month ago when I initially received the recall notice. I called back and asked them to expedite my appointment, but was told they are only allowed to order 1 repair kit per week so it will still be a while before they are able to get to my car. I called Chrysler and was told they can't expedite orders for parts involved in recalls. This makes no sense, if there are safety issues those parts should be sent out as soon as possible.

- Collingdale, PA, USA

Jun 022014

Charger 6-cyl

My headlights burned out over a month ago. I asked the dealer to repair but they said I would have to pay out of pocket. I repaired them at my expense then received a recall notice for the wiring harness two days later. I again contacted the dealer and asked them to repair the wiring harness since it was covered under the recall. I was told that Chrysler has not made the parts and no dealership has them. My name was put on a calling list so that I could get the next available part. In the mean time, I am a single mom and I have no choice but to either get a rental car or drive at the risk of my own safety rather than miss work. I again called the dealership because it has been a month and I still have not received a call that the part was ready. I was told that the part was still not ready and there was nothing they could do. I was referred to Chrysler's "customer service" where I was told to file a complaint under the lemon law through the booklet in my owners manual packet. The booklet had no information on the lemon law for my state but listed most of the other states. I have been without my passenger side headlight for over a month now and have replaced the light 3 times, once through the dealer but they burn out within a single night.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Apr 042014

Charger 6-cyl

I was driving and the headlight on the passenger side quit working. I stopped and checked it out and the light would come on if I touched the connector. Firestone replaced the bulb. The bulb was intermittent. If you touched the connector it would work. Ultimately, the connector caught fire and melted off. I found that there was a recall, but my VIN was not covered in the recall. The recall should be expanded! I am senior systems engineer for the federal aviation administration and fully qualified to assess that it is a safety issue.

- Mchenry, IL, USA