2014 Dodge Charger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Charger:

2014 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jan 292015

Charger

I am very need to the car free report I need to theis please jkhjhk

- Jdgdf, TX, USA

Jan 032015

Charger

I was stopped at an intersection with a 4 way stop. A car pulled up to my left so I pulled into the intersection. I began pulling into the intersection to make a left turn and another car came speeding up, pulled around the car to my left and hit my car on the left (driver's) side. I was thrown forward and hit my head on the sunvisor, causing a subdural hematoma in my head. This resulted in my spending 8 days in he icu unit of memorial hospital, springfield, Illinois

- Hillsboro, OH, USA

Jul 242015

Charger

My Charger is already chipping paint in the driver side door jam. I took it to the Dodge dealer boby shop and asked them to take pictures of it and send it out but the repair man said he was not going to and said that I just dont take care of my car. I offerred to show him the other Chargers on his lot that are slightly used and that have the same problem but he didnt want to.every excuse he has didnt make any sense and when I was done explaining to him that didnt happen he jumped to another theory of his. He did offer to touch it up with paint but I can do that myself. Just regular paint isnt going to fix that problem. The door end needs repainted. Over %90 of the Chargers are doing this. I could send you numerous pictures of different Chargers in my city at dealerships that have this problem or have been touched up by paint.

- Ashville, OH, USA

Mar 052015

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while reversing from a parking space, the front bumper detached from the vehicle. The contact was able to snap the bumper back on using the plastic prongs attached to the bumper. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was informed that in order for the front bumper to have detached something must have been exposed to it. The contact stated that they were concerned for their safety. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 4,400.

- Boca Roton, FL, USA

Apr 272014

Charger 6-cyl

While traveling on the freeway (in the lane next to the carpool lane) the car immediately pulled to the extreme left causing me to crash into the center divider. During this time, I had no control over the vehicle. When I was finally able to come to a complete stop, the tire was pulled back next to the front driver door, but still upright and headed forward. You could see where the tire had been spinning against the body of the car. (these are known symptoms of a failed ball joint) unfortunately, the complete tire assembly was ripped off as it was loaded onto the tow truck. Chrysler has since ruled that the accident was caused by my "misuse/abuse" of the vehicle. However, it was only 4 months old and very well taken care of. A total of $13,000 of damage was done to car, of which they have placed the blame solely on me; based off of photos that I took after the accident. I waited three weeks for them to send an investigator out to look at my car... he never showed up. The repair work was started on my vehicle without my authorization. (cover up??) the body shop (which is at the Dodge dealership where I initially purchased the car) has since advised me to let them finish the repair work, and attempt to trade the car in. I have expressed to them and the Chrysler group that I would not feel safe in that car if it was fixed. I also find it unfair that my insurance would have to pay for their mistake and faulty part. I could have been killed in that accident, I hope that others who have experienced this problem will come forth so that lives may be saved in the future and injuries prevented.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA