3.7

2014 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Charger:

2014 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Aug 292016

Charger

On August 29th 2016 I was returning(driving on US20) home from some official business, when my dash started flashing, all the warning lights would flash, the speed displayed would go up, and down, and the car started changing gears. There was a ticking sound coming from my gear shift, like it was trying to select gear. The power steering light, and service transmission message keep coming up as well. I would intermittenly lose power steering during this, and power from the engine would lag also. I have a three minute, and thirty-five second video of what was occuring. I contacted some mechanic friends that work on Indiana state police Chargers, and they thought it could be the battery shorting out. The next morning I replaced the battery, and installed properly with positive post first. This seem to resolve the dash flashing symptoms, but I then had no power steering at all. I took to our local Dodge dealer in lagrange, in they ran a diagnostic analysis, and determined the electronic power steering pump was no good. The power steering pump worked perfectly fine with no issues at all, ever, before these electrical issues occured. This vehicle is used to Transport the us congressman, when he is in the district on official business, and we need it repaired asap. It is my opinion, the power steering pump was destroyed by the electrical issues concerning the recall on this vehicle. It is also my opinion that fac llc should replace the power steering pump at no cost per the consent order pertaining to this recall. I am trying to get the video to email, at this point, the video is to long to email.

- Howe, IN, USA

Sep 032016

Charger

When driving, I pressed brake pedal to stop the car and heard a screech noise, car trembled a bit and came to a stop. When I continued to drive within a couple of minutes the ABS light came on and the electrical stability light came on. It turned off for a couple of hours later, but it turned on again the next day in the morning when I started the vehicle and has stayed on since.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 132016

Charger

My 2014 Dodge Charger is brand new off the lot of lhm Dodge in tucson, AZ. By 13,978 my car smelled like sulfur while in motion. Driving sluggishly, and the "battery saver mode" light on. Brought into larry H miller for repair. Was told the alternator needed replaced after 13,975 miles on the vehicle. At 14,100 miles the vehicle was making the same smell, and the battery safer mode light was on again. Returned it to lhm with complaints. They say "it's normal" manager told me "Dodge just didn't make the alternator big enough for that engine, manufacturer flaw"at 14,432 miles, the vehicle not blowing cold air. Battery saver mode light was still on, smelled like sulfur and car was driving sluggish. I opened case with corporate. They "fixed" it, and sent me on my way. On June 17, 2016, my vehicle was driving sluggishly, the engine light on, called Dodge immediately and was assigned a case manager. I called jim click immediately to get my vehicle in. My vehicle was 23,900 miles. Dodge claimed they could not get me in until July 1st and that its "fine to drive my vehicle as long as the light isn't flashing". brought in for "repair" on June 1st. I drove a rental car from Friday June 1st-June 8th, the "cluster" in the dash was not reading and needed to be replaced. I was told it was "all fixed". when the vehicle pulled up I got in and began to pull away as my dashboard went black. I turned around. My advisor brought it back and explained that it needed to be "reset" but that he'll order a new cluster. I get into my vehicle there is an "error" sign where the milage is supposed to be. I that I didn't feel comfortable driving this vehicle. I expressed how upset I was about the situation and he said to me "you'll be fine to drive it, it won't shut off". I get home started it, and the entire dash shuts off. My car is now being towed again to jim click Dodge.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

Jun 132016

Charger

Loss of anti-lock brakes and loss of traction control while driving. Warning lights indicated for both. Cause was a bad wheel sensor driver side rear. 6,169 miles.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Oct 252015

Charger

While driving on a town road at about 35 mph, the warning lights for the ABS and ESC systems lit. I subsequently determined that the vehicle cruise control also no longer functioned. I contacted Chrysler since the vehicle recently had a recall performed for alternator replacement, and symptoms included in that recall - Chrysler P60 / NHTSA 14V-634 - indicate that modes of failure may include disabling ABS and ESC. Chrysler stated that "sometimes they may need to do the recall again". brought vehicle to dealer. Diagnosed as a sensor failure. I had to pay for repairs.service writer stated that this failure happens on these cars quite frequently, and even "guessed" correctly what needed to be replaced before the tech worked on it. ESC and ABS are both significant safety systems.

- Leland, NC, USA

Jul 152015

Charger

Two of the lights on the instrument cluster warning were on:ESC(electronic stability control) and ABS.I took my car for service at the dealer and I was told to leave it for repairs. After four days I received a phone call which I got informed that the replacement part was out of stock and it need to be order and they told me that even though the car needed repairs it was safe to drive it until the part arrives.after two weeks, I visited again the dealer and the part was not there and now and I have to wait and I also needed to be place in a waiting list in which I would have number 254 (those are the amount of cars which needs to replaced the same part). In my last visited to the dealer I informed that the car is worse because now it has strange vibration when pressing the brake and makes noise. After all this issues is very hard for me and I can feel safe driving the car.

- Hialeah, FL, USA