2014 Dodge Charger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Charger:

2014 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Apr 222016

Safety recall S03/NHTSA 16V-046. The dealer, parkway Chrysler Dodge, in clinton twp., Michigan failed to remedy this defect within a reasonable time. I first notified the dealer on 4/22/2016, and have called repeatedly to set up an appointment. They have me on a waiting list, and it already has been 4 months. The dealer says Chrysler will only send them a limited number of parts, so I could be waiting many more months for the repair. I feel this is unacceptable.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

May 252016

I've had 3 crashes because of the electronic gear shifter. Crash #1) I pulled over to use my phone I put the car in park only to heard a thump. I hit the Benz in front of me damaging both my car and the Mercedes Benz. Crash #2 I backed into a parking space put the car in park and went to the trunk to get some bottled water if I had jumped out of the way I would have been pinned against a brick wall. Crashed #3) the car ran into a fence after I put it in park and got out. Causing further damage to the front bumper. It's just a matter of time before someone get seriously hurt or killed because of this weird gear shifter. Because the stick jums back to the center you never know what gear you're in.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Jan 012016

When driving (mainly low speed) there is a metal to metal/popping type noise coming from lower area. Seems to be somewhere with rotation of tires, or suspension travel, or transmission. Only when there is movement with the vehicle, sounds as if there are 2 pieces of metal rubbing/bumping together intemittently. It is not a constant noise, seems to be more noise on rougher road conditions. Dodge dealer said they cannot "rip apart my vehicle without knowing the cause of noise."

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Apr 282016

Got 2014 car brand new in Feb 2014. It has about 15K miles on it and in just over 2 years all 4 Michelin Pilot hx mxm4 tires have dry rot. Tire mechanic advised that Michelin is prone to dry rot. This should be addressed with manufacturer.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Mar 282016

Spare tire jack recall - when I tried to schedule an appointment with the dealer they said it would take at least 2 hours and the recall notice says it should take 30 minutes. I cannot take that much unpaid leave from work for a recall that should not take that much time.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Nov 232015

While driving I-405N at approx 63mph, my cel & tc lamp illuminated and car stalled out leaving me with no steering functions, then suddenly it turned back on and red-lined for almost 20secs straight leaving me at wot speeding straight towards the vehicle in front of me. The dash flashed something in the instrument cluster right before it shuts off but too quickly for me to be able to read it, the white box that highlights the selected gear turns orange and highlights all gears, then tachometer and speedometer fall to zero. This has happened on multiple occasions. I was able to record the the dash display on my phone when it was occurring back -to-back. I pulled fault codes(U0101, U1110, U1120, U11bc, U0121, U0100, U212). I took the car to dealership 2 weeks previously, they just reset my cel lamp and said bring it back if it happens again. This is dangerous and needs to be taken care of before it causes serious injury or death! I believe the problem is with the ECM and tcm programming, or the modules themselves. Included is screenshot from the video I recorded as it stalled on the fwy for the 3rd time in 10 minutess.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Nov 062015

Torque converter malfunction: The torque converter in the Dodge AWD rt model malfunctions and creates a groaning sound while the vehicle is accelerating on flat or low to steep road inclines. If unchecked it may lead to significant damage to the transmission and AWD subsystem. Since this torque component is not a regularly stocked item at most Dodge dealerships, if the component fails the wait time for a replacement can been up to a few weeks. My dealership brown daub Dodge, a 5 star dealership located in easton pa, said there were only two components available in the entire usa!

- East Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Oct 022015

We bought our car new, it has been at the Dodge dealer for repairs for the same things over and over for 6 months total time in shop. 1. the battery saver mode comes on, and then the steering gets hard, the alt. Has been replace, extra wiring added to add more grounds. This affects the way the car drives. When the battery saver mode is on the power steering stops working or works less. The power steering pump and rack and pinion has been replaced twice. This problem happens every day, in town or on the freeway. 2. the radio keeps shorting out, it's been replaced 3 times. This happens daily, it quits, blew out the speakers, navagtion stopped working. 3. the heater keeps getting stuck on either 100% hot or 100% A/C on cold. Settings will not change. Controls have been replaced 3 times, the heat/cold door motor was replace twice. The car has spent 185 days in service this year. When they give the car back it acts up in about 5 mins. The car is going back in for the radio and battery saver mode and steering on Monday. I picked the car up Friday and it failed less than a mile from the dealership.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Sep 202015

While driving on interstate at full speed a message appeared on vehicle instrument panel: Battery saver mode. Was concerned as I did not know what the message meant. Was not mentioned in the owner manual. Looked up message on Dodge Charger forum, realized that my vehicle falls within years for recall, with 160 amp alternator, but my particular VIN number is not included in recall nor have I been contacted. Perhaps it, along with others, should be to warn owners of potential issues. There was nothing in the message to indicate that the vehicle needed to be serviced, although to my understanding it can cause loss of power to the entire system.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Jul 242015

My Charger is already chipping paint in the driver side door jam. I took it to the Dodge dealer boby shop and asked them to take pictures of it and send it out but the repair man said he was not going to and said that I just dont take care of my car. I offerred to show him the other Chargers on his lot that are slightly used and that have the same problem but he didnt want to.every excuse he has didnt make any sense and when I was done explaining to him that didnt happen he jumped to another theory of his. He did offer to touch it up with paint but I can do that myself. Just regular paint isnt going to fix that problem. The door end needs repainted. Over %90 of the Chargers are doing this. I could send you numerous pictures of different Chargers in my city at dealerships that have this problem or have been touched up by paint.

- Ashville, OH, USA

Sep 252014

Charger 6-cyl

The vehicle was parked and unoccupied at a car dealership when a fire started in the interior cab. The whole interior of the vehicle is severly damaged. The vehicle is at amtx services Inc.

- Dallas, TX, USA