- September 25: Chrysler Recalls 349,000 Vehicles For Ignition Switch Defect
- September 21: Chrysler Recalls SUVs For TIPM Defects That Cause Engine Stall
- September 10: Dodge Grand Caravan Stalling Engines Get Look-See From Feds
- September 2: Dodge Dart Transmission Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in California
- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
2005 Dodge Dakota
Worst 2005 Dakota engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- idles rough5
- rods thrown through oil pan2
- engine blowing black smoke1
- oil pump failure1
- oil sludge1
- stalls when slowing down or stopped at light1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Dakota Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Dakota compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Dakota overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Dakota.