- February 28: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 467,000 SUVs To Fix Engine Stall
- December 31: Dodge Recalls Dart Aero To Fix Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- December 29: Lawsuit Filed Over Allegedly Defective Clutch Safety Interlock Switches
- December 29: Older Dodge Trucks Recalled After Reported Fatality
- December 25: Dodge Recalls Challenger To Repair Instrument Clusters
2005 Dodge Dakota
Worst 2005 Dakota engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- idles rough5
- rods thrown through oil pan3
- engine blowing black smoke1
- oil pump failure1
- oil sludge1
- stalls when slowing down or stopped at light1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Dakota Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Dakota compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Dakota overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Dakota.