CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 2 of 12)

Nov 092015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/30/16

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Mar 142016

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Aug 012016

Dart

"dode Dart recall" I received a postage a few months ago about a recall for my Dart, everytime I have tried to contact Allstar about the recall they have informed me that the parts have yet to arrive., I have had my car a year and a half. Currently everytime I start my car it is saying service transmission on the dash. On several ocassions the car has automatically went into the neural shift, while driving causing me to completly stop in the middle of traffic!!!!!I have almost been into about 4 accidents because of the glitch with my transmission, the air also will work and blow out hot air on one side. Everytime I stop at a stop sign the car struggles to pull off causing my car to jerk tremendously I am destined to get this issued resolved. Allstar still have not contacted me back about the recall, I need my car fixed asap.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

May 292015

Dart

Right now I have issues with my evap system, transmission and engine. With the evap system I am not sure what is going on with it and I have replaced the gas cap as the system stated and I still have the issue. The engine issue now is that the car is very hesitant than from before. Especially in first gear. I have to rev the engine to get going sometimes. I almost was involved in an accident. Now the clutch goes to the floor with little resistance or sticks to the floor when I am on the road for a while or when it has been sitting for a while. I have had this car for a year and few months and it just gets worse. I really believe that this car is unsafe.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jun 262016

Dart

The car won't start. Battery is completly dead. Won't even charge. (that's not the big deal) the big deal is when I try to reverse it's like it doesn't want to get in gear. Then whole car shakes, and then it feels like the transmission stops and is about to drop. Gear shift lights all turn red. Have to start car and turn back on to get it to go to normal. Engine light comes on too. Then eventually turns off.

- Herrin, IL, USA

Jul 052016

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact could not accelerate the vehicle. In addition, the vehicle began to roll down a hill slightly when it was placed in reverse. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jun 282016

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving at a low speed, the vehicle failed to switch from the neutral position. In addition, the ignition key became lodged in the vehicle and could not be removed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer to be repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Sumerduck, VA, USA

Aug 252015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the transmission warning indicator light randomly illuminated and the gears were difficult to shift more than once. The contact experienced extreme difficulty getting the vehicle to restart and shift gears. The dealer stated that they completed the recall repair for NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V238000 (power train) and 15V542000 (power train), but the remedy did not provide a solution. Two days after the last recall remedy, the contact experienced difficulty changing gears and the vehicle was extremely difficult to restart. The dealer and the manufacturer were notified that the recall remedy provided no solution. The contact was unable to drive the vehicle due to the failure. The vehicle was taken to a repair shop for further inspection. The failure mileage was not available.

- Norcross, GA, USA

Jun 072016

Dart

Problems since day 1 with my 2013 Dodge Dart. The clutch would stick in and I would have to pop it up with my foot. I would take my car in and even left it for a couple days and they just told me they couldn't reproduce the problem. And the "specialist" said what I was telling them about the clutch was impossible! so I started videoing and posting my clutch issues on youtube. The radio switches stations by itself, it goes off or won't come on. I've had the radio replaced and it still does the same thing! I've had battery issues with the battery draining and ultimately being replaced. The cruise control works about half the time. Dealership ended up replacing the clutch, had my car back 2 days and the clutch went out again. June 11th 2015 took my car in immediately when the rear brake started sticking. They had my car two days and said they adjusted the brake but couldn't reproduce the sound I heard coming from my rear passenger tire. So two weeks go by and I take my car back again demanding they take another look at it. By now the right rear caliber is stuck in and has ruined my rotor and brake pad. Later my car starts spitting and sputtering. Take it to the dealership and they said the only thing they could find wrong is the air flow pipe to the turbo was loose and they tightened it. I decided to go to a new mechanic, he said one of my ignition coils blew. 8 months later my car starts doing the same thing and my mechanic says another ignition coil blew. And he cannot get one for my exact car because they are all on back order with Dodge! he also informs me that there are 3 computers in my car and they are not talking to each other. It took them a while to figure out it was the ignition coil because the computer did not alert that to their tester. Now my check engine light is on again and after 3 technicians looked at my car they said I need a new turbo.

- Sapulpa, OK, USA

Jun 102016

Dart

Replaced transmission master cylinder at 35K miles, less than a year later at 61K it needs replaced again, as well as a new clutch kit. Dodge customer service considers this "normal wear and tear." Vehicle driven conservatively, no modifications.

- Edgerton, OH, USA

Jun 112016

Dart

When I am putting my car in gear I have my foot on the brake and the car accelerates at full speed while my foot is still on the brakes. I can also be at a stop light and the car will accelerate at full speed while stationary. My reverse also doesn't go backwards at a normal speed, it also stalls as I am attempting to reverse.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Apr 052016

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving 55 mph, the gear shifter failed to shift into gear without warning. In addition, the vehicle failed to start. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,606.

- 131 Wisteria Ct, TX, USA

Aug 162015

Dart

1.4 L engine 6 speed manual transmission-has had multiple problem and repairs with weeks at the dealership at a time. Traction control light multiple times without resolution. Cruise control works intermittently. Wipers cone in sometimes when blinder is turned on. Car failed to start, would stay on after key was removed from the engine-replaced ignition control module. Replaced battery, car back fires, warrantied out 1st coil and spark plug, error code for 3rd cylinder after, dealership stated it was really defective 1st coil and warrantied out again, car still back fires. Car wouldn't go in to reverse, differentiation cable had snapped, dealership replaced cable and gear shifter assembly. Car wouldn't shift in to 3rd from 2nd gear, dealership replaced throw out bearing, pressure plate and mayer cylinder on "extended warranty" /recall after another 20 days drive 14 miles for wheel bearing failure/ABS sensor on front drivers side. Dealership replaced both front bearings and ABS sensors, technician didn't finish test drive and one of new bearings failed, had to replace again, within 24 hours clutch wouldn't depress, then went to the floor, lifted with my foot still couldn't get car in to gear. Turned car off, removed key, started asian and was able to get in to gear. Car is making clicking sound when clutch is depressed and some times after release there is scraping sound. You tube video of another person's car maxing same sound youtu.be/jjyrrr8xrsy states flywheel had to be replaced. There's probably more that I'm forgetting to note but it is clear from this vehicles poor performance more will ensue, how can I get out of this undependence service ridden vehicle" after how many failures will some one make Dodge step up"

- Wixom, MI, USA

Jun 032016

Dart

I have just had the tcm replaced for the second time. This time the braket was replace but nothing has changed. I still experience transmission problems. My car will still have problem shifting and will not start.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

May 022016

Dart

The car has been leaking oil at a rate of 3 quarts in two weeks. It is in now for the 2nd repair in that timeframe. The car lost the ability to accelerate in the middle of the highway twice after the attempted repair.

- Celina, TX, USA

Jun 032015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ray, MI, USA

May 102016

Dart

The car will randomly go into neutral mode, and will not stay in gear while driving. It will say gear not available on the screen. It has done it about 5 times in less than a month. The dealer has replaced the tcm twice, but that does not work. It has been in the shop about 4 times for this one issue. Once in a safe place I can change gears but still says no gears available. Turn off and on the car, and it will not start. Wait 20 min and it might work again, but not sure for how long. If I can get it to start, there have been times I can not get it out of park. The last time it happened was on May 10th 2016 on highway 290 in houston. The car said service transmission, but now I would be costing. If I give it gas the rpms will go up, but the mph will go down. I had to cost it off the freeway since there was not a shoulder to stop on. Once I got it off the freewway, I had to push it to a parking lot. This is what I have been dealing with, and the dealer can't fix the issue. The put in a new tcm on the Dart on 5/10/16, picked it up at around noon. At around 8pm the car had the same issues again.

- Tomball, TX, USA

May 102016

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the transmission cable failed and the tcm needed to be replaced. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train). The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Jan 162016

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.....updated 0711/16

- Henderson, NV, USA

Apr 222016

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Prescott Valley, AZ, USA