CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 052013

Dart 4-cyl

On the way home my cruise control would not turn on. I pulled into my dealership to make an appointment. When I left there the cruise started working. When they looked at it the dealership could not replicate the problem and since Chrysler computers where down they could not research what the problem could be. I was told that another lady called that day and had the same complaint. Nothing has been done yet to attempt to fix the issue.

- Williamstown , KY, USA

Jul 182013

Dart 4-cyl

After driving for an hour, I stop at a red light to make a left turn on a left turn only lane. Upon the light turning green, I press the gas pedal and there was no response. After approximately 4 to 10 seconds the car aggressively jerked forward into oncoming traffic. Thankfully everyone waited.

- Middletown, NY, USA

Jul 102013

Dart 4-cyl

When I went to take off, across a highway, my vehicle would not accelerate correctly. It would only run about 1mph. Causing me to barely make it across the road before being hit by on coming traffic. Chrysler is checking it out and are assuming it is the turbo-charger. They are asking my mechanic to pull the turbo-charger down and send to them pictures before they make any further judgments on the problem. I had only had the car for appox. 2 1/2 weeks when the trouble occurred. My car is still in the shop and they can't tell me when it could be fixed. I just made the first payment on July 17, 2013 and don't have use of my car.

- East Wenatchee, WA, USA

Feb 052013

Dart 4-cyl

While pulling away from a stop sign the accelator peddle stuck under the floor mat. I noticed the factory mat sliding around a month ago and returned the car to the dealer. I was told to buy new after market mats. I removed the driver-side mat and ordered after markets. The new mats have larger lugs to hole them in place. But it moved again and while accelerating away form the stop sign the peddle stuck under the mat. I applied the brake and was able to reach down and pull the peddle up. At this point I have remove all driver-side mats. I also called the Dodge owners help line and was informed that (more or less) it was not their problem. If a less experienced driver had been at the wheel there may have been a much worse out come.

- Provo, UT, USA

Jan 132013

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the vehicle began to accelerate independently. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and the contact was awaiting diagnosis. The manufacturer had not been notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure and current mileage was 599.

- Bend, OR, USA