CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 162013

Dart 4-cyl

As I was driving the Dodge Dart (2013) the lower control arm bolt for the driver side front suspension either broke, vibrated out, or was never screwed in properly at the plant. The car had 400 miles on it. The steering wheel jerked out of my hands to the left (into oncoming traffic). There was grinding and loud noises as I lost control of the vehicle. The tow truck driver said that the car was missing a bolt when he went to hook the chain up underneath the car. The dealership tried pass it off as, "we alligned it and its ready for you to pick up". I told them I knew the bolt was gone because the tow truck company told me it was. I told them I do not feel safe driving this car. I said I do not want to be a statistic in a class action law suit at a later date. Both Chrysler and the dealership refused to address the situation. Lou fusz said it was Chrysler's problem and Chrysler told me to work with the dealership. They said, "thank god you weren't on the highway". we'll I had my family in this car for 2 weeks driving around in a car that could have hurt or killed someone. I had not signed over the paperwork to my Dodge journey yet (which had a class action law suit over the brakes which is why I was wanting to trade it in) but they refused to give me my car back. I said then put me in another car but they wanted to charge me more for the car we wanted. I then asked to give me the cash for the trade in. We have been loyal to Chrysler (purchased 7 new cars over the years). The refusal to offer any type of resolution was unbelievable. They register your phone number in a system so when you call in and ask to talk with a manager they direct you right back to the same department who tell you there is nothing they can do. This is not a customer service or "customer loyalty dept" it is a system of continous denial and hopefully you will just get tired and go away.

- O'fallon, MO, USA