2014 Dodge Dart electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Aug 282014

Dart

Car wouldn't start had to replace the starting harness within the first 3 months of owning the car had to replace two batteries even after the harness was replaced but hasn't happened since. Had to replace the turbo hose assembly from pulling in oil and cracked since the oil was hot. Now im having to put in a quart of oil in it every month and I change my oil every two and half months (5,000 miles) so my engine is burning the oil off to quickly (oil consumption). Also drove hit a very small pothole and had my driver side control arm snap very very cleanly and was told that it wouldn't be covered under any warranties.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Feb 010216

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While operating the vehicle, the instrument cluster lights dimmed for several seconds before illuminating again. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Rock Falls, IL, USA

Jul 132016

Dart

Interior electrical problems from day 1. random electrical components shut off and restart all the time. Also brakes became harder and harder to use, until they stopped working altogether in traffic, but started working again after collision

- Robesonia, PA, USA

Jul 022016

Dart

Bought a 2014 Dodge Dart 2 years. Had no problems with it till recently when car started to shut off while running in motion. I lost power steering control and power to the whole car. Incident happened on four different occasion. Three times on residential road and once on freeway. Completely a safety issue and has put my life in danger multiple times. Electronic throttle control, electronic stability control light, and check engine light turned on. Contacted Chrysler Dodge and their solution was to have me tow car to dealership and pay to have car serviced even though car is still under warranty. Car has put my life and the life of other people in danger multiple times and the company seems to not care even after contacting them formally with complaint.

- North Highlands, CA, USA

May 162016

Dart

I bought a brand new 2014 Dodge Dart aero and about 3 weeks after purchasing my car stalled and shut off, the transmission light came on. I took it to Dodge and they said they did not have a code but they saw an issue with my anti-lock brake system. A part to my transmission was recalled, we waiting for over 3 months for the part and upon bringing my car to the dealership they reported my car not starting. About 3 weeks after my transmission recall was "fixed" my engine starting smoking upon starting the car at least 5 times and my engine was completely replaced, they again reported my car would not crank. My car was in the shop for 27 days, two days after picking my car up it was brought back to the dealor for the car feeling like the transmission was slipping at various speeds. It's been almost 2 weieks with no update. Dodge resolutions has sent an inspector. Initially the car was purchased with about 220 miles on it, the car is only at 17,000 now.

- Canton, GA, USA

Jun 162016

Dart

This vehicle have had two occasions of master cylinder brake fluid loss and unexplained totall engine oil evaporation without warning that caused the loss of power while driving. Luckily it happened in city, not highway.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Apr 112014

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. After the vehicle was parked for several hours, the vehicle would start and then the engine seized. The contact stated that the battery warning light would be illuminated at the time of the failure. The contact stated that when the vehicle was turned off and restarted that it would reset and the issue would not be present. The dealer could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 22,000.

- Hensley, AR, USA

Nov 232015

Dart

Rental car Dodge Dart, rented on 11/23. Not sure what model year it was. The ignition switch shut off twice over four hours of driving it. Once as I was parking in a parking spot and once while I was on the highway traveling at 70mph. When I got home, I tried to see what caused it to shut off and noticed that my knee was touching the extra key on the key ring, which put a slight bit of pressure on the key in the ignition switch, causing the ignition to turn off quite easily. Luckily I was able to get the car restarted while driving, and that the highway was not curved. Otherwise, the outcome could have been much worse. Here is a video I recorded where I reproduced the conditions: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=1L6pczhwrrg

- Mount Prospect, IL, USA

Oct 282015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken into the dealer where it was informed that the vehicle was low on oil. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 31,000. The VIN was not available.

- Senneca Falls, NY, USA

Sep 012015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While driving at approximately 50 mph, the vehicle stalled and the engine, battery, and stability control warning lights illuminated. In addition, the contact mentioned there was a burning odor. The contact was able to pull over and the vehicle was restarted. The failure recurred on multiple attempts. The vehicle was taken to a dealer twice, where it was diagnosed but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN was not available.

- Danielsville, GA, USA

Nov 302014

Dart

In November 2014 I noticed that my air conditioner/heater blower fan would intermittently fail. It caused significant safety concerns when I could not defrost my window, particularly when actively driving the vehicle. Every dealership I took it to (four of them, multiple times at each dealership) was unable to verify whether or not other complaints had been filed, thus the difficulty which ensued. After nine months of continuous problems, the dealership finally replaced my air conditioner blower fan, which I had suspected to be the problem from the beginning. Despite my inference, the dealership insisted on replacing the entire center stack in my vehicle first, which failed to resolve the problem. It took months to convince them to just replace the blower fan. Two weeks ago my vehicle was finally repaired when the dealership replaced the blower fan.

- Bountiful, UT, USA

Jul 102015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the speedometer on the instrument panel was inoperable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be repaired. The contact stated that the vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 14,000.

- Highlands, TX, USA

Jun 062013

Dart

One hour after I accepted this auto with 7 miles on it, this happened---- while driving, the display screen went black for a few minutes. It happened on a regular basis. I kept taking the car back to the dealership until finally, they saw it while it had blacked out. They replaced the radio display. It still keeps happening every few months, but they never see it..one year later, after many visits, they plan to replace it again. Also, when I touch the key to the ignition it often buzzes like an electrical short, but it will start.,they cannot duplicate this or find the problem. Im sorry I got stuck with this car. The problems are not solved.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Feb 112015

Dart

Went to start Dart in the morning and the instrument panel would not light up, could not see any dashboard details such as speed, mileage etc. Tried to restart car to see if the instrument panel would appear, however it would not. Car was towed into dealership and diagnosed as being a faulty instrument cluster module. The dealership provided a rental car for 21 days because the part was on back order, Chrysler also became engaged due to the car being less than a year old and having roughly 7800 miles on it. They provided charge number for rental car.

- Elizabeth, CO, USA

Nov 062014

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart and the engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who reprogrammed the software. The failure recurred after the repair was performed. The vehicle was not repaired for the most recent failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 8,500.

- Farmingville, NY, USA

Dec 132014

Dart 4-cyl

Our daughter was driving our three-week-old Dodge Dart. It began smoking as she exited the highway and, within seconds, she lost her ability to brake and steer. The car was completely engulfed in flames within 1-2 minutes and is a total loss. She was able to get out without physical injury but was extremely shaken. The fire department put out the fire. We can provide pictures of the fire, showing the flames shooting many feet into the air and the car encased in smoke.

- Chesterfield, MO, USA

Oct 112014

Dart 4-cyl

Driving down the road went to turn left and the car said blinker out so turned off blinker pulled in the drive way and turned blinker back on and smoke was coming from the tail light opened the trunk and it was engulfed inflames.

- Klamath Falls , OR, USA