2008 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 082016

Grand Caravan

After parking my car, after about 5 minutes, the horn started blowing, the wipers, front and rear started running and the washers started spraying. The door locks started locking and unlocking on their own. The car, when started had no dash lights, or gauge function. The drivers electric seat started adjusting itself. Radio came on and off on its own. Car acted like it was possessed. I had to unhook the battery to make everything stop. Please note, the car was parked in my driveway when all of this occurred.

- Kirkwood, NY, USA

Sep 242016

Grand Caravan

Tipm module malfunctioning. Wipers and horn will go off randomly, transmission will disengage at the same time. Power steering shuts off as well during episodes while driving! I have had to stop on the freeway with my kids in the car and restart the car.

- Avon, IN, USA

Oct 012014

Grand Caravan

Nothing has happened to the vehicle. We have just been waiting a really long time to have the recalls taken care of. The shop keeps telling us we are on a waiting list. We have been on this list for almost 2 years.

- Mankato, MN, USA

May 022016

Grand Caravan

Frequently will not start-have to raise hood & smack top of black box & then it will start, will go "crazy" while parked with no keys in ignition-horn honks, lights flash on & off, wipers go & fluid sprays-again have to smack box to make it stop. Between 5/2/16 & 5/18/16, while driving down the road, four times the motor has shut itself off, horn has begun honking, wipers go, fluid sprays, running lights go off. ** it twice on 5/18/16! thank god, was going slowly down a side street-again had to raise hood, smack on top of that black box-fuses and sensors must be in there-and it stopped acting crazy and restarted. My husband has been driving it as I refuse to!! very surprised and concerned that there has not been recall as this seems to be a very frequent issue with these vans-wish I had never bought mine!

- Warren, PA, USA

Apr 102016

Grand Caravan

Car dies without warning. Acceleration, steering and braking compromised and dangerous. Happens randomly, when stopping, when accelerating when cruising at highway speeds. Engine hot and cold. New ignition installed as part of recall program and the problem has gotten worse since the "fix".

- Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA

Apr 072016

Grand Caravan

My van was sitting in my driveway. I used the key fob to attempt to unlock the doors and instead the horn started honking, wipers going, washer fluid spraying and lights flashing. It did not stop and the doors would not unlock. I had to use the hidden key in the key fob to manually unlock the door to open the hood and disconnect the battery. I reconnected it and attempted to drive it to my mechanic. It stalled after about 50 feet. I ended up being able to drive it to the mechanic four days later. My mechanic said it had 6 recalls on it (which I was not notified of) and needed the tipm replaced, which was not a part of a recall. He said Chrysler would not allow him to buy the part and I would have to take it directly to the dealer. He said the part is $780 and does not include labor! I cannot afford this and I need this vehicle! I have three kids! I did some research online and saw that this part on my van was a part of a lawsuit. When they settled the lawsuit, they did not include the 2008 Grand Caravan. This is the same exact faulty part that is in the other vehicles that are covered by the lawsuit/recall! there is absolutely no reason I should have to pay for any of this.

- Lewiston, NY, USA

Mar 192016

Grand Caravan

The van engine shuts down while in drive. This has happened 4 times with in a week. It has shut down completely at an intersection. Even the hazards would not come on to show other drivers that I was broke down. I received a notice last year about a recall for the ignition module and I was put an a long wait list to have it fixed. On January 3, 2016 I had the recall taken care of at sherwood service in salisbury, md. I have never had the engine failure happen before having the recall fixed, and now, it is happening. When the engine shut down the last time, my husband who was driving had to call the police to direct traffic around the van until the tow truck got there so he would not be hit! it blocked an intersection for 30 minutes until the van was towed away, when the van got home on the tow truck, it started up with no problem. Every time this has happened, the van has been in gear and driving when it completely shuts down and it has either gone over a small bump or been turning. I would also like to add that I had an appointment with sherwood Chrysler in salisbury, md today(3/22/21) and they said that they could not find anything wrong with my van and tried send my husband home in the van without fixing the problem! he insisted that they drive it (which they would not do today) to see if it happened again. They still have my van.

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Mar 012016

Grand Caravan

Timp failurtes have resulted in incidents with random horn, alarm, headlight, door lock, panel and windshield wipers activities.

- N Miami, FL, USA

Sep 302014

Grand Caravan

Safety recall notice that has been unresolved for 2 years due to lack of parts at our local dealer.

- Boise, ID, USA

May 162015

Grand Caravan

I called the dealership where I bought the vehicle new in 2008. I received this recall notice on May 16, 2015 for a recall dealing with the wireless ignition node (win) module may have unintentional movement of the frequency operated button ignition key (fobik) from the on to the accessory position while driving. The service deptartment of big O Dodge ib greenville SC 2645 larence rd. Greenville SC 29607 service dept. 888-804-5101 (they told me that the necessay part for the recall had not come in yet so I gave them my phone # back in May 2015 and have not heard anything yet. I have no recourse but to continue to drive this car. Richard D. hudson 114 w. lee rd. Taylors SC 29687 phone: 864-770-7700 NHTSA recall number: Opens new window takes away from VIN lookup section> 14V-373 recall date: May 16, 2015

- Taylors, SC, USA

Jan 062016

Grand Caravan

I have contacted lithia to replace the wireless ignition node multiple times and they continue to say they will call me and I still haven't heard from them. My ignition gets stuck and none of the electronics work.

- Twin Falls, ID, USA

Jun 152014

Grand Caravan

I am referencing safety recall R03/14V-373. I have been asking the local dealer jack key motor co of alamogordo, nm for this recall to be fixed for almost 2 years. The parts manager keeps telling me that the manufacturer is unable to send out any, as though they are on back order. I am not sure where the problem lies, but this is not a timely remedy for a recall that "could cause unintended engine shutoff and increase the risk of a crash."

- Alamogordo, NM, USA

Jan 152016

Grand Caravan

Unable to get response from a dealer in connection to recall R03. Have been contacting the local dealer for 6 months and always told the parts are not available.

- Keymar, MD, USA

Jan 112016

Grand Caravan

This is in relation to recall 14V-373, for the last 6 months we have been trying to get Dodge to take care of it, but every time we call in they never have any stock to take care of us. With as important as this recall is, I'm concerned for the safety of my family, and would like this resolved soon. We have been talking to the larry H. miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram at 1800 w 104th ave, denver, co 80234. I called their parts department once to ask if I could go in and pay for a new fob replacement and they said yes, they had stock for that - but somehow they don't have stock to take care of the recall... any assistance would be welcome.

- Brighton, CO, USA

Oct 102015

Grand Caravan

Stationary in park. Ignition at times will not turn all the way to off.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Oct 012012

Grand Caravan

The car was parked stationary at the top of a hill. It started to roll down the hill while it was off. Three children were in the car. Their brother tried to stop the car, and got caught under the car wheel, and died. The car was in park.

- Burnt Hills, NY, USA

Jul 012014

Grand Caravan

I received a wireless ignition node module defect safety recall from Chrysler in July 2014. Your data base suggests May 2015 as the date, but it's wrong. This is much older. The original recall was L25 NHTSA 14V-373. The Fiat Chrysler hotline for recalls has the number as R03. They have failed to correct this defect within a reasonable time, because this is 14 months. A reasonable time might be a few weeks, I think. I call dealers here in the St louis area, they promise to call me when parts are in. I called the recall hotline for Fiat Chrysler, I complain to my state's attorney general for consumers, and get nowhere. All I hear is "we can't get the parts." Well, I know many, many model cars are in this recall; not only GM, but Jeep, Dodge, etc. But I can't help it -- I am the one who is in trouble for the faulty ignition and fobik, and this package has Fiat Chrysler's name on it. It's time to twist their arms really hard. This is safety. The safety recall hotline at Chrysler says this is their part, and they're not doing it, and I quote, "I don't know what to tell you." Well, tell them....... I think I should be given a car to drive that is safe until they can do this required recall. Or they can refund my car price and the price of my lift equipment installed for a scooter lift in the rear of the car. I've had it. Waiting and hoping are not getting us drivers anywhere. They've got to do something and now before someone else dies.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Sep 172015

Grand Caravan

My Dodge Caravan is affected by the 14V-373 recall. According to the dealership I have been on the "waiting list" for replacement parts for several months and it may be another month or two until my name gets to the top of the list. Since it has been 7 months since the recall is issued I find it very unacceptable that Chrysler is not able to provide parts for this serious issue in a timely manner.

- Pine Island, MN, USA

Jun 012013

Grand Caravan

The ignition fobik gets stuck in the socket forcing the car to stay in acc and exhausting the battery. The car can be restarted when this happens and after repeated attempts usually releases the fobik. This often involves forcibly shoving the transmission lever from D to P. I believe this is related to the L25 and R03 recalls as sometimes you can hear an electronic noise when the fobik is locked or released. My primary complaint is that I've called the dealer 4 times or so over the last year since L25 came out asking to fix the problem by fulfilling the recall. Each time the dealer, rainier Dodge, says they will order parts and get back to me, but never does. I will be calling again this week after problems over the weekend. I'm very dissatisfied with Chrysler's response to this potentially serious problem.

- Lacey, WA, USA

Jun 152015

Grand Caravan

Recall RO3 important safety recall for wireless ignition node module I requested the service order for the important safety recall on 6/15/2015 received on 6/11/15. I have called every two weeks to check the status of the part order. This part has not been made accessible to the dealer. I called Chrysler today and received no answers regarding when the part would be available to the dealer. Updated 10/06/15

- East Middlebury , VT, USA