2010 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 242010

Grand Caravan

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan starting to stall and shut off without warning while driving. Need to know if there is a recall for this problem, it happened while turning into a lane and also driving uphill, very alarming. Do not feel safe driving with this problem, bought the van brand new.

- Clatskanie, OR, USA

Mar 012010

Grand Caravan

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan shuts off when turned on and put into reverse or drive does not happen all the time also has done it while at low speed pulling into parking space.

- N Huntingdon, PA, USA

Feb 202010

Grand Caravan

We purchased a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan in December 2010. Three weeks ago as I was pulling out of a driveway that had a drain gutter dip the van shut off completely. I hit the dip at about 10 mph. Two weeks ago it happened again. This time when I went over a speed bump in heavy traffic. The Dodge dealer repair shop said they could not find any loose connections or codes. They seemed to care very little of our report and said they could not recreate the trouble and to call them next time. Only after calling the dealer executives we are to bring the van back for a check by a mechanic. Other thoughts: Both times I had to put the gear in neutral to restart. Both front tires hit at the same time. When only one wheel hits a bump or pothole, it does not happen. We were at about 5,000 miles when this happened.

- Alpine, CA, USA

Jan 312010

Grand Caravan

I purchased a brand new 2010 Grand Caravan SE in January. While making a turn over a puddle of water the car powered down, I.e. lost power steering and all control. I then took the key out and put it back in and it powered up. This occurred within the 1st 100 miles. At 350-400 miles it started to power down while stopping at a red light but did not completely shut down. This occurred again between 450-500 miles. I took the car into the dealer & they could not find a problem. I contacted the dealer for each occurrence. No accidents, yet.

- Newark, NJ, USA