3.0

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 152016

Grand Caravan

We received safety recall notice. Called dealership to schedule repairs, was told they would call back when parts came in. Several months later, no call. Called another dealership and was told the same. It has probably been close to a year and haven't heard back from either dealership.

- Blandinsville, IL, USA

Dec 252016

Grand Caravan

My van just shut off while doing 55 mph on a highway. No warning signs or check engine lights came on. I had no steering, gas, or breaks when it shut off. The a few days later all the lights on the dash came on then went off but never shut off until a few blocks later when it turned off while driving on a street. And everytime it shuts off I put it in park take the keys out and then restart the van and it acts like nothing ever happened.

- Hartford, KS, USA

Dec 142016

Grand Caravan

While driving the car, the engine shuts off unexpectedly and we lose power steering and brakes. We have to coast to a stop, put it back in park and restart engine and proceed. This happens with no predictability which makes this dangerous. The times that it has happened, the roads have been wet or snow covered. It has also happened on dry roads. Traveling at a high rate of speed makes this a dangerous circumstance. Since it is unpredictable, we are very nervous to take this car on a highway. We have had the car in to shapiro leon motor sales several times and they cannot find anything that comes up on their diagnostics.they did replace the powertrain control module. This did not make a difference. It continued to shut down. There is no rhyme or reason. They have driven it but it did not shut down for them. I got it inane shortly after leaving, it shut down. We know that there was a recall on the ignition switch through June 2010 but our car was manufactured Sept 2010. However all the symptoms that are listed on that recall fit our van's problem perfectly. The dealership does not agree a per their testing. This is not something that we can have happen to us while traveling 65 down the interstate. The only thing that shows up on the dash is the traction control when we lose engine power. Please address this problem.

- Oswego, NY, USA

Dec 272016

Grand Caravan

I have had my 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan for 1 year. First the alternator went out then the key module then the transmission then the shifting harnesses cable and now the lights keep blinking on and off and the van feels like it has no power the battery was just changed a month ago. This has been the worst vehicle ever and we are scared that it is going to cause a deadly accident. The vehicle gets stuck in gears. And and now keeps shutting off and the headlights keep blinking on and off as well as all the lights in the van. If these are know issues why has there not been a total recall on all these vehicles before a deadly accident does happen. Or is it going to take someone to actually die before something is done about all the known issues the makers of these vehicles are aware of.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Nov 252016

Grand Caravan

Our 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan stalled 14 times this holiday weekend (more than usual). It stalls at any speed and at any time (warm or cold) and loses all power. Have you ever had to shift a vehicle into neutral at 70 mph and restart it on an expressway in holiday traffic (with no power steering or power brakes)? well it really puts the family in a jolly mood. Dealer claims not to be able to figure it out (because the error codes are not recorded in the vehicle computer since there is no power). Based on all of the exact same complaints I see for this vehicle, it's obvious to me that it's a totally integrated power module (tipm) issue. Any idiot performing a little research on google can figure it out. However, NHTSA can¿T seem to figure it out. See NHTSA action number: DP14004. NHTSA ¿ there's enough complaints out there to support further investigation. Feel free to contact me if you want to take our rolling death trap for a fun-filled family trip.

- Oswego, IL, USA

Oct 042016

Grand Caravan

Front wheel bearings failed; had them replaced before an accident occurred

- Carnesville, GA, USA

Aug 152016

Grand Caravan

The vehicle continued running after pulled key out of ignition. Problem was with win module which was apparently part of a recall that involved 2006-2010 Grand Caravan models, although somehow my 2010 Grand Caravan isn't included in the recall. The woman at the dealer said it was the third one of the day, but mine was the only one that didn't fall under the recall.

- Oak Park, IL, USA

Jun 262016

Grand Caravan

While driving my car it just shuts off on me at random times. I never know when it is going to happen. It has happened 5 times in 2 months. I found a recall online for this same thing but my dealer is telling me they are VIN number specific and my VIN says there is no recall so they won't fix it. Please help me get this so ed before I have an accident and injure myself or someone else. Thanks.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Mar 092016

Grand Caravan

Engine stalls while driving in motion-so far has only occurred while driving on city streets but is becoming more frequent.originally seemed to occur only when not fully warmed up but now is happening at regular operating temperatures also.it has happened both while making turns and while traveling in a straight line. I often don't notice it has occurred until I try to accelerate or turn and discover the loss of power steering and that the tachometer is on "O" rpms. It has become a regularly re-occurring annoyance and has obvious danger potential. I took the car to a dealership for the recall on the win module and was told that the brand of module that this vehicle contained was not the one they were having problems with and would therefore not replace it. They also claimed that the problem we were having was not related to that part. Checking online I find that I am far from the first owner of these vehicles experiencing this problem and that Chrysler Corp. Seems to be in denial of a problem and is at a loss as to correction of the problem. Please add my complaint to the growing list of unresolved complaints relating to this vehicle.

- Delavan, WI, USA

Dec 152015

Grand Caravan

While driving the van will just shut off therefore losing all power steering and brakes. The only warning light that comes on is the traction control light. This has happened on country roads and in the city. Sometimes it will do it while turning a curve and other times just driving straight down the road. The curves are the most dangerous since we lose all power. It has happened multiple times in one day and sometimes not for days. We have had the ignition switch recall performed with no results to the problem. We have had it at 3 different places trying to find a solution with no results. They say because no warning lights come on there is no way to diagnose the problem. This is a huge safety issue that needs resolved immediately. I know we are not the only ones with this problem.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Aug 292014

Grand Caravan

I've been waiting for the longest time, for the Dodge dealership to replace the part, or parts that the recall people, was recalling the vehicle for. But instead, they keep telling me that the part, or parts hasn't come in yet. I've been having on going problems since forever, with this vehicle dying out on me, and my family;__too many times. And not only that! but my money is very important to me too. And I don't like paying out my money;__towards anything, that has been a continuos problem for me, and my family. Sent on: Thursday_01/21/2016.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 302015

Grand Caravan

Dodge/Chrysler recall R03. I called my dealer several months ago when the first recall notice was received. I was put on a waiting list with the dealer and still have not received the necessary repairs. I called back to check and see how much longer it would take and was told it could be several more months before the repairs can be done. This doesn't seem like a reasonable timeframe for an issue that increases the risk of an accident. Please note: I was forced to enter a date in the form, but I do not remember exactly when I called the first time, so I am only estimating.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Apr 012015

Grand Caravan

Received safety recall in April 2015. Contacted local dealer in May 2015. It is now November 2015, and am still waiting to get my car in to be repaired.

- Ishpeming, MI, USA

Nov 122015

Grand Caravan

I was driving approximately 50 mph on a city street when my engine shut off. I lost all engine power; tank went to empty and it was incredibly hard to turn the steering wheel as well as brake. The best I could, I pulled over, put the van in park and restarted it. I drove home. I called the Dodge dealership and they said that since no dash lights came on, no codes would be stored, and to keep driving the vehicle until it happened again. I have an appointment scheduled with them for 11/19/15 (the soonest possible appointment.) I am uncertain if this is related; however, sometimes my "key" doesn't lock or unlock the van. In August, two times the van wouldn't start right away (2-3 tries) and on September 6, it didn't start after multiple tries. About an hour later, it started with a grinding sound, which sounded to be coming from the right passenger side of the dashboard. No dash lights. It has started fine since then.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Oct 272015

Grand Caravan

When driving on the freeway or city road the dash start to flicker then just shuts down have to wait about a min then starts up again my concern is when driving I lose all control of the vehicle. It seems to happen in the morning and at night I had my starter, relays, alternator battery check all seem fine please assist

- Riverside, CA, USA

Aug 052015

Grand Caravan

Car stalls while I am driving it. Took it to car dealer and it doesn't pop up with codes, so they say they can't figure out what is wrong. Head over mechanics drove it and he was driving it at 30 miles an hour and it turned off and he said he almost wrecked my car. Mechanic also duplicated it, but no codes, so they are saying they don't know what to fix. It is the only transportation I have, but is very dangerous to drive as when it stalls I have no power steering or brakes. I am at my wits end, because I have tried to reach Chrysler itself and all I get is customer service and they have a case open, but getting no results. I also have clunking in my transmission, but again no codes. I am at my wits end and don't know where to go from here. I can't afford to keep putting money in this car and it not get fixed. I still owe 5 years on this car also. I have had people riding in the car with me when it has happened. I am going to put a date at this end here, but not sure of when it first started happening, but know that the transmission started happening last year and told them about it and they said that was natural for that type of engine, but they hadn't even drove it.

- Drain, OR, USA

Oct 032015

Grand Caravan

Received car back from dealer and car stalled on them, but no codes showed up so they are saying they can't fix it. I brought it home and it stalled on me again the next day while I was in the middle of a turn. Head person over the mechanics said that car could kill me, but it keeps stalling and they put me back in it anyway. Very unsafe. I have great grand children that ride with me sometimes. Recall previously on this same vehicle, but was VIN specific. Was going off an off ramp and it stalled also. No rythm or reason why or when it will stall.

- Drain, OR, USA

Jul 142015

Grand Caravan

We have been trying to get an appointment for the R03 recall on the wireless ignition node since the middle of July 2015. Our vehicle is a pool vehicle for our company and has not been able to be used now for over 2 months. I contacted our local dealership on the 14th of July to schedule an appointment and then a week later was notified that our appointment was cancelled due to a lack of parts. We have been put back on a waiting list on 8/26/15 but I have not received any calls. My question is how can a recall be issued and Chrysler not be prepared to handle this in a timely manner. Our pool vehicle has not been available for use for over 2 months now, this is not acceptable.

- Northwood, OH, USA

Sep 082015

Grand Caravan

On September 8, 2015, we were travelling to our local beach and I noticed a low tire pressure indicator on the vans dashboard. I was lucky to know this particular part of the bronx, so we immediately got off of the highway and stopped at a local garage. Thinking that it was just a slow leak, we pulled over to the pay-for-air kiosk and I went to fill the front, passenger's side tire, which appeared low. The tire was not flat, just low. To may complete amazement, when I applied the required pressure onto the valve stem with the tire inflator, the valve stem disappeared into the rim! this immediately deflated the tire. The kids immediately started complaining that this was going to ruin the beach trip, but I assured them that since the gas station we were luckily disabled in front of would be of immediate assistance. I entered the garage and found the sole mechanic turned with his back to me, working on a vehicle. He didn't see us come in and didn't know I was there until I excused myself and told him about this crazy thing that had just happened to me. "let me guess, it's a Chrysler, right?" to make a long story short, he told me that the threads on the Chrysler/Dodge valve stems are made of such shoddy materials that they, in his words, "turn to dust." When he finally got the valve stem out of my tire, it was indeed nearly completely oxidized. The next day, I brought the van to our local tire repair shop to have all of the valves replaced with good, old fashioned rubber ones. The remaining were all in similar, terrible condition. With the exception of the aftermarket sensor we had purchased last year. The tire shop said that it was a common occurrence among Dodge and Chrysler vehicles. I feel this same condition caused the blowout we had experienced the year before as well.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA

Jun 292015

Grand Caravan

I received a recall notice about the wireless ignition node module on or about June 29, 2015. I called grieger motors in valparaiso, Indiana on July 1st to schedule an appointment to have it repaired. I was told the parts would be ordered and they would let me know when they had them. I never heard back, and called them again on August 10, 2015 and was informed that I am number 121 on a list of about 800 recalls that they have, that they are waiting for parts, and they will let me know when my part is in. I do not feel it is grieger motors' fault, but the fault of Dodge that what I'm assuming is thousands of drivers are not able to have their vehicles repaired in a timely fashion. Can you entice Dodge to provide the replacement parts to the dealers much quicker than they are apparently doing? I am concerned for the safety of my family while we must continue to use this vehicle in its defective condition.

- Valparaiso, IN, USA