2.3

2006 Dodge Magnum electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Magnum:

2006 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 052010

Magnum 6-cyl

Please put your self in our shoe`S this has got to be dealt with or someone is going to get killed in a crash. Please don't let Dodge skate on this one can we not get a class action lawsuit going? I hope I don`T crash and kill somebody`S child or loved one. 1. dangerous! entire car shakes when traveling at 40-80+ mph. The shake shows up in the steering wheel which makes the car unsafe to handle at speeds of 65mph. This shake is not present when braking, only under acceleration and usually only when you go over 40mph. The problem has gotten so bad that it actually hurts my ears do to the "pulsing and pounding air pressure when only one window, any window is open. It is deafening!!. the wheels were balanced on 4 separate occasions and that didn't nothing but waist my time and money. 2. car nearly stalls out when shifting between first and second gear on wide open throttle. (can be dangerous if you expect the car to go and it stutters. Almost appears as if it is going to stall, like it's starved for gas). And if all that is not enough, the rack and pinion need replacing, after only 53 thousand miles!!!"?" it should last at least 150,000 miles I only drive about 10,000 miles a year! and on very smooth roads. Now I am out of money and attempting to make ends meet on $995 dollars a month. Don`T I / we have government backed consumer rights when these problems are so obvious and blatantly being ignored. Dodge should by now, know what these problems are, and if not, they should feel obligated to at least find the cause of them. After all I purchased a Dodge to help support an american icon just to find out that they actually treat us worse than Toyota treats there customers. I mean at least they are fixing and admitting there mistakes. I just hope myself or anyone else get hurt or killed do to there ignorance before they finally bend over, grab there ears and pull there heads out of there.........!

- Rohnert Park, CA, USA

Dec 012008

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact has experienced several failures with her vehicle and electrical components. The driver's side seat belt was inoperable and failed to move when she attempted to pull and secure it over her body. She would have to turn off the vehicle and play with the belt for a while before it would operate properly. The dealer replaced the entire seat belt module, but the seat belt failed several times after the repair was performed. The manufacturer suggested that the failure could be related to the computer system in the vehicle. The contact was concerned that the seat belt would not operate correctly in the event of a crash. The dealer stated that they did not know what else to do to correct the failure. She was able to locate a technical service bulletin for the seat belt retractor. In addition, the sun roof was inoperable and would open and close intermittently. The failure and current mileages were less than 28,000.

- Livermore, CA, USA

Mar 162006

Magnum

Driving on highway car runs very rough when throttle indicator light flashes along with bas light on. Vibration of car nearly causes an accident. It occurs everytime I drive the car. It also occurs when at a stop light or sign. Sometimes it will stall or come close to stalling. I am very concerned with this. I have researched this on the internet and their are many people with these same problems. Having problems with dirty egr seals and or dirty throttle bodies.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 142007

Magnum 8-cyl

When the esp (electronic stabilization package) is engaged and I am pulling out into traffic and the tires slip, at all, the throttle releases and the car gets no power and will not accelerate. This lasts for approximately 3-5 second. I have to turn the esp off as not to get hit by oncoming traffic. The dealership said this was normal even though will I had it in to be checked I drove a Chrysler 300 with esp and it did this but the throttle control came back within fractions of a second.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Feb 252006

Magnum 8-cyl

- the contact owns a 2006 Dodge. The esp, electronic stabilization package failed when driving at 5 mph. Whenthe tire slipped a little when accelerating, the throttle failed and the vehicle did not move forward, but the engine continued to run. For approximately 3 to 5 seconds the throttle would not release gas and the vehicle would not move forward. The mechanic and the star engineer stated that the vehicle was operating normally. The failure has occurred approximately 50 times, and occurred every time the vehiclewas driven. The current and failure mileage were both 15,000. Updated 03/19/07.

- Rochester Hills , MI, USA