8.8

2. replace with new dashboard (58 reports)
  3. should be a recall (34 reports)
  4. replace with better quality after market dashboard (22 reports)
  5. epoxy and a dash cover (7 reports)
  6. filed a complaint with. www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov (6 reports)
1999 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 1500:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 11 of 11)

Sep 212006

Ram 1500 Quad Sport 4x4

The dashboard in my truck has a huge single crack running from the windshield to the glovebox on the passenger side. The truck has never been wrecked or hit that would cause a crack of this magnitude. Only thing I can think of is the heat here in FL. Strange though that this is the only vehicle we have ever owned that this has happened to, and all the others were in the sun all day too. I am currently aware of two other Dodge Ram truck owners we know that have had the same problem. Same truck, same year. Coincidence?

- , Bartow, FL, USA

Jul 182006

Ram 1500

I am in texas so the texas summers might have a little to do with it but that dang dash is cracked in 4 places so far and the last one happenend yesterday dodge should have made that a little better but i will still stick with dodge

- , Liberty Hill, TX, USA

Apr 132006

Ram 1500

The dashboard on this truck just started cracking at the defroster vents and large pieces broke completely off. There was one of those reflector things in the windshield and it still cracked. To fix the dash with a new one is over $700 and you can't get a used one because they all crack like this. I bought a tube of epoxy at Wal-Mart and put the pieces back together and I bought a dash cover at AutoZone for $24 and it now looks a lot better and I don't have to worry about pieces of plastic hitting me in the face if I have an accident.

- , Monroeville, AL, USA