8.7

1. dodge should make this a major recall (84 reports)
  2. recall & replace at no cost to owner (73 reports)
  4. replace dashboard (24 reports)
  5. recall defective dash (4 reports)
  6. never buy another dodge (3 reports)
2000 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Ram 1500:

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 11)

Aug 202004

Ram 1500 3.8L V6

The dash board to my 2000 Dodge Pick up is all broken. There are several holes you can see through. It started as cracks now I have holes on my dash board. I believe the dealerships should recall the vehicles and replace them for free. I've talked to other Dodge owners who have the same problem.

- , Donna, TX, USA

Jan 142004

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

I bought my 2000 dodge ram 1500 in 2004 with 74000 mile on it. I found cracks in dash board after 1st month of ownership ,after a big piece fell out I started using duct tape. well you know how they say duct tape will fix anything,it wont. The truck looks good on the exterior but dash has just fell apart and gone. I purchased a carpet pad to cover my dash but now there is nothing left to hold up the pad.

Now my heater core is leaking and you have to pull dash to replace it and i don't know what I will end up with when I put it back together with no replacement parts anywhere. I think DODGE should do more than what their doing to fix the problem.The Problem I think started was when the company went to MEXICO for cheaper labor and parts.

- , Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Sep 112009

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L V8

I PURCHASED MY 2000 DODGE RAM 1500 WITH LOW MILES IN 2009, FROM THE LOCAL DODGE DEALER IN MISSOULA MT, AS SOON AS I HIT THE LOGGING ROADS MY DASH FELL APART. LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT THIS WAS SUCH A WIDE SPREAD ISSUE. DODGE SHOULD RECALL/REPLACE THIS DASH ISSUE, BECAUSE TOYOTA IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE MY NEXT PURCHASE.

- , Lolo, MT, USA

Mar 062008

Ram 1500 Sport 5.2L V8

I think it is bull sh*t that dodge will not make this a recall .The truck really looks good on the outside Then you open the doors and look at the inside it looks good on the inside until you look at the dash . The dash is so badly cracked that it makes the inside look like sh*t. Dodge needs to do something about it.My dash is so bad that its cracked from the front to the glove box and from the left side to the right side it is really bad

- , Punxsutawney, P.A, USA

May 012007

Ram 1500 Larime 5.9L V8

Just like the rest of you poor dodge owners, I too have the cracked unsightly dash and there's nothing you can do to stop it.. it just keeps cracking and getting worse. Dodge sucks ass for not doing something about this... they are one of the biggest dealers and can't man up to a mistake that they probably did on purpose to get more money in the future.

- , Schuylkill Haven, PA, USA

Dec 292007

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

When I purchased my truck it had a small crack running from the windshield to the dash face. Next in what seemed like only a couple of months the entire dash started to fall apart in pieces. I started a full out glue attack on the problem but I just could not keep up with the failure. This is an older truck so I thought no big deal but now with the rattling, pieces falling to my feet, headlight problems, and radio (speaker) failure I am starting to become concerned. What will happen after the sun is in there too long? Will there be a fire? Will my airbag fail, or worse yet fire off when it shouldn't? Is heat/defrost/ventilation next?

I really do love my Ram, but after seeing how such a petty failure is snowballing I am afraid that it will affect my plans to purchase the new one I had planned to get.

- , Hanover, PA, USA

May 202007

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

The cracks are so widespread that the dash has actually caved in right in the middle. Sharp, jagged pieces of plastic are sticking out mainly on the passenger side. I will not allow any of my kids to ride up front.

- , Cheyenne, WY, USA

Aug 042009

Ram 1500 1500 5.2L

I am very upset with the dashboard of my truck. It has holes where the plastic has broken. This is the first time something like this has happened to me. The material used for the dashboard is very poor quality. I am not buying anything from Dodge again. The dashboard cracking problem is stupid. Thank you

- , Amarillo, TX, USA

Aug 012005

Ram 1500 V6

This damn thing is a COMPLETE DISASTER. Huge pieces of the dash and facia are falling off. No part of the ENTIRE assembly is without cracks. It is literally disintegrating. I have never seen anything like this on any product! I mean the cheapest, shoddiest piece of crap.

- , Silsbee, TX, USA

Nov 052009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

I turned on my defrost last week to clear my windshield and after a few minutes heard a loud pop. I couldn't tell were the noise came from but later on that day I noticed a line coming off one of the heater vents on the dash and then I found another one that was even longer coming up from the vent on the driver side. This is the third issue I have had with plastic products in this Dodge pickup since I bought it new in December of 1999. I have replaced the Sunglasses holder three times and the parking brake handle once. Who ever is manufacturing this plastic isn't very good at it. I know if I go to my local dealer it will cost at least six hundred to thousand dollars to replace this dash cover.

- , Richland, WA, USA

Oct 192009

Ram 1500 5.2L

I know people.. some who i work with have the cracked dash problem..Why can't Dodge fix this problem with a total recall ?..There are too many dodge trucks having this cracked dash problem !

- , Pasadena, MD, USA

Jun 172009

Ram 1500 ST 5.9L

Dash is severely cracked for no reason. It looks like someone just beat the hell out of the dash. I believe the problem is from dodge using degraded plastic to make their dashboards. I have also heard of many people having this problem too. Dodge should definitely consider a recall. You don't see many other cars having this problem and it seems to be rampit with the dodges, which obviously points to a manufacturer defect! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALREADY!

- , Loveland, CO, USA

Jun 062007

Ram 1500 5.9L

bought a used dodge in February of 07 it had 130000 miles on it and dash had a huge hole in the driver side behind the gauges toward the middle of the dash i called dodge and they recommended that i take it to a dealer to have it inspected to see if it was caused by normal wear and tear or if it was defective. i talked to the service manager and asked him if there were any others like it and he lied and told me no ive never seen one do that before after doing some research on the internet i found out it is a common problem and dealer told me it was 1400.00 to replace it but the funny thing is that they discontinued the color of my interior so i would have to find one at a junk yard or have it painted to match, what a joke so its still broke and im still driving it as awful as it looks and dodge was absolutely no help and still no recalls ...i think it is also a safty hazard and maybe if some people would get a class action lawsuit against dodge maybe they might fix it

- , St Charles, MO, USA

Jul 152009

Ram 1500 1500 5.6L V8

Dodge must have used a plastic the knew would not hold up. The plastic is pure junk

- , Phoenix, MD, USA

Jan 012006

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

My dash is cracking all over the place! Now the front of the dash is cracking!! How do they expect you to pay all this money to buy this pickup and then have to pay for a new dash. Dodge should recall all these pickups and have them all fixed. With the economy the way it is and the price for gas now a days, they should be willing to help out all the customers! The customers help them by buying there vehicles, they deserve something in return

- , Beacon, NY, USA

Sep 042007

Ram 1500 Sport 5.0L V8

I'm really disappointed with Dodge. It's ashamed they won't stand behind their products. No more Dodge products for me.

- , Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Feb 042009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

I'm waiting for the airbags to fall out of the damn dashboard. I can't believe that Dodge hasn't doesn't something with this issue. You don't need to be an engineer to look at the dash and understand that an expansion joint or track would solve this problem.

- , Collegeville, PA, USA

Jul 082002

Ram 1500 SLT Laramie V8

Dash cracked, kept getting worse, now there is just a bezel, and vent, not even a dash. I bought a mat to put over it, but now there is nothing to support the mat. :(

- , Goose Creek, SC, USA

Jan 312008

Ram 1500 SLT V8

It started out as a small crack and then multiplied into large gaping holes in the dash. I am always receiving comments on how bad it looks but the cost to replace the dash is unbearable.

I understand the brakes, front end, or transmission may need repairing after a lot of mileage but not the dash!!!!

I have two options aside from replacing the dash - look poor with holes in the dash or look like I have bad taste with the cheap dashboard mats.

- , Savannah, GA, USA

Jun 012003

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

it didn't take long for the dash to come apart. now instrument trim is cracking

- , San Diego, CA, USA