8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (378 reports)
  2. replace dash (119 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (8 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 13 of 30)

May 152004

Ram 1500 318

Dodge has to live up to their commitment to quality...if not, next time my next truck will definitely be a GMC.

- , Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jul 152004

Ram 1500 MAG 5.9L

I WOULD LIKE FOR DODGE TOO PAY TOO HAVE MY DASH REPLACED.

THERE'S NO WAY THAT MY DASH SHOULD HAVE CRACKED THAT BAD IN SO

LITTLE TIME.

I ALWAYS KEEP MY WINDOWS CRACKED A LITTLE AT ALL TIMES.

- , Ligonier, IN, USA

Oct 012006

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

Dash Cover cracking (had to buy a dash cover to hide it) and recently the instrument bezel is not only cracking but falling apart, thank goodness for JP Weld! Love the truck but hate the way the dash looks...........

- , Fleming Island, FL, USA

Sep 182010

Ram 1500 V8

It's not just a small crack...it's a huge hole!!! It didn't just fall apart...it callapsed!!! I loved everything about my truck till this happened. Now I am embarrassed of it, it looks like crap!!! I won't buy another one, bet that!!!

- , Lowry City, MO, USA

Aug 032005

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

Dodge should pay to fix this. Paid $35,700.00 for truck and it didn't have a scratch. Since then my dash cracked and has been getting worse. With this stinking economy I don't have 700.00 to pay to fix it and I shouldn't have to since it seems to be a manufactures defect that happens as soon as a warranty runs out or they tell you your 's doesn't cover the dash. I have the Sport model which usually costs more to fix too.

- , Conway, AR, USA

Oct 012004

Ram 1500 4x4

Bought 1985 pickup right off the truck and 2000 Dodge Durango was also bought new. The 4x4 Ram 1500 was what I wanted, it was used with nothing wrong with the interior. Now the dashboard is crumbling until there is almost nothing left. I still have not replaced it.

- , Roebuck, SC, USA

Jul 102003

Ram 1500 5.9 LT MAGNUM

This should DEFINITELY be a Manufacturer Defect! Almost every RAM I see has this same problem. This needs to be a RECALL.! My truck is FLAWLESS , Except for the piece of crap dash. I have one of those DASH MATS on it but it dips down because so much of the dash is missing now.

- , Alexandria, LA, USA

Jul 212010

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.2

I noticed this problem when I returned from Iraq. My wife drove my truck a handful of times the year I was gone, but only a few hundred miles. She asked me on the phone how long it had been cracked. I dint notice it before I left. So between July, 2009, and July 2010 is when it happened. I definitely think Dodge should replace the dash, more as a safety issue than out of looks. I love the truck, and would definitely buy another Dodge. damn good truck

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 012010

Ram 1500 2DR 3.9

DODGE SHOULD HAVE A RECALL ON THESE BAD DASHBOARDS OR HAVE THEM FIXED. MINE IS SPLIT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF MY DASH. DEALER SAID IT WILL COST AT LEAST 700.00 DOLLARS TO FIX.

IF THIS IS A DEFECT WHY WON'T DODGE FIX THEM. IT'S NOT OUR PROBLEM IF IT IS BAD MATERIAL FROM THE FACTORY

- , Durham, NC, USA

Jun 052005

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

I've read a ton of complaints about cracked dashes on Dodge Rams so I felt inclined to post. Originally it was just a couple of cracks and I had planned to put on a cover when I returned from deployment. The blender door in my A/C unit had stripped so I had to remove the dash to replace it. When I removed the screws from the dash, it crumbled and fell apart. Now I have gaping holes in my dash and don't even think there is enough dash left to attach a cover to. This is clearly a manufacturing defect and I'm now very concerned. I've read many complaints about exposed wiring. I now have this problem. I've spoken with a couple of master mechanics from Dodge off the record and they claim that even to this date Dodge is using the same process for dashboards. Dodge needs to issue a recall for this problem or at least pay for the replacement.

- , Middleburg, FL, USA

Jul 152005

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

life long dodge owner very disappointed in this problem. dodge should stand behind with a recall or compensation to all the owners.

- , Marshalltown, IA, USA

May 122009

Ram 1500 LX 3.2L V6

Went out from work and the dash had cracked straight across on the passanger side then it contued to break apart ,My question is what effect will this have on the air bag since it is mounted under the dash , I think dodge should replace each one since this was a defect on all the 1998 through 2006 they can not say it was from abuse.

- , Farmington, AR, USA

Aug 082010

Ram 1500 V6

I just want this fixed. I am concerned that this is an electrical safety hazard especially when my family is riding with me. No vehicle should fall apart like this dashboard did. It just crumbled and cracked to pieces.

- , Byram, MS, USA

Oct 012005

Ram 1500 V8

Purchased truck summer of 2005 from dealer. Second owner. Only 32,000 miles when purchased with an extended Gold warrenty to 75,000 miles. By October 2005 we noticed significant cracks forming on dash top and the sunglass holder clip broke off and would not stay closed. Tried to keep it conditioned and covered but dash began breaking into pieces. Took to dealership but our expensive bumber to bumber extended warrenty excluded interior trim! Quoted $700 to replace dash but told most likely all would need to be replaced as it would break as they started to take things apart. They knew it was all crap! Replacement would be same crap plastic and told most likely would do the same.

Began looking for other options when we started seeing other people with same problems. It's Sept. 2010 and we have no dash...front dash plastic now also cracking and breaking off...glovebox broke off...junk! Truck only has 46,000 miles on it. Looks new till you look inside! Will buy a Ford or Toyota Truck next time!

- , Smithville, TX, USA

Aug 192010

Ram 1500 ES 5.9L V8

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard

I've been told this is common on dodge trucks. After reading about all of the complaints on on this vehicle's dash cracking, it is bullshit that the dodge company is not having a recall on this cheap ass plastic.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Jul 142009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

Dash board cracked even though I used a dash protector every time I parked the truck outside. The truck is normally stored in a garage. I do not know why they say American made when they contain so many import parts.

- , Arlington, TN, USA

Sep 022010

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 5.2L

The cracks in the dash were first noticed back in summer of 2007 when they made a noticeable vibration noise,,,,,I had hoped that they would not get worse but today as I was driving to work a large piece of the dash top just caved in on an angle right infront of the steering wheel. I reached up and pulled out the large totally fractured piece and when i took it out, another piece caved in and then another and then yet another.....In total, 5 pieces just snapped off ....I couldnt believe it...I thought my truck was desintegrating right before my eyes and as I was driving it. I had never seen or even heard of dashboards breaking up with this kind of severity......When I got to work and showed some co-workers what had happened, They too could not beleive it until they looked at it themselves. One co-worker suggested I google "Dodge Ram recalls" with the reasoning that if it happened to me then it must have happened to other Dodge Ram owners as well.....Obviously he was right....On this site alone the cracked dashboards of Dodge Ram complaints numbred over 300...Exactly how many Complaints must be noted for the exact same problem before Dodge decides to treat there customers with some amount of Respect and appreciation

Billy

- , Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 1500 4.6L V8

Well my dash has almost fallen thru...this is ridiculous!! I thought it was just me, but come to find out all these models do it. This is a MAJOR SAFETY issue. I went to trade my truck in and come to find out the salesman told me that all the Dodge's he has seen have the same problem with cracking dashes. So, of course they didnt want to give me what my truck was worth due to my dash. DODGE NEEDS TO RECALL THIS PROBLEM!! I am really concerned especially if I had a wreck there is nothing there to protect me. My dash is at the point where its getting ready to fall completely thru..I mean its in pieces. I shouldn't have to pay to fix it, when all these models are having the same problem. Its dropping the value on the truck. DODGE YOU NEED TO HAVE A RECALL!!

- , Nicholasville, KY, USA

Mar 012009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

A piece of the broken dash top fell through the dash and lodged behind the gas pedal. I was able to coast to a parking lot where I was able to remove it. I can only imagine how much worse this would have been had it fallen behind the break pedal.

- , Columbus, GA, USA

Sep 132005

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

i THINK DODGE SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS . IF IT WAS ONE OR TWO OK BUT ITS EVERONE OF THEM THAT YOU SEE.

- , Georgetown, TN, USA