8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (373 reports)
  2. replace dash (114 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 14 of 30)

May 052009

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 318 V8

Dodge, now a part of Fiat, I know you are not listening (because I called you and you blew me off), and it is obvious you don't care about your customers.

Like so many people here on this board and all over the USA, my Dodge truck dash is a mess. I make a point of talking to Dodge truck owners whenever I see them and ask about their dash. Every time, same answer, LOOK AT THIS!!! LOOK AT MY DASH!

Almost everyone then goes on to say – I will NEVER buy another DODGE.

Goodbye DODGE – Your existence is coming to a close. You just don't get it.

Trucker in the great state of South Carolina

- , Fort Mill, SC, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 1500 XL 5.9L V8

I called Dodge, which yeilded no results. They gave me a price of $1200 to have them to replace it ,or $600 for them to sell me one to install myself. I feel that they should stand behind their product. I loved my Dodge, but after this, I don't think I'll buying a Dodge again. Chevy here I come !!!

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 262006

Ram 1500 5.2L

My husband has this 2001 dodge 1500 2x4 5.2lL and the dash is completly caved in now!!!! If Dodge paid off there bank rupse so fast with the goverment then WHY can't they fix these problems with the dash boards caving in? WHY should we pay to fix there problem!!! I think if everyone write or goes to oour goverment or the main plant for Dodge something would get done about this problem!!!!!!!!! or even hire a Attoney's to make dodge pay there problem!!!!

- , Wimauma, FL, USA

May 052010

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

Bought my truck in 2005 and really love it, It had 57,000 miles when I got it and I haven't done anything except routine maintenence. I noticed that while cleaning it up the dash has started cracking in several places and found this site while looking for a replacement dash and bezel. I spoke to the Dodge dealer and they were more than willing to sale me the replacement parts that should not need replacing to begin with. After finding this site I am considering contacting my congressman with this sites information and see if he can find out why Dodge won't fix the problem. I mean heck, it's worth a try, and it just might work since Dodge took Bail Out money.

- , Cookeville, TN, USA

Oct 152008

Ram 1500 2 DR 3.2L V6

Dash has multiple cracks and continues. Needs to be replaced very soon. Hopefully dodge will back its product. For me as a consumer I will be very reluctant to buy another Dodge/Chrysler product again unless dodge will fix the dash on my vehicle. Hope to hear about a recall in 2010 for me to continue purchasing another Dodge/Chrysler product. There are so many consumers out there that are disappointed and affected with there dodge vehicles. We need help now. July 2010

Update from Aug 9, 2010: Called up Chrysler got talked to someone there and told me to take it to a dealer to look at the dash for there opinion. I then got got a call from Chrysler who told me that they would replace the dash. The job would cost $2000 dollars but I only have to pay $425 dollars which is a lot better then the full cost for the dash. Which means I am paying the 425 to get it installed. Chrysler will take care of the rest. Hopefully through Chrysler's case workers a lot more 2001 dodge owners will be able to have the same thing I had done and fixed

- , Bensalem, PA, USA

May 182009

Ram 1500 Ram 1500 5.2L V8

Manufacturers should be paying attention to issues like these, so they can improve their products, not just ignore the customers. I will start looking into Jap.... car dash boards I may find one that fit a Dodge and problem resolve.

- , Oakland Park, FL, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 1500 SLE 5.9L

this is a problem with every dodge ram i have seen without a dash rugcover here in florida . Other owners think it is caused by the sun . If this a fact what does chysler corp suggest as a remedy . No one i have spoke with has never had any success with their dealers.

- , Fountain, FL, USA

Jul 102004

Ram 1500 3.2L

I'VE HAVE THIS TRUCK SINCE 2000, I DID O MILES, AND I REALLY LIKE MY TRUCK ,BUT THAT'S ONLY PROBLEM I HAS NOW, SO I NEED TO FIND THE WAY TO FIX IT. HOW OR WHERE CAN I FIND IT, IF ANYONE OF YOU FIND THE SOLUTION PLEASE CONTACT TO ME AT 228- 547-6140. OR E-MAIL TO ME. thank's

- , Gulfport, MS, USA

Feb 102006

Ram 1500 3.8L V8

MY DASHBOARD ON 2001 DODGE RAM IS COMPLETELY CRAKED IT LOOKS AS IF IT IS MISSING THE DASH, EXCEPT IN THE AREAS WHERE SOMETHING IS HOLDING IT IN PLACE NOT EVEN A COVER COULD COULD HELP I BOUGHT THE TRUCK BRAND NEW. AND COME TO FIND OUT IT WAS NEVER UNDER WARRANTY AND I NOTICED THIS SITE TO FIND OUT I WAS NOT THE ONLY PERSON. MY WHOLE FAMILY ARE DODGE FANATICS BUT AFTER THIS THEY WENT TO FOREIGN VEHICLES.

THANKS DODGE FOR MAKING A GREAT AMERICAN CAR. I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT THIS AMERICAN CAR NEEDS TO TAKE THE US LOGO OFF ALL TOGETHER HOW EMBARASSING

- , Hemet, CA, USA

May 042009

Ram 1500 V8

I have a 2001 ford F150 and a 2001 Dodge Ram. My Ford dashboard looks great and my Dodge dash board looks terrible. Hard to sell a truck with crack down the middle of the dashboard. If Dodge does not step up and own this problem -- this will be the last dodge truck I will own!!

- , La Crosse, WA, USA

May 002006

Ram 1500 Slt Lariat -off Road 5.9L V8

I purchased 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 off-road package brand new. Never had a mechanical issue, but in 2006 dash cracked from front to back. Then a chunk fell out completely. I have lived with it long enough. great truck-sh*tty dash.

- , Norwood, NC, USA

Oct 162008

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

If there so many people out there and so many complaints why isn't Dodge steping up to the plate or t he Government ,to correct this problem. This is bullshit!

- , Cypress, TX, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 1500 sport 360

This is the worse truck I ever owen 2 trannys , 3 rear ends , and the dash board that crackes in frount of you , I should Have bought a Toyto or a Nession they get recalls buy Japaniees better than a American-Mexican Truck I guess they were build on a Taco day I had a dodge in the 70's when Leicolia ran the company and the cars and trucks were good I was with the FHP in Fl and run grand fury no problems 130 mph I am affraid to go fast with this truck it will disintergrate , and puke on the road bye oh the Federal H.W has OVER 900 complains about the dash I guess we are not uppies but country people so this Nov throw the bumb out of office in D.C. and we gett better cars and trucks

Update from Jan 5, 2011: Still waiting for a recall Damm the hell Toyoto get a recall now my dash look no word for it

When is the Fed, going to recall this truck two thousand owe on it and it is falling apart my 94 Chev

had 500,000 on it till the eng went no rear end problems , or trannies I wore it out

- , Girardville, pa, USA

Sep 012007

Ram 1500

I thought it was an isolated thing until I found this web site. My dash is comlpletely cracked and my front speakers don't work. I have a buddy with the same year truck with the same problem. You can bet I'm going to tell him to voice his complaint as well.

- , St Petersburg, FL, USA

Apr 052010

Ram 1500 5.2L

My wife and I bought the truck in like new condition. It had 32,000 miles on it. IT has been really dependable and I've had no mechanical problems with the truck however, the dashboard cracked about a month ago and it' has gone from bad to worse. I have cracks that just show up. I'm not talking about a little crack; I'm talking about from just below the windshield all the way to the edge of the dashboard above the instrument cluster. The latest one wasn't there on Friday night when I parked the truck but, it was there when I got back into it Saturday morning. It goes from the front (just below the windshield) above the passenger side air bag and glove box, all the way to the air bag. It looks like sh*t!

- , Largo, FL, USA

Jun 102007

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

Bought this truck used in 2006, dash only had one long crack in it, from front to back, in about a year it looked like a shattered piece of glass, pieces of the dash have fallen down in behind the dash! I have a replacement dash, top half, DODGE dealership wanted $700.00, told me they would have to drop the entire dash-board and it would take about 8 hours. Hmmm yeah...right! I bought a dash cover from Cover King just to cover it up. With so so many of these going to crap, why don't they (Chrysler/Dodge) do something about it?? Goes to show how much they stand behind their product huh? I will never have another Dodge Truck, yes because of this dash problem that Dodge refuses to face up too, cheap a$$ material and brittle plastic. Thank you Chrysler/DODGE for making such a nice piece!

- , Carthage, NC, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 1500 XLT Lariat 4x4 302

Same issue as everyone here. Cracked dash. A basketball sized hole right over the steering wheel, and a ton of more cracks all over. Tried to sell the truck the other day (trade-in) and because of the dash, they wouldn't even give me a value. So now what do I do with it?

- , Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500 LS 3.2L V6

I am not happy about the dash it makes the truck look terrible. I wish Dodge would step up and fix this obvious defect.

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jun 092009

Ram 1500 V8

I bought my 2001 dodge ram 1500 in 2005. I had no problems with it UNTIL the dash cracked and it continued to crack and now it's a big mess. I think with as many problems that have occured with the dashes from the dodge trucks, they (dodge co.) should replace them FREE of charge to the loyal customers. I think that would be fair and it may help with the bad rep they are getting for not backing up their product. If Dodge Co. values their customers they need to prove it! OR make their products less cheap made.

- , Parkersburg, WV, USA

Dec 012007

Ram 1500 V8

Love my truck but not happy with the fact that the dash board cracked straight across. It is an eye sore and it keeps getting bigger. I brought the car used and a few months later I noticed the crack.

- , South Amboy, NJ, USA