1. Dodge should issue a recall (372 reports)
  2. replace dash (112 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 15 of 30)

Jul 212007

Ram 1500 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

This is bull. I also have a 91 convertible from FL., it`s dashboard isn't cracked. Why should anyone buy a new car or truck. The older ones were built better and stronger.

- , Burtchville, MI, USA

Mar 192010

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

You know at least Toyota has stepped to the plate. My next truck will be a Toyota, I will drive this dodge until then...with a sign in the window asking everyone to "Look at my Crack!!!" .....And think twice about dodge.

- , Rock HIll, SC, USA

Mar 302009

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

Well, I'm glad to be in such grand company. My dash started cracking before I bought it back in 3/2009 but now the cracks are "HOLES". It's efffing ridiculous that Dodge won't help. I won't have another. This by the way is acting as the Cherry on top of the Sh*t Sundae I had when only one month after purchase, the Transmission went out.....$2500.00 later I'm driving a truck with huge craters in the dash. REALLY SUX!!!

- , Balch Springs, TX, USA

Jan 152009

Ram 1500 SLT

I have noticed a number of complaints about the dash breaking on the Ram pickups. I only have 59000 miles on my pickup but the dash has huge cracks in it. I just sold my 1989 Chev. K10 pickup without a problem with the interior. What is up with the Dodge Dash?

- , Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 152009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

at first I thought that this was an isolated occurrence, but it seems everyone with this truck has the same problem, my dash has new crack almost everyday it seems, this is ridiculous, I've tried glue and it cracks in a new place plus it looks like sh*t. I don't want to replace it with a new piece of crap, this really needs to be addressed by dodge but i'm sure it won't be, guess i'll just have to go to Chevy or ford next time!

- , Hampton, TN, USA

Oct 202004

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L V8

I thought this was more of an isolated incident at the time due to living in New Mexico with hot, dry summers. Once I saw how prevalent this is, it became obvious that it is a materials issue that Dodge should have corrected. I won't buy another Dodge, but that would be the case even without this problem.

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Feb 202004

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

Called dodge dealer they said it would be $1000. to replace the dash ! went to junk yard and all the 2001 dodges had the same problem ! All cracked ! not one good dash in the bunch ! No wonder they had to take money from the tax payers ! Hope dodge goes the way of the etzel ! Never buy another one ! F*ck dodge ! What a bunch of f*cking losers ! I will tell everyone i know to stay away from dodge products !! And the dealers are sh*t ! Rude as f*ck to me ! Dodge sucks ass !!!!!!

- , Santee, CA, USA

Feb 222006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

The company really should pay to fix this problem do to a defect in the materials used to make the dash.i have two basketball size holes in the dash that i covered up with a dash pad.

- , Epworth, GA, USA

Feb 142009

Ram 1500

It makes my Dodge look like crap, everyone who gets in my truck asks me about it. It is giving Dodge a bad name. To make matters worse they don't offer a discounted rate to fix it, have no dash mats for sale at the dealership, and generally do not care about the integrity of there product, name, or vehicle owners.

- , Pleasanton, CA, USA

Jul 152009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

Well, I can see that I am not the only one that this has happened to. I just cant figure out with the amount of cases, why Dodge wont stand by their product!

- , Sandy, UT, USA

Dec 092008

Ram 1500 V6

It started with a small crack on my dashboard; within a few months the whole dashboard starting caving in. It seemed that everytime I got into my truck the problem became worse. Finally last year (2009) the whole dashboard caved in. I have never seen anything like it considering my truck has low mileage for the age that it is. I don't want a carpet cover-up for it....I want a replacement for the dashboard so it will not look like a quick fixer. There is definitely something that Dodge has to do since there are so many complaints with the same problem. HELP!!

Update from Mar 31, 2010: I finally talked with Dodge on 3/22/10 regarding the dashboard issue. They told me to take it to the Dodge dealer and get a tech to look at it and give an estimate at my expense. I took it in this week and had the tech look at it (no charge). The dealership said it would cost $1,500 to replace the dash. Dodge called me back and wanted to know the name of the dealership, because they wanted to contact them. They contacted the dealership and called me back on 3/31/10 saying "Good news, Dodge will replace it but I have to pay the $500 deductible. Are they crazy. That is a higher deductible than I pay on my auto insurance. And I guess I don't understand why there is a deductible or why I should have to pay anything because this problem is not caused by something we did or did not do. It is a faulty material that was used in making the dashboard. Dodge should make deals with the manufacturer of the dashboard and the two of them get together and work out the expense. They said I had 30 days to decide. I really wish an attorney would get in on this and help all of us who are facing this problem. I too believe that there needs to be a class action lawsuit concerning this matter. I am not through arguing with Dodge yet. We should all get together and go after Dodge to make this right.

- , Forney, TX, USA

Feb 022006

Ram 1500 SL 5.9L

cracked, then an 8x8 inch square in front of passenger fell thru. same thing happened to a coworkers 2000 and also his sons. turned me off of dodge.

- , Rocky Point, NC, USA

Oct 132009

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

My dash if falling apart, pieces are falling off. I have a huge crack from the windshield to the dash control panel, have a hole in front of my steering wheel, more minor cracks located else where in the dash. This should not be happening without some type of physical damage/impact but it is. I have even tried to glue it back together only to have it split in another location.... if I keep this up, I will have a dash formed out of glue.

- , Denison, TX, USA

Dec 302009

Ram 1500 5.9L

Had an 82 dodge truck for twenty years and the dash is still perfect but my 01 truck is cracking all over the dash and apparently there is no fix but to cover it up while it continues to fall apart or pay $1000 to replace it with the same quality dash at the dealer. Last dodge for me.

- , Cleveland, TX, USA

Nov 012004

Ram 1500

Will Dodge step up to the plate and do the right thing to fix this obvious problem? Looking at the internet this surely seems to be a common problem.

- , Windsor, VA, USA

Jun 092004

Ram 1500 LST 5.9L V8

The dash board for the Dodge is a peice of junk. I have an 01 truck and the dash started cracking on in only 2 years after I got it. I tried some using some armoral at first thinking poor care was the issue. But the cracking never slowed down no matter how often I shined it up. So now after 9 years of use I don't even think there is enough dash there to put a clip on cover on it. The dash needs to be replaced, and Dodge needs to get off their butt and get er done if they ever want me to purchase my 3rd vehicle from them.

- , Angleton, TX, USA

Feb 072010

Ram 1500 Sport V8

My dashboard is cracked, looks like it shattered, why isn't this a recall yet? My stereo speakers are not working very well now and I wonder if this could lead to serious electrical problems later which could be a safety issue.

- , Woodland, CA, USA

Apr 142005

Ram 1500 1500 5.6L

My family and I are dodge owners but after hearing that dodge will not replace the dashboard, I was so mad that when i finished paying this truck. I went out and bought a Chevy Silverado. My son bought his first car last year and wanted a charger, but when i told him aboout my dashboard and he knows we have bought dodge for decades now, decided to buy a ford mustang! My family and I will never buy dodge again ever!!!!!!!!!

- , Ventura, CA, USA

Dec 142006

Ram 1500 ST 5.2L

every time i touch the dash it seems to crack it is so brittle, i hit a pot hole and a piece hit me in the face.

- , Hinesville, GA, USA

Jul 152005

Ram 1500 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

This truck in a peice of crap , I hate that anyone spends there hard earned money on something and try to take care of it and it just falls apart infront of your eyes. I cannot undersatnd why Dodge doesnt fix this problem . I have a 5 year old son i cannot let ride in this vehicle because i am afraid he will get cut from touching the dash .

It is a safty issue because the peices that fall out or sharp and big just amazing to me it hasnt been recalled I guess someone will have to get killed before anything is done. I will never buy another Chysler product because of this very issue , I really think its a good looking truck but i hjave replaced to many parts on this thing to trust another one in the future . This is why the American automotive industry is in the shape it is and everyone is buying from overseas companies ....

- , Vinton, VA, USA