8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (378 reports)
  2. replace dash (119 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (8 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 15 of 30)

Feb 102006

Ram 1500 3.8L V8

MY DASHBOARD ON 2001 DODGE RAM IS COMPLETELY CRAKED IT LOOKS AS IF IT IS MISSING THE DASH, EXCEPT IN THE AREAS WHERE SOMETHING IS HOLDING IT IN PLACE NOT EVEN A COVER COULD COULD HELP I BOUGHT THE TRUCK BRAND NEW. AND COME TO FIND OUT IT WAS NEVER UNDER WARRANTY AND I NOTICED THIS SITE TO FIND OUT I WAS NOT THE ONLY PERSON. MY WHOLE FAMILY ARE DODGE FANATICS BUT AFTER THIS THEY WENT TO FOREIGN VEHICLES.

THANKS DODGE FOR MAKING A GREAT AMERICAN CAR. I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT THIS AMERICAN CAR NEEDS TO TAKE THE US LOGO OFF ALL TOGETHER HOW EMBARASSING

- , San Jacinto, CA, US

May 042009

Ram 1500 V8

I have a 2001 ford F150 and a 2001 Dodge Ram. My Ford dashboard looks great and my Dodge dash board looks terrible. Hard to sell a truck with crack down the middle of the dashboard. If Dodge does not step up and own this problem -- this will be the last dodge truck I will own!!

- , La Crosse, WA, USA

May 002006

Ram 1500 Slt Lariat -off Road 5.9L V8

I purchased 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 off-road package brand new. Never had a mechanical issue, but in 2006 dash cracked from front to back. Then a chunk fell out completely. I have lived with it long enough. great truck-sh*tty dash.

- , Norwood, NC, USA

Oct 162008

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

If there so many people out there and so many complaints why isn't Dodge steping up to the plate or t he Government ,to correct this problem. This is bullshit!

- , Cypress, TX, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 1500 sport 360

This is the worse truck I ever owen 2 trannys , 3 rear ends , and the dash board that crackes in frount of you , I should Have bought a Toyto or a Nession they get recalls buy Japaniees better than a American-Mexican Truck I guess they were build on a Taco day I had a dodge in the 70's when Leicolia ran the company and the cars and trucks were good I was with the FHP in Fl and run grand fury no problems 130 mph I am affraid to go fast with this truck it will disintergrate , and puke on the road bye oh the Federal H.W has OVER 900 complains about the dash I guess we are not uppies but country people so this Nov throw the bumb out of office in D.C. and we gett better cars and trucks

Update from Jan 5, 2011: Still waiting for a recall Damm the hell Toyoto get a recall now my dash look no word for it

When is the Fed, going to recall this truck two thousand owe on it and it is falling apart my 94 Chev

had 500,000 on it till the eng went no rear end problems , or trannies I wore it out

- , Girardville, pa, USA

Sep 012007

Ram 1500

I thought it was an isolated thing until I found this web site. My dash is comlpletely cracked and my front speakers don't work. I have a buddy with the same year truck with the same problem. You can bet I'm going to tell him to voice his complaint as well.

- , St Petersburg, FL, USA

Apr 052010

Ram 1500 5.2L

My wife and I bought the truck in like new condition. It had 32,000 miles on it. IT has been really dependable and I've had no mechanical problems with the truck however, the dashboard cracked about a month ago and it' has gone from bad to worse. I have cracks that just show up. I'm not talking about a little crack; I'm talking about from just below the windshield all the way to the edge of the dashboard above the instrument cluster. The latest one wasn't there on Friday night when I parked the truck but, it was there when I got back into it Saturday morning. It goes from the front (just below the windshield) above the passenger side air bag and glove box, all the way to the air bag. It looks like sh*t!

- , Largo, FL, USA

Jun 102007

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

Bought this truck used in 2006, dash only had one long crack in it, from front to back, in about a year it looked like a shattered piece of glass, pieces of the dash have fallen down in behind the dash! I have a replacement dash, top half, DODGE dealership wanted $700.00, told me they would have to drop the entire dash-board and it would take about 8 hours. Hmmm yeah...right! I bought a dash cover from Cover King just to cover it up. With so so many of these going to crap, why don't they (Chrysler/Dodge) do something about it?? Goes to show how much they stand behind their product huh? I will never have another Dodge Truck, yes because of this dash problem that Dodge refuses to face up too, cheap a$$ material and brittle plastic. Thank you Chrysler/DODGE for making such a nice piece!

- , Carthage, NC, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 1500 XLT Lariat 4x4 302

Same issue as everyone here. Cracked dash. A basketball sized hole right over the steering wheel, and a ton of more cracks all over. Tried to sell the truck the other day (trade-in) and because of the dash, they wouldn't even give me a value. So now what do I do with it?

- , Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500 LS 3.2L V6

I am not happy about the dash it makes the truck look terrible. I wish Dodge would step up and fix this obvious defect.

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jun 092009

Ram 1500 V8

I bought my 2001 dodge ram 1500 in 2005. I had no problems with it UNTIL the dash cracked and it continued to crack and now it's a big mess. I think with as many problems that have occured with the dashes from the dodge trucks, they (dodge co.) should replace them FREE of charge to the loyal customers. I think that would be fair and it may help with the bad rep they are getting for not backing up their product. If Dodge Co. values their customers they need to prove it! OR make their products less cheap made.

- , Parkersburg, WV, USA

Dec 012007

Ram 1500 V8

Love my truck but not happy with the fact that the dash board cracked straight across. It is an eye sore and it keeps getting bigger. I brought the car used and a few months later I noticed the crack.

- , South Amboy, NJ, USA

Sep 252006

Ram 1500 SE 5.9L

I have a cracked dashboard/along with several other people,why can't dodge fix it.They should stand behind there trucks.

- , Lancaster, PA, USA

Jul 012003

Ram 1500 V8

Dash started to crack around 2 years after I owned it. Dodge needs to recall them and pay for everything. Does anyone know of any replacement dashes at an excellent price?

- , Summerfield, FL, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 1500

loved my dodge ram until it started going to sh*t. started with the clear coat then dash started cracking. tried to glue it back together and that worked for a minute. then got as many new cracks as the ones i glued. my dash looked like a road map until I closed my door the other day and the whole @#$%&*! thing caved in. waiting now for something else to happen. hey dodge you can't polish a turd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Gulfport, MS, US

Jul 212007

Ram 1500 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

This is bull. I also have a 91 convertible from FL., it`s dashboard isn't cracked. Why should anyone buy a new car or truck. The older ones were built better and stronger.

- , Burtchville, MI, USA

Mar 192010

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

You know at least Toyota has stepped to the plate. My next truck will be a Toyota, I will drive this dodge until then...with a sign in the window asking everyone to "Look at my Crack!!!" .....And think twice about dodge.

- , Rock HIll, SC, USA

Mar 302009

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

Well, I'm glad to be in such grand company. My dash started cracking before I bought it back in 3/2009 but now the cracks are "HOLES". It's efffing ridiculous that Dodge won't help. I won't have another. This by the way is acting as the Cherry on top of the Sh*t Sundae I had when only one month after purchase, the Transmission went out.....$2500.00 later I'm driving a truck with huge craters in the dash. REALLY SUX!!!

- , Balch Springs, TX, USA

Jan 152009

Ram 1500 SLT

I have noticed a number of complaints about the dash breaking on the Ram pickups. I only have 59000 miles on my pickup but the dash has huge cracks in it. I just sold my 1989 Chev. K10 pickup without a problem with the interior. What is up with the Dodge Dash?

- , Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 152009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

at first I thought that this was an isolated occurrence, but it seems everyone with this truck has the same problem, my dash has new crack almost everyday it seems, this is ridiculous, I've tried glue and it cracks in a new place plus it looks like sh*t. I don't want to replace it with a new piece of crap, this really needs to be addressed by dodge but i'm sure it won't be, guess i'll just have to go to Chevy or ford next time!

- , Hampton, TN, USA