8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (378 reports)
  2. replace dash (119 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (8 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 25 of 30)

Jan 172007

Ram 1500 1500 5.8L

There are three cracks in the dash. They run from the windshield to the front where the vents are located.

- , Oak Grove, MO, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L Ltr

Over the past winter a small crack opened (right side) just above the glove box/airbag. It now is cracked to the recess were the mounting hardware attaches the dash to the body.

Last month the left cracked and in a matter of days the whole left side broke up into several major fractures and is falling apart. The electronics are now exposed it gets worse every time I drive it. I spoke to the dealer who said Dodge will not do anything unless it is a safety issue. How can exposing the instruments and control to open air not be a safety issue. any rain or other moisture can now get into the dash. Open a soft drink that sprays a bit and you can sort the instrument cluster. I have read several complaints about it on this and other sites. How do you clean the windshield without risking electrical problems?

- , Bay Shore, NY, USA

Jul 212008

Ram 1500 V6

I noticed today that my 2001 Ram 1500 dash was also cracked on the right side above the glove box near the windshield. Seems like we should have some recourse as to get it fixed. We paid for it already and should expect it to last. Nothing looks worse than a cracked up shabby looking dash. And from what I read in the other complaints, The Dodge Boys don't give a hoot. Well, if they don't care for our problems, then I sure will not worry about buying another Dodge. And I hate that because I like Dodges best.

- , Silsbee, TX, USA

Jan 112005

Ram 1500 STL 5.2L

I called Dodge about my cracked dashboard and they told me that this has never happened before. Now that I am here it is very annoying to find out that others have the same problem. I love the truck but hate the service of Dodge. DODGE SERVICE SUCKS

- , Hughson, CA, USA

Feb 012008

Ram 1500 Sport V8

my dash board is cracked with pieces falling out!!!!!!! unbelievable what a piece of junk! It should be a RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dodge should face it they made a big mistake and like the transmission problems that keep people from buying dodge products this is another sore spot against dodge they should admit they made a mistake and do something about it.

- , Bordentown, NJ, USA

Mar 102004

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

I love this truck and I have family that works for Chrysler, but I can't bring myself to purchase another Chrysler product because they won't stand behind their current ones. I have large holes in the dash where pieces have fell out while driving down the road. The local service manager says their is nothing they can do without a recall. I feel that this could possibly be a safety hazard since the dash is cracking all the way around the air bag. The price for a replacement is close to $1,000 dollars if you have the dealership do it. I work for the state of Florida and all of the state vehicles have the same problem. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

- , Polk City, FL, USA

Apr 052008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I CAN'T believe Dodge is NOT recalling this JUNK dashboard. This cracked for NO reason except it's JUNK! This is my 2nd Dodge truck and if not fixed, I'll NEVER buy another Dodge product again. FORD F-150, here I come!!

- , Enfield, CT, USA

Jul 262005

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L Magnum

My truck was hardly 5 years old with less than 40,000 miles when the dash started cracking all over. Even the front bezel is cracked. I don't live in an area of extreme cold and this truck does not sit out in the sun for long periods unprotected. It is definitely a defect that dodge should own up to. I've been a MOPAR man all my life but I recently purchased a KIA for my wife. I wanted a quality vehicle from a company that backs their product. You can't get that from Dodge anymore.

- , Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Feb 132007

Ram 1500 318

I will never buy another Dodge product if they don't recall this one!

- , Livingston, LA, USA

Jun 142006

Ram 1500 Limited V8

Dodge should have a recall on the dashboards. mine has cracks running all across the dash and one big gaping hole in the middle of it

- , Leesburg, GA, USA

Jun 012003

Ram 1500 5.9L

This started as a crack and pieces started breaking off. I have purchased a dash cover but that is just a quick fix. Contacted Dodge, they said they couldn't do anything about it due to the mileage. What a typical comment by those who don't want to be responsible for their product.

- , Ocala, FL, US

Apr 172003

Ram 1500 Sport 360

I'll never buy another dodge! broke cup holder,and two week after I, purchased the truck the transmission need replaced

- , 124 Oak St., WV, USA

Jan 122007

Ram 1500 V8

i thought it happened just from the cold conditions where i live. From the looks of it,this is a manufacture defect.

- , la Pine, OR, USA

Jan 072008

Ram 1500 5.9L

This is a serious problem that Dodge should take care of and issue a recall. If they cared how their customers felt and wanted them to return they would fix the problem. Or loose many more customers then they already have!

- , New Baltimore, MI, USA

Jul 052007

Ram 1500 LST 5.2L

BOUGHT MY TRUCK 3.5 YEARS AGO. GOT EXTENDED WARRANTY.(BAD CHOICE). AFTER ONE YEAR I NOTICE A CRACK 8" LONG ON MY DASH. WENT TO DEALER AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS NOT COVERED. BUT THEY COULD REPLACE IT FOR $2000.00. I WAS FLOORED. TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET THEM TO COME DOWN ON COST. GOT THEM DOWN TO 1000.00. COULD NOT AFFORD. DASH IS NOW IN ABOUT 6+ PCS. AND IN SOME PLACES DASH FELL IN. SO I BOUGHT DASH COVER. EVERYONE LIKES THE COVER AND I AM JUST DISAPPOINTED IN MY DEALER. WONT BE GETTING ANY VEHICLE FROM THEN AGAIN.

- , Goose Creek, S. C, USA

Jun 012006

Ram 1500 Magnum V6

THE DASH ON MY TRUCK LOOKS WORSE THEN FRANKENSTEIN!!!!!!! HUGE CRACK FROM WINDSHIELD TO DASH PANEL AND WINDSHIELD TO GLOVE BOX. HORRIBLE LOOKING, THE OUTSIDE HAS LESS WEAR!! EVERYONE I KNOW THAT DRIVES A DODGE 2001 AND EVEN SOME OTHER MODELS HAVE CRACKED UP DASHES. LOOKS LIKE THE DASH GOT "RAMMED", AND WE ALL GOT SCREWED.

- , Booneville, AR, USA

Feb 252006

Ram 1500 LS 5.2L V8

My dash cracked in 2005 so I bought a dash cover for it. Now in 2008 I was bothered by noise so I took the cover off and found that the dash was totally falling apart. Looking online I see that hundreds of people have this problem. Dodge should recall these trucks.

- , Sarasota, FL, USA

Aug 222007

Ram 1500 1500 3.7L

Ya i had to replace my frickin dash on my dodge. It cost 800 dollars just for dodge to do the work because no auto place would touch it. it then cost me 200 dollars just for the dash. Dodge needs to recall their product before it actually kills someone. i wish dodge would get it together because im going to take it to a lawyer and then sue them for everything if they dont back their product. HEY DODGE STOP BEING SUCH A COWARD AND FIX YOUR MISTAKES KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

- , Vacaville, CA, USA

May 032008

Ram 1500 REG CAB 3.9L V6

truck has a large crack in the dashboard from front window to bottom of dash on passenger side. this is a safety issue as passenger airbag may not work properly, electrical issues may occur, dash lights may fail. this needs to be recalled by dodge and replaced at no cost to current owner.

- , Plano, TX, US

Jul 042005

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

The dash is breaking apart. Pieces, largest one is about 2 x 4 inches. Cracks all along entire dash. Will never buy another Dodge because they do not stand behind their products.

This item needs to be recalled.

- , Lakewood, CA, USA