8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (373 reports)
  2. replace dash (114 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 25 of 30)

Apr 172003

Ram 1500 Sport 360

I'll never buy another dodge! broke cup holder,and two week after I, purchased the truck the transmission need replaced

- , 124 Oak St., WV, USA

Jan 122007

Ram 1500 V8

i thought it happened just from the cold conditions where i live. From the looks of it,this is a manufacture defect.

- , la Pine, OR, USA

Jan 072008

Ram 1500 5.9L

This is a serious problem that Dodge should take care of and issue a recall. If they cared how their customers felt and wanted them to return they would fix the problem. Or loose many more customers then they already have!

- , New Baltimore, MI, USA

Jul 052007

Ram 1500 LST 5.2L

BOUGHT MY TRUCK 3.5 YEARS AGO. GOT EXTENDED WARRANTY.(BAD CHOICE). AFTER ONE YEAR I NOTICE A CRACK 8" LONG ON MY DASH. WENT TO DEALER AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS NOT COVERED. BUT THEY COULD REPLACE IT FOR $2000.00. I WAS FLOORED. TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET THEM TO COME DOWN ON COST. GOT THEM DOWN TO 1000.00. COULD NOT AFFORD. DASH IS NOW IN ABOUT 6+ PCS. AND IN SOME PLACES DASH FELL IN. SO I BOUGHT DASH COVER. EVERYONE LIKES THE COVER AND I AM JUST DISAPPOINTED IN MY DEALER. WONT BE GETTING ANY VEHICLE FROM THEN AGAIN.

- , Goose Creek, S. C, USA

Jun 012006

Ram 1500 Magnum V6

THE DASH ON MY TRUCK LOOKS WORSE THEN FRANKENSTEIN!!!!!!! HUGE CRACK FROM WINDSHIELD TO DASH PANEL AND WINDSHIELD TO GLOVE BOX. HORRIBLE LOOKING, THE OUTSIDE HAS LESS WEAR!! EVERYONE I KNOW THAT DRIVES A DODGE 2001 AND EVEN SOME OTHER MODELS HAVE CRACKED UP DASHES. LOOKS LIKE THE DASH GOT "RAMMED", AND WE ALL GOT SCREWED.

- , Booneville, AR, USA

Feb 252006

Ram 1500 LS 5.2L V8

My dash cracked in 2005 so I bought a dash cover for it. Now in 2008 I was bothered by noise so I took the cover off and found that the dash was totally falling apart. Looking online I see that hundreds of people have this problem. Dodge should recall these trucks.

- , Sarasota, FL, USA

Aug 222007

Ram 1500 1500 3.7L

Ya i had to replace my frickin dash on my dodge. It cost 800 dollars just for dodge to do the work because no auto place would touch it. it then cost me 200 dollars just for the dash. Dodge needs to recall their product before it actually kills someone. i wish dodge would get it together because im going to take it to a lawyer and then sue them for everything if they dont back their product. HEY DODGE STOP BEING SUCH A COWARD AND FIX YOUR MISTAKES KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

- , Vacaville, CA, USA

May 032008

Ram 1500 REG CAB 3.9L V6

truck has a large crack in the dashboard from front window to bottom of dash on passenger side. this is a safety issue as passenger airbag may not work properly, electrical issues may occur, dash lights may fail. this needs to be recalled by dodge and replaced at no cost to current owner.

- , Plano, TX, USA

Jul 042005

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

The dash is breaking apart. Pieces, largest one is about 2 x 4 inches. Cracks all along entire dash. Will never buy another Dodge because they do not stand behind their products.

This item needs to be recalled.

- , Lakewood, CA, USA

Jun 082005

Ram 1500 5.2L V8 Magnum

I carried my truck to the dealership because it was having an air conditioner problem but the dash had about 3 cracks and I wanted to carry it to them because I felt like they would take the best care of the dash when they took it out. When I got the truck back the dash was falling to pieces. I consulted the shop foreman about the situation and he said that they did nothing to contribute to this problem and that it was a defect issue. I knew the owner personally and confronted him with the problem and he also told me it was a defect issue and I was one of several that had the same problem. He gave me a number to call the Chrysler Corp to try to get something done but they plainly told me I was SOL. I tried for months to get something done but can't get any results. Now I,m having the trans. rebuilt the second time in 8 months and I believe this will be my last one!

- , Jackson, TN, USA

Feb 152002

Ram 1500 LS

I think there should be a recall my dash completely shattered all the way across as I drive pieces fall off in the floor looks really bad also small pieces are very sharp like glass

- , Bluff City, TN, USA

Jan 012002

Ram 1500 SLX 5.9L V6

Dodge should issue a recall on these dash boards. I know of about 10 different people in my family and the same exact thing happen to them and after searching the net about this issue there has been numerous complaints. I have went all the way to the top with dodge on this issue and it does no good. They support there dashes and say there is nothing wrong with them. Thats a bunch of BS. I dont know what else can be done about this but wish someone would take it to a higher court some where and force them to replace all the dashes on everyones vehicle. There day will come one day for screwing people the way they do.

- , Victoria, TX, USA

Mar 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 3.9L V8

Yup, my dash cracked as well. Long, skinny crack from the heater to about halfway to the glove compartment.

- , North Creek, NY 12853, USA

May 262007

Ram 1500

I too have an exploded dashboard on my 2001 Dodge 1500 reg cab. It started as cracks as they all do, and I chocked it up to weather or whatever. Then, upon returning from a deployment to Middle East I realized I returned to an exploded dashboard. I doubt that any type of cover will help as it will still be falling apart underneath the cover. I would like to have it replaced but would it really be worth having it replaced with another worthless dashboard (does anyone know of any after market replacements)? I will have to see what the dealership will do for me, but as it looks, I am not expecting much. Very disappointed owner of my first and last dodge.

- , Altus, OK, USA

Mar 012008

Ram 1500 360 V8

Noticed crack out of the blue early March, also had Heater Core go out and it's being replaced tomorrow, hopefully this piece of crap dash will hold together through the repair.

- , Merced, CA, USA

Jan 242008

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

I purchased this truck in January,2008 This wasn't your average work truck, it was a one owner, always garaged, never driven in the rain gem! The original owner was 86yrs old, and was so picky that he had all his vehicles professionally detailed once a month. I didn't even see the cracks when I bought the truck, but noticed them about a week later. There are two of them, both start at the base of the windshield and continue rearward. The largest is above the glovebox and is about 5" long. The other is only about 2" long and is above the instrument panel.

I checked to see if the edges still lined up perfectly, and they do. I plan on supergluing them shut. They should be invisible if I carefully line the edges up. I want to stop it before it gets worse.

I just found out tonight that apparently this was a common problem with these trucks. I was wondering how such an immaculately cared for truck could have recieved a cracked dash.

- , Pell Cty, AL, USA

Mar 022004

Ram 1500

Here is another one. I left for another tour in Iraq only to return to my beautiful Dodge pickup turned into crap. My dash is cracked all over and the other day I hit a small bump in the road and a large chunk fell into the dash. I have searched for recalls before but Dodge doesn't seem to care. I was looking for a Ford F-150 when I happened upon this Dodge Ram 1500. What a mistake! I'll never buy Dodge again. So many people with the same problem and they won't make it right!! I hope they lose all truck lovers to other manufactures.

- , Enterprise, AL, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.9L V8

PISS ON DODGE YOU CANT AFFORD EM! SPOKEN FROM A FORMER DODGE LOVER!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS TALKED CRAP ABOUT CHEVY BUT IM GONNA BUY ONE ,OR A FORD OR A BICYCLE LEAST IT WOULD BE MORE RELIABLE!

- , Lake Worth, TX, USA

Jul 012007

Ram 1500 V6

Both my dodge and my work truck which is also a 2001 dodge have such terrible cracking in the dash that chunks of the dash have come off and there are holes where there should be plastic!!!

- , College Station, TX, USA

Jun 162006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

It's not a big deal, just a decent size crack. Which I glued back together.

- , Vincennes, IN, USA