Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.

2. add sealant to screws for windshield trim (1 reports)
  3. replace handle (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 012004

Ram 1500 4.7L

In a hard rain the grab handle on the drivers side drips, It's obviously the windshield leaking.

- , Sanbornton, NH, USA

Aug 032011

Ram 1500 Sport 4.7L V8

My grab handle started leaking while I was driving. I took the handle off and couldn't see where water could be coming in at so I looked outside around the window post and seen there are small screws that hold the trim that covers the gap between the windshield and the post. I took the screws out & added some silicon and stuck them back. The screws rust where they attach to the post. This creates a gap that allows water to enter and run out the grab handle. Hope this helps.

- , Mill Run, PA, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 1500 5.9L

Fact!! dodge knows of this problem and has done nothing about it on a recall..this water leaking through the grab handle running down the windshield creating excessive moisture up under the dash pad..resulting in several cracks...not to mention the safety issues when the windshield fogs up while driving ..... its time for dodge to stand accountable for the poor design and of this time I will never ever buy a dodge product again..Step up!!

- , Jefferson City, MO, USA

Mar 102006

Ram 1500

I was amazed to see that somebody has this same issue.

The DRIVER side "Oh-Sh*t" handle has two plastic covers over the bolts, the top one actually fills my lap with water when I accelerate when it's raining out.

I've felt around the outside of it, and it's dry, I've opened the little cover while it was leaking, and a slight amount of water residue accumulated on the inside of the hole.

Maybe this is where the musty smell is coming from, maybe I have to fill the hole in with RTV and hope I never have to dig it all out to get to the bolt. It's a shame Dodge, a real shame. But hey, look at the bright side, you've already gotten your money from me! (And won't again...Same with you Ford ;))

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 222007

Ram 1500 1500 4.7L V8

Grab Handle on the passenger side Leaks when Raining.

I took to dealer and they were supposed to fix the leaking grab handle. Not so, it still leaks like a sive.

I'm busy and don't have time to deal with these half-ass Dealers!

The Dealerships are irresponsible and don't give as damn

The repair men just want to charge for everyting !! This country has NO SERVICE ANYMORE, unless you can afford to spend $ 150.00 for dinner, then you might get some service!! NOT ME!

- , Richardson, TX, USA