- September 7: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Lawsuit Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- July 7: Chrysler Sued For $100 Million Over Keyless Ignition news | 75 days ago
Engine Failure Due To Oil Sludge
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Dodge dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 90,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 37 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (26 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- clean the siphon tube (1 reports)
- replace head gasket, grind heads (1 reports)