1. replace bad wire in the conduit between the fuse box & PCM (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

May 302011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

I drove my truck to and from work on 5/27/11 and had no issues or warning lights. Two days later I tried to start the truck and it turned over but would not fire. I had the truck towed to the local dealership. They diagnosed and fixed the issue. They found a bad wire in the conduit that connects the fuse case and PCM (computer). The conduit was not tampered with, cut or under extreme heat conditions. Ken the mechanic could not explain how this could have happened and implied it must have happened in the factory during the build/assembly. I paid the bill for $333.35.

This is obviously not wear-n-tear that caused and was a pre-existing condition from the factory. I sent an email to Dodge customerassistre@chrysler.com and asked to be reimbursed which they declined. I think it’s sad that loyal taxpaying consumers supported Dodge /Chrysler during its financial failure over the past years and they don’t offer anything in return except wanting more bailout and tax money.

- , Ofallon, MO, USA