7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (224 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (121 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 11 of 26)

Jan 012010

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

Wow what can I say? I bought the truck in 08 I noticed the cracked and broken dash board around the speaker and vent openings. Those cracks then turned into bits and pieces falling into and blowing out of the dashboard vents. My dashboard now looks like a jigsaw puzzle and I am embarrassed to say I am still paying for it. I was made aware that dodge new of the problem and did not recall or attempt to take care of the issue or their customers. I will keep driving this extremely poor advertisement for Dodge and explain to people how Dodge did not back up their customer or their product. I believe that nice vehicles speak about the company that manufactures them. Only Dodge can change the public's opinion on the company's reputation.

- , Hobbs, NM, USA

Dec 072008

Ram 1500 4.7L

DODGE NEEDS TO MAN UP AND REPAIR MY DASHBOARD...... THAT IS ALL....

- , Baytown, TX, USA

Mar 182011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

well is good to know that i am not alone with this problem , my dashboard looks very bad

- , Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA

Jan 012012

Ram 1500 LT 5.7L

The dashboard is cracked badly. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I got in the truck the other day and my vent over the speaker has imploded. Not to mention the multiple cracks I have all over the place. Mine have occurred on places on the dash.

- , Elk Grove, CA, USA

Jul 012010

Ram 1500 Single X V6

I really love my truck. But the dash is totally unacceptable the way in which it has deteriorated. There is a whole in the center that has broken thru. There are several cracks that go all the way to the dash. It is disgusting that Dodge would use such substandard materials in their products. If I had known this before buying this truck I probably would have bought a foreign made truck instead. I have researched this problem online and there are many many others with the same problem. You would think that Dodge would stand behind their products when they see that there is clearly a problem with them.

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Aug 092011

Ram 1500 LS 4.7L

This is the worst dash i have ever seen in any auto. This truck has only 84000 miles on it, if this is the type of products dodge put out makes you wonder how long the rest of the truck will last. I also lost the rear differential at 74000 miles which was lucky it was still under warranty. Had problem with emissions on this truck also replace every part that could be replaced and it still has check engine light on all the time.

Update from Jun 20, 2012: The rear end still howls all the time and the dealer says that is normal

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 012011

Ram 1500 Hemi

Always felt a cracked dash in a car was a sure sign of owner-neglect. I take extremely good care of my vehicles. They are stored in a garage and washed regularly. I have owned several cars for longer periods of time and NEVER had a dash crack. I found that there were many people having similar issues when I was searching for a replacement online. This is a really good truck and it is a shame that Dodge wouldn't offer to fix an obvious defect like this.

- , Cypress, TX, US

Sep 142006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Wow, can't believe everyone is having the same problem with their dashboard. Thought I was the only one until I found this website. I thought maybe living in AZ contributed to the crack, but after seeing the pictures and descriptions of where the cracks have been, I realize it was a defect. Mine is in the same spot, but I refuse to buy a replacement only for it to crack again. After reading through many of the complaints on here, it doesn't seem like Dodge is taking action for their consumers. I find it pretty ridiculous that Dodge has not already done a recall for this issue. I don't believe the consumers should have to pay for this defect. WHAT DO WE GOT TO DO TO GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED, COME ON DODGE!!! WILL A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT GET YOUR ATTENTION?? There is definitely enough complaints on here to start one. If anyone has already jumpe on the bandwagon please let me know.

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Jan 162012

Ram 1500 LX 4.7L

The best truck I have ever owned ,except for this sh*tty dash that has another crack every time you turn around. Would be willing to install a new dash myself if it was any better than the old one and it was shipped to me free. I think the subcontractors that made the dash should be responsible. Wallace

- , Loxley, AL, USA

Aug 072009

Ram 1500

There was never enough media coverage. Local television will never get this corrected by all affected. There are so many out there that do not even know that it was defective in the first place. 60 Minutes, not local should help. Just because you have mileage and it is out of warranty is no reason for Dodge to not step up and do something positive out of a negative situation. Speak up, this is not right. No matter what is said this is a safety hazard. Sharp edges, what if someone does have a wreck and it has affected the air bags.

What if someone has a wreck and alot of bodily damage could have been prevented if someone had only spoken up. I am not concerned about the cosmetics of the vehicle, it is a hazard and yes, an eye sore as well.

- , Waco, TX, USA

Apr 082012

Ram 1500 5.7L

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi dashboard has severe crack in it and from online research appears to be a manufacturer defect. Why has this not been recalled by Dodge?

- , Florence, SC, USA

May 082011

Ram 1500 SLT

The same as many complaints. Dodge p/u dash gave up. It's cracked and ugly and now falling apart in my hands when you touch it. I love my truck but DODGE HAS SCREWED ME FOR THE LAST TIME! Went to the dealer and they told me they are trying to find a vender to make the dash because the "contract" gave up when Dodge went out of business. WTF Thanks Dodge!

- , Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Jun 082008

Ram 1500 1500

The dodge Ram dash board is falling apart in pieces. it has very sharp edges that can cut. This started over the passenger side airbag and has spead. I have pieces that have broke off in pieces.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

May 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

This dash really sucks, I tried to put a cover over and had to remove the piece by the windshield. The plastic was so brittle it just broke apart into little pieces.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 142010

Ram 1500

they should live up to there comercials .............tough...

- , Ab, NC, USA

Apr 142010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

Well for starters, I have been noticing a global warming effect on my dash. It looks like a ice cube on a hot day, cracks everywere. Such an eye sore. Dodge dealer wanted close to 1,200 to fix both de-frost grille plate and the upper dash-board. Did tons of research, and cannot find any cheap or cheaper replacements. It is so annyoing. I love this truck, but as for the piece of sh*t dash, thats another story. I have put up sunshades and dash carpeted caps to protect it and nothing. Just cracking like a MoFo. But Dodge needs to own up on there mess and fix that ABS plastic know as a dash board.

- , Wafb, MO, USA

Nov 152011

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8

We noticed the crack starting Nov 2011. It has now progressed from front to back on the dashboard. I notified Chrysler at their 800 number and was turned away because I am the fourth owner of this truck. This truck was very well taken care of Laramie package and I decided to buy it because of its condition and low mileage (61,000 in 2010). I guess I should consider myself lucky that this happened 10 years into the life of the truck unlike many others that found themselves having to fight with Chrysler even when it should have been covered under warranty. After extensive research I have found this is obviously a material defect or flaw in their ABS plastic manufacturing for many years of truck and should have been addressed by Chrysler. Unlike a lawyer that works for Chrysler I would argue that this is a major safety issue. If the dashboard cracks and disintegrates under normal conditions, good sense would show it will be worse in the event of an accident and cause schrapnel that could be propelled by the airbags causing more injuries than it should.

- , Fruita, CO, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500 LX Hemi V8

Dealer was not interested in helping. Fortunately they lost there dealership when Dodge downsized. I hated them. The Chrysler Dealer that is now the Dodge Dealer is better and empathetic, but still no repair. I have also had shatter valve springs and recently a failed abs differential sensor. I had check engine warning light that a Good Year dealer finally fixed after giving two Dodge dealers $250 with no results. it was a vacuum leak. Both dealers knew what it was but the mechanics were too lazy to look for it. all they do is easter egg hunt for problems. not ability to trouble shoot. If the computer code wasn't there the dealer could not fix anything.

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

May 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

Sad to see a Dodge losing customers over a $30 piece of plastic that they charge $900.00 for. If you take every piece of plastic in the interior and add up all the list prices you could buy a new truck..

Will be my last Dodge truck as they don't think this is a problem. I guess it is not a problem for them as they are refusing to acknowledge it.

- , Thomson, GA, USA

Oct 122011

Ram 1500 LX 5.7L

IT IS A NICE TRUCK WITH APPARENTLY A UNIVERSAL PROBLEM OF A CRACKED DASH. DODGE KNOWS ABOUT IT. I CALLED THEM MYSELF AND COMPLAINED. THEY SAID THEY WONT REPAIR IT FOR A LOT OF INSIGNIFICANT REASONS. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. SO UNTIL THEY ARE FORCED TO LEGALLY,WE ARE OUT OF LUCK. THERE MUST BE AT LEAST ONE LAWYER OUT THERE THAT OWNS A DODGE TRUCK WITH OUR PROBLEM. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START THE CLASS ACTION,WE ARE BEHIND YOU WITH APPARENTLY LARGE NUMBERS.

- , Whittier, CA, USA