7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (225 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (124 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 13 of 26)

Jul 222011

Ram 1500 LS

ive got 3 or 4 places on my dash that have cracked and keep getting worse, i hear its a problem with a lot of dodge trucks. needs to be replaced by DODGE

- , Henderson, TN, USA

Dec 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

Noticed the first crack about a month ago around speaker grill. Then 2 more appeared at each heat vent. Today I get a crack on the main dash right above the glove box. I guess I'm lucky, it only took 8 years for mine to start what appears to be a significant issue. It sure looks like crap... considering I take pride in what my vehicles look like.

- , Lynchburg, VA, USA

Aug 102006

Ram 1500 ST 5.7L Hemi V8

Love the truck but Dodge should have to take some responsibility for this dashboard crack epidemic. My truck got its first crack 3 years from new purchase date. Started at the AC vent and now I have at least 10 large cracks throughout dash.

- , Hawthorne, CA, US

Jan 012007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi Magnum

It is pretty sad day in America when an American made truck does not last over 4 years without falling apart. It's even sadder when the persons responsible will not admit it.

- , Katy, TX, US

Jul 252011

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8

Started off as a small crack above both passenger side air vents... the next week noticed that it had extended from the air vent, almost all the way up to the windshield. Looks a lot like the pic that that is shown on here already. I always take care of my vehicles and take pride in that....then this happens. I had heard reports of this but I was hoping I might get by this without incident. I love my Dodge Ram and have had no problems at all...the only problems have to do with the plastics used in the interior..what to do?

Dodge should really take care of this problem. If this is something they do not perform a recall on..they should at least help with the expense of having this replaced.

- , Anderson, SC, USA

Jun 012011

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L

CRACK JUST APPEARED ONE DAY. WHY?? IS THERE GOING TO BE A RECALL??

- , Chesterfield, MI, USA

Jun 302008

Ram 1500 Hemi

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard

Called Dodge. They said get estimate- estimate sent to dodge- dodge approved repair- dealer said I had to pay for it- call dodge again - Yes I pay and AFTER repair is confirmed complete, dodge reimburses me. I asked for a written agreement, confirmation, written promise, SOME kind of proof. Dodge says they are prohibited from doing that.

Summary: The dealer does not trust dodge to pay and tells me to pay. Dodge will not back up verbal promise, so I don't trust Dodge either. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. I would rather sue Dodge. Find a lawyer who needs $$, go on TV, advertise for a class action suit and make Dodge fix ALL the trucks. These trucks were sold in subtropical & tropical climates and implied warrented for service in these climates. In fact the plastic used for the interior was incapable of resisting UV degradation and extreme heat and should never have been sold for use in these climates. Ford does not have this problem with their plastic, so we know the plastic formula is a can do.

All along Dodge reps refused to let me speak with higher ups. I pointed out how irate the big wigs will be when they learn the underlings allowed this to escalate to a nationwide lawsuit & that I was going to name underling names. They must be hiring mentally challenged phone bank reps, as the reps could not connect the dots to realize their actions would result in their termination once a suit is filed.

- , Ruskin, FL, USA

Sep 222011

Ram 1500

When I got into my truck today I noticed a large crack on my dash. The crack ran the length from windshield to back of dash. This is the same spot every one else is complaining about just to the left side of glove box. I'd take very good care of my truck there was no reason for this to happen. Dodge should take care of this problem. I have own many vehicles that were new and never had the dash crack on me. I thought dodge made a good truck but now I am not so sure. With all the complaints from this ,dodge should replace free of charge. This has to be a safety issue why doesn't dodge knowledge this. I gave dodge a try but now I think I will have to go back to ford, Chevy

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

May 012007

Ram 1500

You pay a pretty penny for reliable transportation and the interior falls apart before you can get it paid off. And, the cracked dashboard looks terrible, also looks dangerous.

- , Kemp, TX, USA

Sep 152011

Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

I have owned a Ford truck a Chevy truck and this is my first dodge. I love it and take very good care of it. Look at the mileage. I put a windshield screen in the windshield whenever I am NOT driving. Why in HELL would my cheap ass dash crack. I have baby'ed my truck and my dash has cracked? What the heck. I am a vet as was my Father (WWll, Japan). Should I be buying a truck from Japan? Americans SHOULD be able to build a Truck at least as good as the Germans. What the heck? I am very unhappy and doubt if I will buy another one.

- , Savannah, Grorgia, USA

Nov 232011

Ram 1500 XLT V6

I have an awful crack on my dashboard!!! Randomly happened. I take very good car of my car and it sucks that this happened!!! >:O

I don't think it's right that Dodge will not own up to situation. They should do something about this!!!

- , Charlotte, NC, US

Oct 012010

Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi

What a joke-major cracks starting in the dash of my $35K vehicle! Always been garaged, detailed, kept out of direct sunlight, etc! It is a hazard since the plastic will cut you like a knife. In the past 2 months I have two HUGE cracks on dash. One at drivers side from base of window to top of steering wheel and one on passenger side that looks like it will soon make its way down the whole front.

- , Cape Coral, FL, US

Sep 162011

Ram 1500 Quad 4.7L V8

Dash just started cracking out of the blue, First truck that I had this happen to me. So far this truck has not been dependable with issue like this.

- , Scott AFB, IL, USA

Jul 092011

Ram 1500 Laramie 3.5L V8

My dashboard has now split in three different locations. When I took my truck to the dealership, I was told that I needed to replace the entire dashboard because they didn't make a replacement for my truck anymore. The cost estimate to replace the entire dash was over $1800.00 and the dealership told me that nothing was covered by Dodge.

- , Sugar Hill, GA, USA

Apr 092011

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L

I love my Dodge truck for performance, but the dash cracking it has really sucks. I've never owned a vehicle where the dash has cracked in at least 8 places. Truck is normally not parked in sun and dash has not been hit.

- , Adairsville, GA, US

Nov 012010

Ram 1500 LX 3.2L

The dash started cracking and now if you barely touch it, it falls to pieces.

- , Deltona, FL, USA

Nov 272011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

At first I thought it was a piece of lint or string sitting up against my front window. But when i tried to wipe it away I then figured out that the string was actually a 1.5 inch long crack. A week later while talking to a church member whom has a Ram (04 or 05). He mentioned his dash is all cracked up. I then decided to make an appointment at the Mark Dodge dealer here in Mobile Alabama. While waiting I went online and did a google search for any known dash board cracks in dodge Rams and found hundreds. It is unbelievable that dodge knows it has problems with the dash boards and is able to drag its feet before making a recall.

I will come back and update this complaint after my visit to the dealer.

Ronald

Mobile, AL

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Aug 192010

Ram 1500 SLT V8

I could put up with the eye sore of many, many cracks; however, the problem is so severe now that entire pieces have fallen off and there gaping holes all over the dashboard...I have had to cover the problem with a cloth dashcover.

- , San Antonio, TX, US

Nov 132009

Ram 1500 V8

All the broken and falling to pieces, every signal piece! Dash board totally caved in. power windows panels toast you name it

- , Cedar Park, TX, US

Apr 082011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

noticed in my 2003 dodge one day out of the blue the above my radio in the dash was a small crack now its a huge crack going all the way to the second half of the dash towards the windshield. on the driver side were the defrost vent is its cracked right there too. I called dodge and they told me they wont pay for it. Its an out of pocket expense for me. Cause its considered an every day wear and tear. Um If dodge wants to stay in business you'd think they'd listen and care about ALL the complaints there getting for their 2003 model. But NO lets band together and make them fix the worst year they ever built.

- , Bodfish, CA, USA