7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (224 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (121 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 14 of 26)

Apr 192008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L V8

Why would somebody buy another vehicle from Dodge that costs anywhere from $20,000 to $60,000 if any part that was not a normal wear part would crack and fall apart after 5 years? RIght after I just got done paying my 2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 Truck off, and noticed the dash had 2 cracks up by defrost vents. Fast forward 3 years and I now have over 12 cracks and am waiting any day for the dash to cave in. I owned a 1994 Dodge Ram and sold it to buy my 2003 Dodge Ram and I had ZERO cracks, infact I had NO interior issues. I am a big Dodge fan but I am getting to the point that Chevy, GMC, and I would hate to say this Ford will be my next buy unless Dodge takes care of a soon to be safety hazard with plastic shrapnel that could fly at my passengers and/or myself if I would ever get into an accident. Dodge needs to fix this issue, and needs to find better plastic when they do fix this issue.

- , Carlsbad, CA, USA

Jul 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I first noticed the cracks in my dash during the summer of 2010. Now a year later there are 5 cracks across the dash and one of the vent covers has completely crumbled and fell down into the defrost duct. I have three friends who also drive Dodge PU's between 2000 & 2003 models. They have the same problem with the dash cracks.

- , Sallisaw, OK, USA

May 132011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

The dash in my 2003 Dodge Ram has cracked in two (2) places. Now My dash looks really bad. I talked to the parts manager at a Dodge Dealership about my problem and he told that they all crack ! also, that Dodge has no plans to take care of this problem.

I feel sure that with all the cracked Dodge dashes out there, this is a case of product defect....Don't you think? It's too bad that Dodge donsn't stand behind their products.

- , Savannah, GA, USA

Jun 012005

Ram 1500 SLT 4.8L V8

I pamper my 2003 dodge ram 1500 and consistently use a sunshade to protect the interior and in only 3 years the dash cracked. Pretty pathetic that Dodge has not yet issued a recall for this safety related matter. I bought my truck because i loved the look of the RAM but embarrassed to drive it now because of the entire dash being cracked. Now i have chunks of plastic in my A/C vents that are stuck and i cant even touch it because it breaks even more. Paid way to much money for this poor quality product. I was considering buying another dodge but not anymore if this is the type of quality and service they will put out.

- , Lemoore, CA, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.8L V8

Cracked dashboard just like everybody else. How pathetic that Dodge has not yet fixed this matter with its customers.

- , Lemoore, CA, USA

Jan 012010

Ram 1500

Everyone I know with a Dodge Ram 1500 has a cracked dash and the cracks seem to be in the same places. a friend of mine has a 2003 Dodge ram 1500 and the dash is cracked in the same areas. Dodge needs to recall and fix.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 072010

Ram 1500 SLT

Last year the smaller section of the two piece dashboard on my Ram1500 cracked so bad it broke in half. I had to buy a new one and replace it and now having to deal with the larger section cracking and looking so bad. It's really about time something get done about this.

- , Killeen, TX, USA

Oct 312011

Ram 1500 SLT

After finding the huge crack and going to the dealer only to be told there was nothing they could do about it and it happens, like it's a normal everyday thing, I don't think so! I think things like this should be taken care of by the company, after all we as consumers buy and expect well made dependable vehicles.

- , Killeen, TX, USA

Jun 262007

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L V8

Dodge has been my prefered choice for almost 30 years (Bought new in 1988,1993,1996,1998,2003) Its time to buy a new truck but I may have to buy a Ford this time as the local Dodge dealer not only wouldn't fix the problem (Cracked Dashboard) when it happened they now say the truck is in poor condition when it only has 72000 miles and the only thing on the truck that is not perfect is a defective dashboard.

- , Spartanburg, SC, USA

Mar 072011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Cracked dash , looks like somebody slammed their fist on it for a solid hour! it is a shame that dodge doesn't see that whoever mixed that 2002 or 2003 plastic missed something.

Dodge should fix.

- , Koloa, Hi, USA

May 212011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Dodge needs to fix this problem and send out a recall earlier years do not have this problem and majority of later years do not either. Apparently Dodge knows about this problem and is not doing anything about it.

- , Olney, TX, USA

Jan 012009

Ram 1500 4.7 V8

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I am very upset with Dodge. I called and was told there is nothing that they can do, to take truck to a dealership and pay to replace cracked dash. I will never buy a dodge again. They don't care about their customers! Dodge should take responsibility and do a recall.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Jun 022011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I took Pride in my Dodge Truck. I took Good Care of it and then the dash cracked all the way across. I had been a Chevy Man. I Love My Dodge Tuck!!!

- , Weaver, AL, USA

Sep 012011

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.9L

cracked dashboard

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and the dashboard is cracked all over and is falling apart. Dodge should do the right thing and replace these defective dashboards free of charge. Any vehicle that cost $30,000 or more should be built with better quality materials!

- , Cocoa, FL, USA

Sep 052011

Ram 1500 4.7L

This is my first truck, and i love it.. All i did was hit a small bump and it cracked. Would like to get it fixed but i don't have the money to get it fixed. Plus i shouldn't have to. Doesn't have that many miles for it to happen,. I keep my truck clean and maintain it all the time.. The clear coat is cracking on the truck. thank u becky

- , Clarksville, TN, USA

Sep 122010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Dashboard starting cracking, small cracks grew larger, then they started connecting. Pieces of dashboard are now falling into/inside of the dash. I have heard the dashboard crack, as I was driving down the road! Looking in windows of other Dodge trucks in parking lots, show cracking in every one I've looked at. Bad engineering, bad quality, bad customer relations. Mention "Dashboard cracking", and Dodge will fall over themselves telling you that it's not covered, and any repairs are at your cost. Their "solution" is to replace the dashboard, at my expense of course, with the same badly engineered, bad quality, type of dash. The broken edges of the dash are extremely sharp, and pose a serious laceration hazard.

- , Summerville, SC, US

Feb 012010

Ram 1500

Called Chrysler Management Group about the issue. Stated that they are aware of the issue but they can't do anything about it. The representative stated that his dash was doing the same thing. Dealer commented that the price of Dodge replacement parts $1250 in this case was slowly putting them out of business. I have to agree, I will NEVER buy another Dodge or Chrysler.

- , League City, TX, USA

Jun 272011

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

The dashhboard in my truck started cracking about 4 years ago at about 28,000 miles. I have 47,000 miles now and it is completely falling apart. I decided to finally replace it when I discovered how wide spread a problem the broken dashboard is. I called Chrysler Care and at first they didn't aknowledge the problem then said they would help me out. They want me to pay over $600.00 to replace the defective equipment they built my truck with (along with millions of other). I've been a loyal Dodge customer all of my adult life and was going to buy a Charger this December. I'll replace the dashboard myself for substantially less money then the discounted price I was offered and give my business to another company. I hope others do the same.

- , Sachse, TX, USA

Jul 062011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

The crack in the dash on the passenger side just appeared for no reason. I thought, "What the hell?" until I read this is a common problem. Dodge needs to address this!

- , Eufaula, OK, USA

Jul 142010

Ram 1500 LS 5.7L

This truck was only 7 years old when the dash board began cracking!!! During the hot months we always put a windshield reflector in the windshield. The cracks are not causing any functional problem at this point but it decreases the resale value of the truck, I keep my truck in pristine condition and this problem makes it lokk trashy. Dashboards should last more than 6-7 years!! Heck, I've got a 1988 Jeep that has been everywhere that Dodge has been and in more severe weather and the dash on it is in great condition. Let Chrysler know they should do something about this Problem!!!!

- , Chino Valley, AZ, USA