7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (224 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (121 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 18 of 26)

Jan 042010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I take pride in my Ram. This was my "Dream Truck" and I have spent more than $10,000 in upgrades for the truck. The exterior of the truck is in excellent condition and the interior is as well with the exception of the dash. it is embarassing to let someone inside and see that the dash is caving in.

- , Sebring, FL, USA

Jul 152008

Ram 1500

My dash on my 2003 Dodge Ram cracked about 3 months after I paid it off. My Ram was the first Dodge I owned, as well as the first pickup I owned. The next $30,000 I spend definitely won't go to Dodge, especially with the garbage they are selling (and won't fix).

- , Knob Noster, MO, USA

Apr 302010

Ram 1500 1500 Hemi

Does anyone have a dodge ram truck that has a cracked dashboard? The cracks look like they were cut with a saw. This is a major problem all over the internet . I have a 2003 dodge ram and reported this to chrysler. They will not repair it and take responsibility for a problem with that is inherent. They told me I would have to pay $800 for repair. We have been loyal Chrysler customers, having had 6 vehicles in the last 20 yrs. Will this be my last? It will depend on Chrysler's response. There are numerous complaints on the internet for the same problem. Customers are not being helped by Chrysler for defective materials that make up the dashboard. This problem has been featured on an Orlando, Florida television station.

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Sep 092010

Ram 1500 4.7L

My 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 dash cracked and after searching on the Web it looks like if I don't replace it that it will cause electrical problems.

- , Valley Center, KS, USA

May 012008

Ram 1500 Best 57 Hemi

I was shocked to find out the extent of this problem with the 1998-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Pick up. No wonder foreign vehicles are so popular. Dodge should be forced to fix this problem.

- , Nutley, NJ, USA

Jul 212010

Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4.7L

Ok this is my second Ram. My 95 rolled 100,000 miles and the dash cracked, had gaping hole in it by the time I traded it in. Figured it wouldn't happen to my next Ram. Sure enough, 2 weeks after I got it paid off, I got in it after work and it caught my eye. My dash cracked all the way from the passenger airbag location to the second dash cover at the windshield. Now I'm gonna be out $200 to buy a dash cap from Coverylay. Dodge should really do something about this problem instead of giving everyone the runaround. I think this is a real safety issue that could lead to more problems. What if the passenger airbag wiring got damaged by the sun???

- , Chickasha, OK, USA

Aug 062010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

2 days after I purchaced this truck,I went out to get in the glovebox and noticed the dash was cracked from the glovebox all the way to the smaller cover along the windshieald..About 2 days later ,the other dash cover along the windshield cracked.What's up with that?? Is the air bag still going to work? Is it safe?

- , Marion, OH, USA

Sep 102010

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

Same as the rest.... recently noticed a crack on the top of the passenger side left of the corner of the airbag... will try and pic later.

There has to be a problem some where thats alot of people with the same issue to be a coincedence...will call dealer and local rep on Monday 20th 2010. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi about 65000 miles....

- , Council Bluffs, IA, US

Jul 012006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I have the exact same problem as everyone else who spent their hard earned money on a 2003 Dodge Ram. My dash is falling apart. First crack started in 2006 just above the top left corner of the glove box and spread all the way back to the defrost vent. The second one is just to the right of center line of the instrument panel. That one started at the defrost vent and has now spread to the front of the dashboard almost completely splitting the dashboard in half. a piece has broken off of the defrost side of the crack so now there's a hole almost big enough to put your hand through in the dashboard. WHY ISN"T DODGE RECALLING THESE TRUCKS AND FIXING THIS CRAP?????

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jul 152010

Ram 1500

This our third Ram. In July a small crack started on the dash. In the past month two more have shown up and are growing larger as we speak. Dodge dealer pretty much "to bad so sad". We weren't planning on buying another truck. We take good care of our vehicles. It's upsetting because everything else in the truck looks great.I am going to call the dodge # that is on this sight, hope everyone else does too.

- , Daytona Beach, FL, USA

Sep 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I have never had a vehicle with dash problems..until now. I own a Chrysler minivan of the same year as my Ram 1500 (2003) with no dash problems what so ever. Why is it that the Dodge does? Same company? If the Dodge trucks are made in a different plant using the same materials then it has to be a manufacture issue which should be covered under some kind of recall. I am looking into spending a lot of hard earned American money to replace the dash or just live with it falling to pieces. Come on Dodge....stand by your products.

- , Harvest, AL, USA

Feb 012006

Ram 1500 ST 4.7L

Never a problem with this truck... exept for this. wtf... and it's so bad.

- , Ontario, CA, USA

Aug 252010

Ram 1500 3.7L V6

I think its a shame so many people have had this problem and Dodge wont fix it. Last Dodge I will ever own

- , Harrogate, TN, USA

Oct 012007

Ram 1500 4.6L

My truck looks new!!! I take very good care of it,, it has only 84000 mile and the dash is falling to peices. I cold dodge and they said they will pay but i will have to pay a $500 deductable. Crazy, this is a recall problem. I have a 89 mustang that sits in the sunn 24 7 and has no dash problems. I use to like dodge, not sure now. My next truck will not be a dodge!!

- , Sebastian, FL, USA

Sep 072010

Ram 1500 5.7L

u know i just bought this truck and it was great until my dash cracked and then i found this website I cant believe that dodge isnt helping out in this situation

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 1500 4.7L

Dash cracked in about 3 different places. Truck in great condition, only issue about the truck is the dash

- , Little Rock, AR, USA

Mar 092010

Ram 1500 XLT 4.7L V8

ONE DAY I WAS DRIVING MY TRUCK HIT A BUMP,NOT VERY BIG BUMP. WELL, MY DASH CAVED IN RIGHT IN THE CENTER,BY THE WINDSHIELD. NOW IT'S CRACKING FROM THE ENDS. SO NOW THANKS TO DODGE AND THERE CRAPPY PLASTIC I NEED A NEW DASH. WHICH IS NOT CHEAP.ONCE AGAIN THIS PROBLEM ISN'T ONLY HAPPENING TO ME,BUT OTHER PEOPLE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. THANKS DODGE FOR THE CRAPPY WORKMENSHIP .

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 272010

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

My truck produced a crack in the dash recently. It is a huge eyesore, and the first thing passengers see when they get in. I take very good care of my truck and detail it often. This crack appeared one day almost instantly. I have seen many reports similar to this on the web. Can anyone say "recall"?

- , Bay City, TX, USA

Jul 222008

Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 V8

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

Dodge Ram 1500 dashboard is defective. Dodge knows it and will not recall the problem. I research the after market dashboard and it comes from Dodge and is also defective and cost about $800.00. I paid more than $30,000 for this truck new and with in a few years it looks like I don't take care of it. This is the 4th dodge I have owned and will not buy another until they fix this problem.

I take great care when I clean the dash board because I'm affraid of cutting myself!

- , Mesa, AZ, USA

May 312010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

Not much to say that hasn't been said but I will not buy another dodge!!

- , Ball Ground, GA, USA