7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (224 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (121 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 21 of 26)

Dec 092009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L

just got in my truck to go to work and noticed the dash had a large crack down the middle.

- , Smyrna, DE, USA

May 012008

Ram 1500 5.9L

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram and the dashboard started to crack real bad. What really pissed me off is, I applied amorall to the dashboard every two weeks since I bought the truck. I will never buy another Dodge product ever again.

- , Branford, FL, USA

Nov 112009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

You think Dodge would fix this problem I really liked my truck until this happened now I would not buy another unless the problem is fixed.

- , Smithville, TN, USA

Jul 312014

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Park in the shade most of the time. Keep my windows cracked open an inch or two when no threat of rain. Just driving to get lunch. A regular day, no potholes hit, smooth ride about 3 miles round trip. When I got back to work and parked I looked over and saw a long crack all the way across the dashboard.

Just started doing a little research on the internet for people having the same issue and the general consensus is that it will cost around $900.00 to purchase a replacement dash from the dealer that will most likely crack again in a few years. This probably cost less than 20 bucks to make!

- , Greenville, SC, USA

Jan 052010

Ram 1500 LXT 4.7L

Dodge is a joke. It sounds like this problem is much bigger then a couple of trucks. I will never buy a Dodge again. Can anyone say Ford Expedition!!!

- , Clarksville, TN, US

Oct 302009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

ok...so I called Dodge to complain about my cracked dash. After registering my complaint the lady asked me just what did I want Dodge to do about it? Naturally I said I want you to replace my dashboard or get me a deal on another one that won't crack. She said ok and thanks for calling!!! So I guess I will now wait on my new dash to appear. I hope my truck lasts that long.

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

Jul 152009

Ram 1500 SLT Sport 5.7L

I am a 23 year, Retired Veteran of the U.S. Navy! I bought my dream truck in 2005, 3 years prior to my retirement date. I am also a 3 time Dodge Ram owner!! I have owned the '97 SLT Sport(single cab) bought in '97, '98 Laramie (Club Cab) bought in 2003 and now a 2003 Hemi Sport (Quad cab) bought in '05. All three trucks were mechanically sound! I had no issues from the '97 or '98 what so ever. My truck still gets great compliments on its exterior! I keep it in pristine condition. The Hemi Sport has been a Terrific truck as well until Summer '09.

My Dashboard started to crack. it started with a single crack on the passenger side and soon after I had 3 more large cracks all across the dash... What gives? I love the handling and performance that the truck gives but I am SOOOO embarassed to drive a relatively new truck with multiple cracks in the Dashboard.

Dodge, cut us true American Truck Owners a deal and discount the replacement cost for an obvious flaw that was unseen by the consumer until the warranty is gone.......

- , Lemon Grove, CA, US

Dec 152009

Ram 1500 Hemi Express 4.7L Hemi

The plastic that Dodge use for this dash is junk. No way should a truck with 30,000 mile have a dash that is cracked in two places. Doge if you are listening its time to make this right or when its time to purchase you will lose a loyal customer.

Update from Feb 20, 2010: I took my Dodge to the dealer I purchased the truck from at the request of the Chrysler Corporation Customer Service. They inspected the crack in the dash and the crack in the defroster vent panel. After sending pictures along with a report to Chrysler Customer Service I was approved for a complete dash replacement at no cost to me.

I want to thank the Chrysler Corporation and Autowest Dodge of Roseville Ca. for great customer service. I was expecting a battle but was shown great customer service instead.

- , Roseville, CA, USA

Jul 162009

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

It sounds like that quite a few of Dodge Ram owners is experiencing this problem. This should be a recall item in my opinion.

- , Lubbock, TX, USA

May 012009

Ram 1500

Dodge should recall and fix cracked dashboards. I had a 2001 Nissan that never had a problem with cracking.

- , Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Jul 022007

Ram 1500 \+ 4.7L

I had dash cracks in 2007 and went to dodge and they told me that this is a real money maker for the dealer, what kind of sick a-holes could the people at dodge be. i would love to file a class-act suite and if enough people contact me I would bet that a lawyer would love to make some money. This is a problem to all that own these trucks and that is the only way to make it known that makers need to fix defects, contact me at { kmf1977@gmail.com }. If I get a lot of names and contacts I will contact a lawyer, let's do something about it.

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, US

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 LT 5.7L Hemi

Add my vehicle to the many that have cracked dashboards.

FIX IT YOU ASS HOLES

- , St.Petersburg, FL, USA

Feb 012009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

A friend of mine had a 1998 Ram 1500 and dodge would not do anything to help him out. Knowing this, when I was shopping for a truck and fell in Love with my 2003 Ram 1500 w/hemi I asked the salesperson, Carol Stroud, if Dodge had taken steps to correct the problem by using a different material or other means. I stated to her that this could be the difference between me buying the truck or not. She looked me square in the eye and promised that this problem had been addressed and I would not be having the cracked dash problem as my friend did. So I bought the truck. When the cracking first appeared around the first of 2009 I called the dealership and stated my case and they politely said that the cracked dash was my problem and they would be happy to install a new dash for the low price of $1200. Why in the world would I want to pay that much money to have another poor quality dash installed on my truck. Had I known up front that they had not addressed the problem with the cracking dash and I had still decided to purchase the truck, I would have bought a dash cover to place over it to at least prolong the life of the poorly designed/manufactured piece of doo doo.I still love my truck but it is embarrassing when people get in it and see what appears to be a poorly cared for vehicle. Dodge can look at the maintenance history on my truck and see that every scheduled maintenance has been performed and they did all the work. I do care for my truck and do not deserve to be ignored when I have a problem that was absolutely due to either the materials used to make the dash or the lack of support for the massive piece. In this time of troubling auto industry does it make sense to treat loyal owners this way or should Dodge step up and show the auto industry that they do care about their customers and take responsibility for honest mistakes. Again, I Love my Dodge, but I can't do business with a company that will not stand behind what they sell. By the way, this is a truck from and native to Texas.

- , Whitehouse, TX, USA

Oct 272009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Apparently I am not the only one with this issue. My dodge developed a crack on the dash just above the passenger side airbag. It has been well taken care of and never been in an accident. It is unsightly and annoying and I want Dodge to admit that they have a problem, based on everyone's complaints that I have read I DON'T see this happening. I will not buy a dodge again if they do not back up there product. Definitely disappointing!!!

- , Bixby, OK, USA

Jun 192007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

My problem is just like the others on here. My dash is cracked all over the defrost vents have fell out and one of the cracks pinched my kids arm a few weeks ago when he was getting in my truck. I have not fixed it and will not fix it until Dodge pays for it. The same problem was in my 02 Dodge ram 1500 that sold but it was not even this bad at 100,000 miles not impressed with Dodge on this one either.

- , Amarillo, TX, US

Aug 102009

Ram 1500 SLT 4x4

Falling apart enough to make the heat and air lock up. God help us if the air bags have to deploy.

- , Sebastian, FL, USA

Aug 012009

Ram 1500 1500 5.7L V8 Hemi Magnum

Just like most other gripes on here, I have always taken perfect care of this truck, and the dash is cracked from the windshield all the way to the airbag panel. GRRRRR!! Crimpin my style! How do I come up with 1200 dollars to fix this and feed a family before christmas? Hope it doesn't affect my airbags. There are enough complaints on here about it. I know you know this is a problem.

- , Corona, CA, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 1500

Dashboard stated with small crack on passenger side. Now the whole thing has basically fallen apart. Looks like a broken jigsaw puzzle. This is completely unacceptable. The air vents are completely open and heaven forbid, my daughter accidently drops something down one of them. Dodge needs to take responsibility for this problem as is sound very common!

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Nov 282008

Ram 1500 Limited Edition 5.7L Hemi

This is a problem that has been around for a very long time. This is an eye sore.

- , Fallbrook, CA, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

No reason for Dodge not to step up to the plate and fix the problem. With all that is going on with the car business auto makers should do all that they can to keep their customers happy.

Not sure what my next truck will be, right now Dodge isn't high on my list.

- , Brunswick, GA, USA