7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (223 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (119 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 22 of 25)

Oct 202007

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

dodge needs to stand behind its product. There are just to many reports of cracked dashboard to be isolated.

- , Rocky Mount, NC, USA

Jul 182007

Ram 1500 V8

The problem is obvious. The manufacturing company who makes the dash boards have chosen a plastic for the product they are manufacturing.

I have never used any Armor All or any other after market product. I didn't want that "Shine" look on my dash board. I really liked the matte finish from the factory product.

That is until the damn think started falling apart.

My plan with this truck was to drive it forever. With the dash problem I probably won't. But I can say if Dodge doesn't fix it then I won't buy another one.

This is my second Dodge Ram.

Bobby

- , Tyler, TX, USA

Jul 012007

Ram 1500 Big Horn

I take good care of my truck, don't use Armor-All, and have a big, nasty crack from front to back across the dash board!! Just like the others, I am also having a problem with the air conditioning. The automatic windows are not always working and I rarely use them, so its annoying to have them going out also.I love my truck, but I wouldn't recommend anyone else to buy one at the rate these things fall apart. I take really good care of it and am usually the only occupant,so its upsetting to see the parts where I don't even sit falling apart!

- , Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Feb 172009

Ram 1500

So far this is the only problem. i hope something can be done

- , Alice, TX, USA

Jul 022009

Ram 1500 SLT V8

My dash has also been cracking, and getting worse as time goes by. First a small crack, then another. Waiting for the dash to someday just cave in I guess. This may have caused an air condition problem, as now air will not blow out of the vents. I can feel cold air from nooks and cranies in the dash, so the air condition is working. Was told that some door that controls the vents may have broken. Im thinking some of the plastic from dash fell and lodged on the vent mechanism. Hoping that the dash get recalled, my truck is in great condition except for cracked dash, and well now the air con problem!

- , Kingsville, TX, USA

Aug 152007

Ram 1500

I bought this truck second hand at a dealership in Baton Rouge. It was an awesome truck. I take very good care of my truck. I loved everything about it. I bought the vehicle in December of 2004. I noticed a rattle that no one at the dealership could figure out. I realized later on when my dashboard started to crack that this must be the rattle. I brought it to the dealership and they only tried to sell me a new one. They did not tell me that there were a lot of complaints about the same problem. I could deal with just one crack, but come on..... I asked my wife to google this problem and see if anyone else has this problem that maybe it is a defect from the factory. To my surprise, the internet is full of people with the same complaint. Please tell me what is Dodge going to do about this? They want us to bail them out but yet will not fix this problem. Don't you think we have paid enough!!! I am now having problems with my AC. I have to wonder if this is all because of the dashboard. Please let me know if anyone out there has any information about a recall or if the government is going to do something about this before someone gets killed.

SMelancon

- , Thibodaux, LA, USA

Aug 012006

Ram 1500 Quad Cap Slt V8 Hemi

cracked dash. It looks like a dried up mud hole. its a piece of sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 252009

Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4.7L V8

my dashboard is cracked too and i just purchased this truck 2 months ago started with only one crack on the passenger side and now there are two and big real big and i can`t buy a new one because is too expensive dodge said that cost like 600 dollars plus the labor for this POS.

- , Morrow, GA, US

Aug 292009

Ram 1500 SLT V8

This truck has had nothing but problems; Dodge had to replace the whole rear end - before we even had the truck a year. Also, we had a blinker problem that they had to fix before we had the truck a year. Now the other day the dashboard cracked out of nowhere. Also, the electric window controls on the passenger side are loose. Nobody ever even sits on the passenger side. My 2003 dodge ram has only 52300 miles on it! I will never, ever but another Dodge. No wonder they are out of business!!

- , Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Apr 042009

Ram 1500 5.7L

This is a problem that should be fix by the Dodge dealers. When are they going to wake up and see that there is a problem.

Update from May 23, 2013: My dash has so many cracks it is unbeliveable , it looks like a street map on altanta,ga. Dodge need to do something.

- , Grovetown, GA, USA

Aug 242009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

had a another crack develop in the dashboard hey dodge cut me a stimulas check to fix your cheap product

- , Ft Worth, TX, USA

Jul 162009

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

I read a few of the other complaints and my is basically the same. The front dash toward the passenger side of my Dodge quad cab Laramie 4x4 cracked all on it's own. It started small and soon grew to going all the way across the dash.

- , Richmond, TX, USA

Oct 272005

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

i bought this because really like it the dash cracked about a year after i purchased the truck makes me sick to look at it , the dealership just laughed when i wanted it fixed i then noticed every truck around has the same problem NOW MY PAYED OFF TRUCK, AND MINE AND EVERYONE'S TAX DOLLARS ARE BAILING OUT YOUR CHEAPASS COMPANY THANKS ALOT FOR NOTHING / AND BY THE WAY MY 98 TRUCK HAS A CRACKED DASH TOO

- , Ft Worth, TX, USA

Jan 162007

Ram 1500 5.7L

Noticed small crack on far right passenger fron dash now I have crack running the length from front of the dash to the front window. From what I've seen with other complaints on the internet, it will get much worse. It's obvious a defective product/material that dodge poorly chose to put in their vehicles. I want to know what Dodge is going to do about it. Are they going to wait until there is a serious accident with a possible a fatality before they decide to act! I've got this great truck I love but I'm going to have to junk it when dash falls in. Thanks Dodge!

- , Edmond, OK, USA

Dec 112008

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

I am also one of the cracked dashboard 2003 dodge owners, it started as a little crack on the passenger side and now it is clearly a big tear along the whole dashboard. from the window all the way to the other end of the dashboard. the whole thing is cracked in half. now im seeing debri coming out of the ac ducts. dodge said it would be 600 dollars just for the part, not sure for labor.

- , Brandon, FL, US

Jul 152009

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L

How many of you people with dash cracks used Armor all on it? I have had bad experience with Armorall and had heard it can cause vinyl to crack. Additionally I believe it causes a film to form on the inside of the windows as it outgasses.

- , Olympia, WA, US

Jul 012009

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

I give my baby a gentle rub-down approximately one a week, especially the dash. Approximately 1 month ago I detailed the dash and the next morning I noticed two small cracks! The morning following that, 4 large cracks! My blend door shattered somehow so now I have to tear the whole dash apart to replace that!!!!!!!!!!! There will be no way in hell to put the dash back together/in!!!!!!!!! Any word on a $#@% recall? Or any assistance? Or maybe letting a brother know where to get a replacement dash??? Im fed up! THIS IS JUST 1 OF 4 RECENT PROBLEMS!

- , Saginaw, TX, USA

Jul 182009

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L

It just keeps spreading like wildfire. I am the proud recipient of two new dash cracks this morning.

It is hard to believe that my father slaved for Chrysler for over 41 years trying to make the best products. He always encouraged the kids to buy American made products, but I see that Chrysler is not standing behind their products. I hate to say this, since I was raised on Mopar, but this is the last time Chrylser will ever see anything from me.

- , Oceanside, CA, USA

Aug 012006

Ram 1500 ST 4.7L V8

I bought my Ram in 2004 and tried to keep the dash looking nice. I keep the Truck in the garage, use a windshield screen, and use Armourall every Thursday, In 2006 small cracks appeared in the 2006. In 2007 the small cracks spread all over the dash and the vents fell all apart. Also, in 2007 a BIG crack appeared in the main dash. The parts were quoted by the dealer to be $1200 and they would NOT replace this KNOWN defect.

I will never buy a Dodge again!!!! I feel sorry for the workers who have to be embarrassed to work with such crappy material and know their company does NOT care. What a waste of bailout money. I don;t know anybody who will buy another Chrysler product after buying their first. Maybe they can sell them to third world countries who haven't heard what a piece of crap Dodge is.

- , Keller, TX, US

Mar 122008

Ram 1500 4.7L

Add me to the list of passenger side cracked dashboards

- , Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA