1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (222 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (116 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 9 of 25)

Sep 102012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

My 03 Dodge only has 44,000 miles on it. Truck looks like brand new from the outside, Two months ago I noticed a large crack on my dashboard went from the front windshield all the way back, right above the glove box. Two days ago I was driving down the road and hit a bump and the plastic over the vents on the dashboard caved in WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! My truck is always cared for and love it but I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE PRODUCT! RAM TOUGH YEAH RIGHT. Change your commercial to RAM CRAP!!!!! Pay 40,000 for our truck and your dash will fall in.

- , Pasadena, MD, USA

Jun 012012

Ram 1500 ES 4.7L V8

Didn't notice the crack in the dash until I saw the vent grill in the middle of the dash was missing some its bars. Then I looked a little harder and notice it was from the top of the dash down to the bottom of the dashboard. I had an 1981 Chevrolet pickup that I traded in that didn't have that problem.

- , Coffeyville, KS, USA

Oct 282012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

My 2003 RAM 1500 is my baby, that I don't leave outside, its parked under a carport. It gets detailed 2 to 3 times per year. The truck runs like its brand new without any problems. This dashboard problem is only a little surprising since a church member showed me his 2006 about two years ago and his dash was completely caved in. The exterior of his truck is in excellent condition and he was devastated that Dodge was not going to cover the damage. I will take and add pictures soon as possible:(

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Jul 072010

Ram 1500 Hemi 5.6L V8

Dodge should fix a manufactures defect no matter how old. Dodge needs to stand up and identify why they used an inferior product and make it right.

- , Theodore, AL, USA

Sep 272011

Ram 1500 3.7L

Dodge needs to make this right! The thin plastic dashboard is hardly the dash I thought it was when I purchased the vehicle and it wasn't until I paid off the vehicle that I found out the cheap dash had started to crack and fall into itself. There is no way to fix besides replacing it or covering the wounds.

- , Gulfport, MS, USA

Feb 212009

Ram 1500 Laromi 4.7L V8

makes my truck look really bad and old. I want dodge to fix this free of charge.

- , Mesquite, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I think Dodge should replace these defective dashes free of charge.

- , Sugar Land, TX, USA

Feb 052012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Just looking to let others know of issues that I have had.

- , Millville, NJ, USA

Nov 012010

Ram 1500

When the first crack appeared a few years ago I blamed my son who had used it a few times to go to school. I know that my son would have accepted blame if he had done it but said he did not. Then I thought the car wash was responsible since I go about every 10 days to get it washed. But as time has gone by it has gotten progressively worse. There are several big cracks and now the vent holes on the top have fallen into the dash. Wow what a class act for Dodge to not accept responsibility for this crappy, cheaply made eyesore. I definitely will NEVER buy another dodge product ever again. Since this is just cosmetic I won't go into all the other disappointing problems this beast has since dodge didn't accept responsibility for them either.

- , St Rose, LA, USA

Apr 282006

Ram 1500 3.7L V6

The dash on my 2003 Dodge RAM 1500 began to crack within 3 years of driving the truck. I use a windshield shade when parking, and the dash shows no discoloration. Originally the crack formed near the glove box, now many smaller cracks have formed. I recently went over a bump and the driver's side vent near the windshield disintegrated. I was proud to own a Dodge truck. I cannot believe they are going to chase customers away by this lack of support with this issue

- , Havana, FL, USA

Aug 012012

Ram 1500 5.9L

Dashboard is cracked significantly in three places,despite the truck being in GREAT condition.

- , Barton, MD, USA

Jun 012012

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7lv

I'm not getting on here to rant and carry on. I just want it to be known that I paid a lot of hard earned money for my truck and I love it. I've always taken are of it keeping a sun shade in the front window and keeping some sort of protectant (I usually use Turtle Wax products) applied. I have very low miles and can assure everyone that it has not been abused at all. I wouldn't say anything if it had been. But as I stated before, I paid a lot of hard earned money for my truck and really just want to receive the quality of product that I deserve.

- , Gaffney, SC, USA

Sep 152012

Ram 1500

cracked dashboard., was told that there is already a recall on this issue but not sure

- , tampa, FL, USA

Aug 082012

Ram 1500 5.7L

It started with one crack about 2 months ago, now there are 3. Reading all the others, and seeing the other pics I'm not optimistic it will not get horrifically worse.

- , Haslet, TX, USA

Aug 112007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

It makes me sick. I have a beautiful truck. And the dash looks like crap. I just want Dodge to replace it. Paid a lot of money for this truck so I expect the dash to last as long as the truck.

- , Marion, NC, USA

Aug 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

For the amount of money we spend on these trucks, we could at LEAST expect the plastic dash covers to last at least 10 years (should last much longer than that). Cheap workmanship Dodge...

- , Clearwater, FL, USA

Sep 082012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

I see this is a common problem on the 2003 Dodge ram. Has Dodge offered to fix the problem?

- , Slidell, LA, USA

Jan 222004

Ram 1500 Larame 5.7L

I keep Truck out of the sun. This is so bad now that there are pieces falling down onto the Tweeter Speakers ruining the high cost factory Infinity sound system in my Truck.

Who is the materials engineer at Chrysler. Have they ever tested this for UV breakdown?

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 242012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

This should never occur, the automaker is fully at fault and should issue a recall with a better quality replacement dash. Because of this incident I will not longer own any dodge vehicle.

- , FT Benning, GA, USA

Jun 122012

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.9L V8

Started out as a crack above right air vent, than down the center of front part of dash, now there is a crack from above the passenger side air bag to the back of the dash. I sent a email to Dodge and got a call Heather, in customer service.

She told me they was aware of the problem, but unfortunately they can't replace it. My question is WHY NOT? If you make a product and you know there is a design, and or manufacturing flaw wouldn't you take care of the problem? Is Dodge going to sit on there a**es and ignore the problem till someone gets hurt, or killed for there mistake? She also told me that they have replaced some of the dashes but my truck didn't qualify. My truck just hit 70k miles. So what are the qualifications? She could not answer that. I think they just put your claim in a hat at HQ and randomly draw names of with ones they will replace.

So in closing all I have to say is Dodge sucks, and Ford or Chevy just got a new customer.

SHAME ON YOU DODGE !!!!!! why don't you try standing behind your products