1. replace dashboard (50 reports)
  2. recall on dash would help (31 reports)
  4. file class action to mandate dodge to replace safety hazard (6 reports)
  5. install pre formed plastic dash (3 reports)
  6. replace dash with quality material (3 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 7)

Mar 022010

Ram 2500 SLT Diesel

severly cracked and pieces falling thru to floor. So with very little effort removed the pieces and took a couple of weeks to glue it back together and re-install it. was thinking of a cover but decided not to do that for now.

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Jan 012003

Ram 2500 4.6L

DODGE = JUNK; They do not stand behind their product, even when they know they used inferior materials which has caused big problems for a huge number of Dodge owners. My dash started to crack at about two years old. By about 4 years, the plastic began coming apart and falling down inside the instrument panel. At this time, the dash is about 60% gone, and the remainder is badly cracked. I called the local dealer and they refused to give me any assistance, other than to replace their crappy dash with another crappy dash at the tune of about $2,000.00. DODGE SUCKS !!

- , Rockmart, GA, USA

Apr 062010

Ram 2500 Sport Cummins

The dash on my Dodge truck is cracked in at least 6 different places. Unfortunately, these are not surface cracks. The dash is cracked all the way through. I am afraid the whole dash will collapse, or that pieces may be launched creating a hazard.

- , Hudson, WI, USA

Jun 112010

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L V6

I have, as a previously satisfied customer of Dodge, sold many of these trucks by influence and word of mouth, however, I now regret having done so. I have contacted my local dealer, several dealers within the state I live in, Dodge regional Customer Service, and Dodge national Customer Service. All refused to accept responsibility and all refused to repair or replace the dash. The regional CS rep actually said, "I'm sick of hearing about this like it's our problem!." I'm not prone to exaggeration and/or embellishment so you know this is a true statement. This is outrageous considering the number of truck owners who have reported the problem and the tremendous amount of negative publicity.

- , Montrose, CO, USA

Dec 202010

Ram 2500 SLT

Dodge employee K.C. who would not give her name only the intials, and an employee number of KG364 (maybe not her true number as she was rude beyond belief in my opinion). She basically gave the standard run-a-round and said it was to be expected in a 2001 vehicle that the dash would crack/break up. I told her I had a even older ford with no dash issues and it was quality. She would not admit that anyone else had a dash issue with their dodge and would not say if they have ever replaced a defective dash in an out of warranty vehicle. She said dodge owners have to take the vehicle to a dodge dealership and pay to have it examined for dash cracks at the vehicle owner's expense. The dash cracks, falling apart are hazzardous in my professional opinion. They can cut occupants of the cab of the vehicle and critical wiring, also allowing condensation or other items to get into the critical wiring sections of the vehicle. It is a potential hazzard.

Dodge is worth avoiding. The ford I have is quality in the interior design even though it cost far less then the dodge that I have issues with and have owned since it was new. I informed dodge that I most likely will not buy another dodge product, and that includes any of the other company items they own (Chrysler).

- , Nonegiven, ME, USA

Dec 012010

Ram 2500

I bought my Dodge Ram used a couple years back and I didn't even think about the single crack it had in the dash. Now the whole dash is falling apart. I had a 4"x5" piece collapse into the dash this week.

- , Novato, CA, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 2500 Diesel

My dashboard has completely disintegrated! Dodge has nothing to say about this?!?!???

- , Chandler, AZ, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel

4 Dodge Rams in the family between 2001 and 2003 all dashes have cracked!

- , Wylie, TX, USA

Aug 162007

Ram 2500 Laramie Ltd

click to see larger images

crack in the dashboard crack in the dashboard crack in the dashboard

I had a 97 dodge ram 1500 that I had no problem with. What happened to the newer models? Is the dodge company using a cheaper grade plastic or what? I love my dodge,but I don't like my dash. My dash started cracking and it's turning into the energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going and doesn't want to stop. I have a 2001 dodge 2500 Laramie SLT 4x4. I've found complaints about the dashes on the 2000 model but from the looks of my truck, the 2001 model is just as bad. I have always taken care of my truck and I know that it's NOT from sun damage. Whatever the company has changed, they need to change back. The constant popping sound when i'm going down the road is highly nerve racking. They need to have a recall on the dashes and put some good once in, instead of the cheap grade.

- , Aberdeen, NC, USA

Aug 012010

Ram 2500 6 cyl

dodge needs to address this issue about the dash boards cracking.

- , Berry, KY, USA

Jun 152008

Ram 2500 2500 HD

dash completely broken up. called dodge at 1-800-no help. paint or clear coat is blistering too. do not buy a dodge

- , Bristow, OK, USA

Oct 152010

Ram 2500

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Dashboard cracked so bad that it finally caved in. The pieces that fell into the dash must have done some damage to the high/lo beam switch. I went to turn on the high beams and the headlights went out. I could have gotten into a really bad accident and caused a fatality to myself or to some other innocent family. Is this what it takes before Dodge has a recall on this very dangerous situation? WHAT WILL IT TAKE ???

- , Marion, CT, USA

Nov 012008

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

I have had the pickup since new, I took really good care of it, but now the dash is falling apart and looks terrible, I am afraid that my son or someone else might cut themselfs on it

- , Brentwood, CA, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins

Started with one crack across the dash which has grown into a multitude of cracks all over the top of the dash. Now pieces are starting to fall into the wiring and everything under the dash.

- , Squamish, BC, Canada

Jun 012010

Ram 2500

To everyone that has a cracked dash in their Dodge Rams....we have a 2001 dodge ram 2500 and our dash is really is a danger not only touching it but if there was an accident this could shatter. I have contacted Dodge and filed a formal complaint. I am also filing a written all that have this problem: WE ALL NEED TO FILE BOTH OF THESE COMPLAINTS TO MAKE DODGE FIX THIS SITUATION!!!

For phone complaint: 1-800-423-6343

Written complaint: Chrysler Group LLC

PO Box 24-8004

Auburn Hills, MI 48321

Everyone contact them TODAY!!*

- , Clyde, OH, USA

Nov 102009

Ram 2500 5.9L

Top of dash has cracks all over. Went to remove dash bezel with the proper tool it to broke up in to pieces.

- , Felton, PA, USA

Jan 152004

Ram 2500 6 cyl

Like so many other Dodge truck owners, my dash has cracked and busted to the point that it is useless and now a safety hazard. This is my second Dodge truck...but it will be my last. Dodge is not taking any action to correct these problems so how can they expect customers to remain loyal to their product. Vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere...I will, provided I can sell/trade my truck in its present condition.

Shame on you Dodge, you just lost another (previously) loyal fan!

- , Alturas, FL, USA

May 012004

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

click to see larger images

crack in the dashboard crack in the dashboard crack in the dashboard crack in the dashboard

I've had this truck since it was new and overall it has been a great truck, however the dashboard has completely imploded. I beleive this is a significant safety issue as the pieces range in size from small to large and they are razor sharp in some places. I purchased a carpet dashcover and have basically ignored the issue, however I can no longer ignore this. There is practically nothing to support the carpet dash cover up!!

I was a GM truck owner before this and if it were not for the Cummins engine I never would have purchased this truck. Dodge needs to step up to the plate and fix this problem!!

- , Canyon Lake, TX, USA

Aug 052010

Ram 2500 LS 5.9L Diesel

My Dash got so bad within the last 2 years that I cut my hand 3 times requiring medical attention from just cleaning my inside windshield.

I never checked into getting it fixed as I had other costly issues such as burned out injection pump (twice) that was under warranty that Chrysler (Daimler at that time) would not cover due to bad fuel pump....costing me meg-a-bucks. I ended up adding a idiot light sensor monitoring the fuel pressure. Plus I added two fuel in the gas tank and one external so it would not drop below 4 lbs pressure. A law suit class action is needed..........Yes !!

- , Davison, MI, USA

Jul 122010

Ram 2500

This is the first auto I have ever owned that I have had this kind of problem and I have owned several autos and trucks This dash is totally falling apart and is getting dangerious. It is sharp and could make a very serious cuts.Big holes are appearing now where it is falling apart. This truck is practically like a new one except for the horrible DASH.....

- , Joplin, MO, USA