2004 Dodge Ram 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Jul 222005

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

Vehicle is in for a third time for same violent shaking at 65mph as reported to this site before. This vehicle is bound for a fatal head-on! I have found numerous complaints of the same problem nationwide on the internet. Dodge bought back 32 vehicles from the state of Maine for the same reason. Is anyone at the NHTSA looking into this? I have video of the problem showing a violent high speed wobble and bounce of the front-end. The video was taken from a second vehicle as I traveled at about 70 mph.

- Mtn.Home, ID, USA

Oct 012004

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

At less than 4000 miles on my '04 Dodge Ram 2500 I experienced violent shaking in the front-end at about 70-75 mph. I had to slow to about 35 to recover. This occured on a poor stretch of interstate therefor I avoided this stretch for sometime. At about 13000 miles I experienced the same problem and had to come to a complete stop to recover. This occured three more times on that trip and each time the onset occured at a slower speed. The shake is so violent that there is no steering control and slowing to abruptly enhanced the problem. I have seen several similar complaints on the internet yet only five reported to the NHTSA. There are currently three other pickups with the same problems being serviced at the same dealership I took mine to. I was told by the mechanic that they haven't tracked the problem and Dodge has been of no help. I currently have 600 miles on it since the repair and the problem is back. This problem without a doubt will cause a fatal crash. I am currently restricted to town driving until this problem is solved. Note: The date noted below for the date and mileage of occurence is only an estimate.

- Mountain Home, ID, USA

Jun 242005

Ram 2500 4WD 8-cyl

Violent shaking in front end at highway speeds when hitting a hole or expansion joint. Also the ride is terribly hard on this vehicle.

- Dunmore, PA, USA