8.2

1. Dodge needs to issue a recall (33 reports)
  2. Dodge should issue a recall (14 reports)
  3. replace dashboard (10 reports)
  4. I will buy the new dash if Dodge has corrected the material (3 reports)
  6. cover with dashboard cover (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 3500:

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jun 192007

Ram 3500 Laimire 5.9L V6

I think dodge should call a recall because if you spend $34000 on a truck the dash board sure not crack

- , Sweeny, TX, USA

May 302007

Ram 3500

I have a 2003 3500 crew cab with about 55K miles on it. This weekend it started Cracking in the dashboard. Not only am I still paying on the $40K+ vehicle but I also have the extended warranty. So far the dealership is giving us the run around about one it being covered and two telling us that they don't know if their will be a cost or not. If you go on line tons of 1500 owners are reporting this as a problem in the 01 and my truck is newer.... can you imagine what it will look like in 2 more years. Plus I've read that Dodge don't want to issue a recall because it isn't a big enough problem. WHAT? My dashboard is cracking that's a big problem. If anyone else has heard of this or have found a way to get Dodge of their A## and do what they need to be doing please let me know. This should and NEEDS to be a recall at no cost the the customers.

- , Hazel Green, AL, USA

Jul 022007

Ram 3500 3500 HD SLT 5.9L CUMMINS

OK, I thought I was one of the few with this Cracked Dash problem. I'm very supprised to see this problem from the 01 Ram 1500 up through my 03 Ram 3500. They must make this hard dash out of some cheap crap! I have the extended warranty and it appears this is not covered based on the complaints I read on this site. My Dash cracked in 2 places last week, I mean all the way across. If this is not covered and they think I'm paying 400.00 for another defective piece of crap to put in place of this one they are wrong. I really like my truck but I sold my Ford truck to buy this Dodge and my Ford had 235000 mi with 12 years of exposure to the dash and guess what? NO CRACKS! I know my Dodge is assembled in Mexico, maybe the dash is made of Tortilla shells! Hello? This sucks, it's inferior and they should do something about it! jwb063

- , Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA