2001 Ford E-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford E-150:

2001 Ford E-150 Owner Comments

Dec 072015

E-150 HD 3.2L V6

Having read that this is a problem that's not confined to my truck!! I feel that Ford has the responsibility. In good faith to rectify this problem. I've have taken the truck to a body shop and the estimate to repaint the hood right is $ 1500,00. The reason being that they would have to remove the front window and most times that causes it to break. Which brings the cost up higher. We could have a cheap job done that might last 3 or 4 years and b right back to where we r now. If we trade it n of course the bad paint lowers our trade n value. Ford may say it's a 2001 it's time for a new one, but with the low miles u can c it is use for truck purposes only. Hauling firewood, towing a boat to the lake and hauling stuff around town. Maybe 10,000 miles a year. We don't need a new one we need Ford to b the company that consumer reports thinks they are! Things like this will loose that Best Buy recommendation fast and I am on the panel who helps rate products for them and I will b call CR I f Ford doesn't do something fast!

Melissia Pletcher