- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
1996 Ford E-150
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1996 E-150 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 15
- engine problemsNHTSA: 14
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford E-150 Model Years
Curious how the 1996 E-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford E-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the E-150.