1.7

2002 Ford E-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford E-150:

2002 Ford E-150 Owner Comments

Jun 282010

E-150

I own a 2002 Ford E150 van with a 5.4 Triton engine. The van has 98000 miles, and still has the original sparkplugs in it (mainly due to the fact that Ford doesn't recommend a change until 90K). While driving at approximately 20 mph, I heard a "pop", and suddenly the van begin to drive sluggish and very loud. I was able to return home, and discovered that the #3 sparkplug had ejected from the head, damaging the coil. At this point, it appears that a Ford dealership may need to repair the damage at a cost of $500. I can only imagine how this could have been different if this would have been freeway driving or I were a considerable way from home. I will never purchase a Ford product again because of this. Ford needs to make this right.

- New Berlin, WI, USA