2004 Ford E-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford E-150:

2004 Ford E-150 Owner Comments

Mar 162005

E-150 4WD 6-cyl

We purchased our 2004 Ford Expedition in July, took it to Florida on vacation and while driving on the interstate it started shuddering. When we finally got it stopped (the brakes just wouldn't work) we checked for a flat tire - nothing. The next occurance was the first week of September, we took it inot the dealer, they found a diagnostic code and did something to it. It happened several more times. We continued to take it in.. they said they couldn't find a diagnostic code. On March 16th, the day before it was scheduled to go in for this again, I drove over a rough spot on the street, and once again, it started shuddering. I immediately put the brakes on - I was standing on them - to no avail - a block and a half after it started shuddering, and excellerating, I hit a truck and injured my neck. When I contacted Ford Motor Company the first time, they blew me off. The second time, the guy just asked why I called again. I told them some one was going to get killed, and I wanted this fixed. After talking to several friends, I found out that several other people have experienced the same thing. The service manager at the dealer asked for the VIN numbers of the others. I am in the process of getting them all for him. Due to the lack of response from Ford, I have turned it over to an attorney.

- Gordonville, MO, USA